Needing help selecting a blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
My current set up right now is a H3 Provincial on my FH, and Tenergy 64 on my BH, both slapped onto a Timo Boll ALL+

I was thinking of finding a step up as I am trying to develop my game into an offensive. I definitely want to switch the T64 to a T05-fx since I felt I had more control with that on my backhand. As for the blade, I've been looking around and saw the Petr Korbel blade. Any thoughts on this blade, as well as suggestions?

Any help is appreciated.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Petr Korbel blade! Well done. You actually get the prize. That is a perfect blade as a next step up. So many people make the mistake of trying to go from what you have to something like a Timo Boll ALC. The Korbel blade is a great blade and the perfect next step from what you have been using. It is an all wood blade with very good ball feel, good speed, good control and good dwell time, so, good for creating spin. Excellent choice. Very few people are able to make such a good choice as their next blade without help from someone like a coach telling them what to get. Go for it.

This user has no status.
Changing from my primorac 20 years old and has given up, its falling apart, thinking about a siga rosewood nct v ,little faster than the legendary primorac
any one use this blade.Its the best I have tried at my club up to now..not keen on carbon blades .
The two blades I have used over the last 35 years (whilst trying others but changing back after a week) are primorac off- and persson powerplay, both st handles...
great blades... the older ones are defo better than the new models...
I have a few spare blades but feel like a faster bat now..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
I have an Allround game, but I like to take an offensive with my forehand so I guess I'm and offensive allround. I've read that Primorac and Korbel are my next step up from an ALL+ blade. I used to have an OFF when I first started out and I really had no control, so I switched to ALL+ to learn basics with. Now that I have more experience and practice, I feel like my game demands a little more than only control.

So if I should choose between Primorac and Korbel, what would be a better choice between the newer updated blades? I read they are worse than the old versions and the old versions are harder to find.

This user has no status.
I am 100% sure. It is faster i played it myself and had huge problems with controling my topsin. It naturally depends on the wight of the blade( i play a TB Alc with around 90g so not a light one) and i also don t like feeling of all wood blade because the dwell time is to long for me and the blade carrys the ball over the table.
The Tb Forte is the 2nd fastest Butterfly all wood blade, according cataloge of butterfly from 2012 ( Mazunov is the fastest all wood blade).

Attachments

• 554351_213731925395289_1764735789_n.jpg
    554351_213731925395289_1764735789_n.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 67
This user has no status.
@HLDang 3 years ago i was in the nearly same situation. I tested the blades at a shop and from members of my club. I choose the TB ALC because it was so much fun to play with it and it stepped up my game so much from the first week i played with it. I would recommend testing then choosing ,because there are a lot of factors u have to mention ( grip , wight , color :D etc.). The quality of the blade depends a lot on where it was produced . Old butterfly blades where all manufactored in Japan, which is the reason they have better quality. But the butterfly quality standart is still higher then most other companies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
What are the advantages of having the Timo Boll Spark over Primorac or Korbel? I read on tabletennisdb that it's more suited for a control/defense game.

Off Topic: I read that black rubber for a forehand produces more spin than having a red rubber forehand because red rubber has to be dyed red... is that true?

foz

This user has no status.
You probably won want to here this cos it's not BTY, but you could do a lot worse than Donic Burn off-, great next step blade, does everything VERY well! Fantastic feel with loads of speed when needed! I moved too fast into quick set ups and wasn't until I changed to this one til I realised how important a controllable blade is while still learning the finer points of the game, I used this for the last 2 years and its set me up nicely for a more aggressive 2wing attack game with Zhang Jike.
I used xplode sensitive with burn blade, perfect!