PDA

View Full Version : The ranking system of each member

Dan
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Ranking system of each member

The ranking system for each member works as follows: To break it down, each post you put in a thread under the forum section will change your membership status as you begin to post more over time in the forum.

TTD Member 0 posts
Regional TTD Member 100 posts
International TTD Member 200 posts
World Class TTD Member 500 posts
Elite TTD Member 1000 posts
V.I.P TTD Member 1500 posts

wangliqin
10-26-2010, 10:42 AM
well, what's the award to these person?

Dan
10-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Im not to sure really, i guess it just shows that they use the forum more ect... is it possible to give awards?

Offensive
10-26-2010, 02:49 PM
in all forum are more then that.
100post first
ecc)

char987
10-26-2010, 09:50 PM
vip should be much higher i think but rest is ok

Dan
10-27-2010, 02:13 AM
in all forum are more then that.
100post first
ecc)

Yeah im going to change tommorow,, I didnt realise how quickly peoples post goes up :D

Thanks for letting me know bro

ttFaka
10-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Do I do images to you for the ranges?

Dan
10-29-2010, 03:17 AM
Do I do images to you for the ranges?

How do you me mate?

Offensive
10-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Is thatm because if ou remember italian forum that we talk about, in that i have got about 1500 messages in 2-3 years.

ttFaka
10-29-2010, 11:48 PM
you think of these ..

http://imgur.com/p0ZH8.png

http://imgur.com/6VetW.png

iTT
04-13-2011, 09:31 AM
you think of these ..

Most forums have certain images to let you distinguish between the ranks. For those that I've been in, it's usually stars with the number increasing as you gain more posts. So is it possible here?

poltery
04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
you think of these ..

HAHAHA Austin Power:GOLDMEMBER! :)

Dan
04-13-2011, 09:44 AM
HAHAHA Austin Power:GOLDMEMBER! :)

Haha i like the idea guys :) Ill look into it and change the ranking system as soon as possible :)

markog99
04-13-2011, 01:25 PM
i am close to 1000 post.my live goal is to have 10000 post at tabletennisdaily!

chughtai
04-13-2011, 05:21 PM
this forum is getting more exciting

jyechen
04-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Oh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Post count +1. :cool:

Dan
04-14-2011, 12:00 AM
i am close to 1000 post.my live goal is to have 10000 post at tabletennisdaily!

Love the enthusiasm guys! :)

YosuaYosan
04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Oh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Post count +1. :cool:

LOOL !!

and btw this forum's members needs to be more aware of thread rating, reputation system, friend system and the use of chat lounge.

iTT
04-16-2011, 04:29 PM
The images for rankings is the reputation system! or similar anyway. There should be an option to increase the number of green blocks and change the description when hovering over it relating to the post count.

Nuigit
04-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah, an increasing number of green blocks would be nice.

A forum rank system usually works with a gradual increase in the number of posts needed to get to the next level.

I remember one forum ranking system, I was in, accommodated for up to 10,000 posts :P

YosuaYosan
04-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Woot!
Dan changed Bronze member into National TTD Player and Silver member to International TTD Member.
Nice one :D

Dan
04-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Woot!
Dan changed Bronze member into National TTD Player and Silver member to International TTD Member.
Nice one :D

Well spotted :) Im working on improving the functions within the member profiles in the threads guys just need a bit of time. Thanks for letting me know the improvements you want :)

Matt Hetherington
04-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I like it Dan :P catch up with you about it next time we chat :)

poltery
04-17-2011, 02:34 PM
hhahaha catch up sir matt :)

Matt Hetherington
04-17-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm chasing the biggest fish of the lot and he's on 974, there's a train coming Dan :P

Dan
04-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm chasing the biggest fish of the lot and he's on 974, there's a train coming Dan :P

Haha you cant catch me :D Good work tho Matt :)

Matt Hetherington
04-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Haha you cant catch me :D Good work tho Matt :)

I dunno about CANT :P I think that idea I mentioned could work well, if I think of another one I'll let you know.

YosuaYosan
04-20-2011, 05:24 AM
Now I am a Regional TTD Member :D

Dan, is it possible to make the ranking system of the members like this :
-We can choose our 'category' or class such as looper, all-rounder, defender, etc.
-Thus the ranking of the 100+ poster with looper class could be named National TTD Looper or even TTD Killer :P and the defender class could be named TTD Brick Wall, TTD Steel Wall, etc :D

I got this inspiration from newgrounds.com where members can choose your aura (good, neutral, evil), thus the representation image of the members are different depending on the level and aura.

Dan
04-20-2011, 07:20 AM

-We can choose our 'category' or class such as looper, all-rounder, defender, etc.
-Thus the ranking of the 100+ poster with looper class could be named National TTD Looper or even TTD Killer :P and the defender class could be named TTD Brick Wall, TTD Steel Wall, etc :D

I got this inspiration from newgrounds.com where members can choose your aura (good, neutral, evil), thus the representation image of the members are different depending on the level and aura.

Wow i really like this idea!

Ill look into it... Thanks for that :)

At the moment, yeah its regional TTD Member, National Member, International Member and so fourth, but yeah ill try and see if i can do your idea.

Thanks

Dan

poltery
04-20-2011, 08:20 AM
SIR DAN! why am i still a regional ttd member ? My post count is 131 and so is pingpongpom but pppom is nat'l ttd member why is that?

YosuaYosan
04-20-2011, 11:15 AM
SIR DAN! why am i still a regional ttd member ? My post count is 131 and so is pingpongpom but pppom is nat'l ttd member why is that?

I think the 100> posters are now TTD member, then it is regional, national, etc etc.

YosuaYosan
04-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow i really like this idea!

Ill look into it... Thanks for that :)

At the moment, yeah its regional TTD Member, National Member, International Member and so fourth, but yeah ill try and see if i can do your idea.

Thanks

Dan

Glad you like it, sire.
Will be looking into the change too :D

Matt Hetherington
04-21-2011, 12:32 AM
hehe Renz :P I guess Dan just thinks I'm the man :D

The idea I gave Dan for all your interest is coloured badges scaling from 30 posts all the way up to the thousands. The badges would start off simple like a small medal with TTD inscribed and a ribbon. Colours would start with say blue and red, green etc and work their way up to bronze silver gold and so on. Also Dan I thought the higher up you get you could change the medal design, for anyone who has played Halo Reach on Xbox Live some of the higher level medals are epic and as soon as you start matchmaking and see the medals ur like oh snap I'm gna get owned that guy is the man :P

poltery
04-21-2011, 02:43 AM
hhahaha HALO medals :)

Dan
04-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Haha Cheers Matt.

I will need to figure how to use photoshop and try to make these medals :P

UpSideDownCarl
04-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Too bad the technology to factor in the quality of the posts is not really part of the equation.

YosuaYosan
04-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Badges sound excellent to :)

iTT
04-23-2011, 04:42 PM

Like this idea but i think it might be too difficult to implement into forum.

ddudhane
04-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Ranking system of each member

The ranking system for each member works as follows: To break it down, each post you put in a thread under the forum section will change your membership status over time.

Member 0 posts
Bronze Member 100 posts
Silver Member 200 posts
Gold Member 500 posts
Elite Member 1000 posts

V.I.P Member 1500 posts

Ha Ha. I notice that you are not yet an Elite Member, Dan. Let's have a e-party when you get there!
DD

Dan
04-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Ha Ha. I notice that you are not yet an Elite Member, Dan. Let's have a e-party when you get there!
DD

Hehe good idea :P

@iTT yes your right its not easy... i dunno how im going to do it, but ill try sort out something thats cool :)

Matt Hetherington
04-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Hehe good idea :P

@iTT yes your right its not easy... i dunno how im going to do it, but ill try sort out something thats cool :)

2 posts away :P

ddudhane
04-27-2011, 05:48 PM
I totally agree Carl
BTW, i think your posts are some of the best!! :)

TTStefanoT05FX
04-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Good .. :)

domacc
05-01-2011, 01:26 PM
This is nice. Every forum have that. :)
Dan, can you make forum category - Videos of Members or something like that?

Dan
05-01-2011, 02:47 PM
This is nice. Every forum have that. :)
Dan, can you make forum - Videos of Members or something like that?

How you mean? Have a forum category for video of members? Sounds like a good idea :)

YosuaYosan
05-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Dear Dan,
Is it possible to make the update of the forum frontpage realtime ?
Its nice to get update right away rather than refreshing the page for updates.

Just a suggestion tho :D
Thx in advance

Dan
05-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Dear Dan,
Is it possible to make the update of the forum frontpage realtime ?
Its nice to get update right away rather than refreshing the page for updates.

Just a suggestion tho :D
Thx in advance

Hey bro

Do you mean the forum top 25 stats to refresh on its own?

YosuaYosan
05-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Yep.
Since I've never managed a forum, I don't know what program or mod to do that.
Sorry for the lack of info, if I've known, I will suggest the mod instead ;)

YosuaYosan
05-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Im the first World Class TTD Member !!
CIHUUUIIYY !!!

Knuckle Ball
01-27-2012, 08:43 AM
I love this place, how I wish I got here sooner!

Dan
01-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Yep.
Since I've never managed a forum, I don't know what program or mod to do that.
Sorry for the lack of info, if I've known, I will suggest the mod instead ;)

Hey Yosua, i can make rank more fancy with cool logo but it will only cause the page loads to slow down as we have country flags for each user which are fairly high in quries. I think country flag has more of a cool impact then user rank. We can keep the user rank as the text which has no page load issues. What do you think?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Dan
01-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Im the first World Class TTD Member !!
CIHUUUIIYY !!!

Down in history! Congrats! :)

Dan
01-27-2012, 10:02 AM
I love this place, how I wish I got here sooner!

Never to late Knuckle Ball. Thanks for joining us! :)

T!Christian
12-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I also regret i didnt find this website/forum earlier, as much as i regret that i havent started with table tennis 10 years earlier ;)

Der_Echte
12-08-2012, 03:40 PM
An award based on th number of posts is a real easy way to measure the participation in a forum, but not a reliable way to measure quality of posts adn value to the forum. Reputation points are a littel better indicator, but can also become a popularity contest.

Only a subjective review of one's body of work can reveal this, and even then, can sometime be off depending upon the judge's discernment, or mood or what the judge decides are the criteria for quality.

I am all for quality and value. Many members here at TTD fit that mold, regardless of post count.

TableTennisDaily
12-08-2012, 05:01 PM
An award based on th number of posts is a real easy way to measure the participation in a forum, but not a reliable way to measure quality of posts adn value to the forum. Reputation points are a littel better indicator, but can also become a popularity contest.

Only a subjective review of one's body of work can reveal this, and even then, can sometime be off depending upon the judge's discernment, or mood or what the judge decides are the criteria for quality.

I am all for quality and value. Many members here at TTD fit that mold, regardless of post count.

Wow, your post has just made me think! Maybe we make ranking based on how many likes you have per post?

Pnachtwey
12-08-2012, 05:30 PM
I think forum rankings are silly.

UpSideDownCarl
12-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Wow, your post has just made me think! Maybe we make ranking based on how many likes you have per post?

What about a ranking system based on how many racket set-ups a member has listed under his avatar and signature. We could have another system where the ranking is based on an average from the total # of words per post for a member. There could be a most concise category and a most verbose category. You could also have a category for who has liked other people's posts most and who has had their own posts liked by others most. Oh, the list goes on. :)

Nah, I think the way things are is fine. But, looking at Yosua's numbers, perhaps there should be a category for over 3,000 posts since he is closing in. I think, perhaps he has been slowing down lately and if there was another new title for going over 3,000 posts, he might get there by tomorrow afternoon, or Wednesday at latest. :)

Pnachtwey
12-08-2012, 11:42 PM
If you want to have a ranking system that means something then why not counts 'likes'. I can see that system is already in place. I can't see making extra work for Dan. This keeps people from making a lot of worthless posts and think more about quality.

Der_Echte
12-09-2012, 03:10 AM
@ Carl, you just made my morning.

@Pny, the system you propose is obviously a better indicator and as you point out, very easy to implement. Problem is, over time, these kinda of things turn out to become a popularity contest. Take a look at Richard, who decided to stop foruming here. He had over 700 posts and maybe a dozen likes. I know he made many times more than a dozen quality posts.

Measuring his contributions (and anyone's) by the number of likes isn't an entirely efficient system. If you look at the forum members with at least some body of work, say over 300 posts, and look at teh number of likes they got, maybe 75% of time most agree it reflected at the least the minimum (but not maximum) quality they provided. Many quality posts go unliked and that is OK. Not everyone should be compelled to hit the like button multible times a day like we are on FB. Over here, you normally get a "Like" if you made an exceptional post or wrote something hilarious.

Given those observations, I can conclude that those who write a lot of exceptional or rediculous funny posts get the likes. I conclude based off of this that experts and drunken monkeys alike will get their huge share of likes.

I guess that makes me an expert at similating drunken monkey behaviour while seated in front of a laptop while logged into TTD.

There is no foolproof 100% way to achieve recognizing quality as it can differ person to person and also day to day among the same people.

Der_Echte
12-09-2012, 03:21 AM

Dan, this might be the best possible indicator we have without time-consuming analysis.

Still, I believe this method to be flawed. It is still possible to amass a large number of likes, thus achieving a very high staus of POST to LIKE ratio, even without significant contributions. We make the assumption that a LIKE equates to some significant contribiution, but that is not always the case. I hit the LIKE on Carl's post several posts above out of admiration for his satire, not out of what it contributed to the forum.

I have a nearly 10 to 1 POST to LIKE ratio and I strongly feel that significantly over-rates any value I provide the forum. There are TTD forum members who i consider more valuable than I who have a 50 to 1 POST to LIKE ratio. Maybe my ration is like that as I do not make a large number of short posts that do not say much.

Therfore, I feel that although your idea has a lot of merit, and even is the best viable method to achieve the goal of recognizing quality and value to the forum. I still maintain that it can be a flawed method. Only some analysis over a body of work with sprecified and subjective crteria can be close enough to 100% effective, but even that can be a bit flawed.

Der_Echte
12-09-2012, 03:27 AM
Dan, you have almost 3500 posts and under 100 likes. That makes for a 35 to 1 POST to LIKE ratio making it appear you are almost worthless to the forum. We all know that YOU are the creator and managing force of this forum and your value to the forum is immeasurable by any metric. That is one example of why the POST to LIKE ratio may or may not be an efficient indicator of quality and value.

On the other hand, your other TTD ID "TABLETENNISDAILY" has about 600 posts and just over 100 likes, making for a 6 to 1 POST to LIKE ratio. That is a lot more indicative of your value to the forum, yet it is significantly different from your personal ID's ratio.

TableTennisDaily
12-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Dan, this might be the best possible indicator we have without time-consuming analysis.

Still, I believe this method to be flawed. It is still possible to amass a large number of likes, thus achieving a very high staus of POST to LIKE ratio, even without significant contributions. We make the assumption that a LIKE equates to some significant contribiution, but that is not always the case. I hit the LIKE on Carl's post several posts above out of admiration for his satire, not out of what it contributed to the forum.

I have a nearly 10 to 1 POST to LIKE ratio and I strongly feel that significantly over-rates any value I provide the forum. There are TTD forum members who i consider more valuable than I who have a 50 to 1 POST to LIKE ratio. Maybe my ration is like that as I do not make a large number of short posts that do not say much.

Therfore, I feel that although your idea has a lot of merit, and even is the best viable method to achieve the goal of recognizing quality and value to the forum. I still maintain that it can be a flawed method. Only some analysis over a body of work with sprecified and subjective crteria can be close enough to 100% effective, but even that can be a bit flawed.

I totally agree with what your saying Der_Echte, you have put it very well and your right. Because you can get a like just for people pretty much saying thanks for your post. Perhaps TTD is best without any forum recognition... everyone is always on a level pegging... I need to have a deep think about which would be best :)

TableTennisDaily
12-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Dan, you have almost 3500 posts and under 100 likes. That makes for a 35 to 1 POST to LIKE ratio making it appear you are almost worthless to the forum. We all know that YOU are the creator and managing force of this forum and your value to the forum is immeasurable by any metric. That is one example of why the POST to LIKE ratio may or may not be an efficient indicator of quality and value.

On the other hand, your other TTD ID "TABLETENNISDAILY" has about 600 posts and just over 100 likes, making for a 6 to 1 POST to LIKE ratio. That is a lot more indicative of your value to the forum, yet it is significantly different from your personal ID's ratio.

Very true, I have looked on other forums, and many forums just base forum recognition on post count.. Maybe we could base it on a number of things at once, but i'm not sure now hehe :D

TableTennisDaily
12-09-2012, 06:36 PM

How about, posts can be liked and disliked? Or could that get messy lol

Der_Echte
12-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Yes, that can get a bit messy, but it would be LULZ. Imagine quality posters with a negative like count.

TableTennisDaily
12-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes, that can get a bit messy, but it would be LULZ. Imagine quality posters with a negative like count.

Yeah just I seen it on some websites i was browsing where there was a like and dislike, or a thumbs up, or thumbs down option. It would be to hard to work out a reputation, thinking about it, dislike is not a good idea :) Lets keep everything, liked and positive :)

XIII
12-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Yeah just I seen it on some websites i was browsing where there was a like and dislike, or a thumbs up, or thumbs down option. It would be to hard to work out a reputation, thinking about it, dislike is not a good idea :) Lets keep everything, liked and positive :)
In my opinion, a dislike option is not good. Like on Youtube, I never dislike the things I don't like or hate, I just left it.
Besides, you want this place to be a positive place, open to all opinions, which means you can comment to give your opinion instead of disliking.
Also, there could be trolls and people that turn down others which just dislike everything.

TableTennisDaily
12-10-2012, 10:36 AM
In my opinion, a dislike option is not good. Like on Youtube, I never dislike the things I don't like or hate, I just left it.
Besides, you want this place to be a positive place, open to all opinions, which means you can comment to give your opinion instead of disliking.
Also, there could be trolls and people that turn down others which just dislike everything.

Your very correct XIII, Positive forum for positive people :) We won't be adding no dislikes don't worry :)

Der_Echte
12-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Shrouded in secrecy, somewhere, Dan is busying himself with the idea of a NUKE button.

He isn't the type to mess around with the small stuff.

Giangt
12-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I would like a "your mom" button ending a sentence with the quote ;)

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 03:34 PM
what about a "CHOOO" button instead of the like? :D

then the text could be: "Choooed 300 times in 300 posts" or any other numbers of course :)

XIII
12-10-2012, 10:21 PM

then the text could be: "Choooed 300 times in 300 posts" or any other numbers of course :)

LOL yea we should have a CHOOO button.

TableTennisDaily
12-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Shrouded in secrecy, somewhere, Dan is busying himself with the idea of a NUKE button.

He isn't the type to mess around with the small stuff.

Haha very true! Nuke button which deletes your post :D haha.. similar to when you type Zerg Rush in google :)

I would like a "your mom" button ending a sentence with the quote ;)

Haha!

Haha this is awesome! Would this be a good idea? Would people understand the reasoning, like non league players and table tennis enthusiasts who are unaware of the word Cho?

LOL yea we should have a CHOOO button.

Haha I am buying into the idea! Replace Like for Cho?

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Haha very true! Nuke button which deletes your post :D haha.. similar to when you type Zerg Rush in google :)

Haha!

Haha this is awesome! Would this be a good idea? Would people understand the reasoning, like non league players and table tennis enthusiasts who are unaware of the word Cho?

Haha I am buying into the idea! Replace Like for Cho?

Despite being my idea, i think it is a great idea, and brings some humour and fun into forum (not that there isnt fun here) and i think most of the people know why "Choo", it doestn matter if pro player or enthusiast :)
Maybe u can make a sticky anouncement on the home and/or forum page, so people know :)

Also i think the ranking list is not quite right! Dima is on place 7 not 9 and Jun is not on 7 but 10 :)

TableTennisDaily
12-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Despite being my idea, i think it is a great idea, and brings some humour and fun into forum (not that there isnt fun here) and i think most of the people know why "Choo", it doestn matter if pro player or enthusiast :)
Maybe u can make a sticky anouncement on the home and/or forum page, so people know :)

Also i think the ranking list is not quite right! Dima is on place 7 not 9 and Jun is not on 7 but 10 :)

This is true, it would bring and even more table tennis feel to the site to :) Maybe we make a new thread with poll to see what users think?

Yeah I will update the ranking widget asap :)

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 10:36 PM
This is true, it would bring and even more table tennis feel to the site to :) Maybe we make a new thread with poll to see what users think?

Yeah I will update the ranking widget asap :)

Yes, do so :) Then my diabolic plan to overcome the TTD-Forum will finally start >:) haha

Not that it bothers me, but i thought i'd inform you :)

TableTennisDaily
12-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes, do so :) Then my diabolic plan to overcome the TTD-Forum will finally start >:) haha

Not that it bothers me, but i thought i'd inform you :)

Haha! :) My only concern is people won't hit cho because they won't know what it means. Everyone is so used to understanding what a like button does.

What are other members thoughts?

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Yes that's true! :)
My offered solution would be the above mentioned: to have a sticky information or something similar.

But ofc other member should join this with thoughts :)

XIII
12-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Can't you make new members read something before they join, like the rules and features?
I've been on other forums which make you accept the rules & Conditions of agreement before register.

Giangt
12-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Haha! :) My only concern is people won't hit cho because they won't know what it means. Everyone is so used to understanding what a like button does.

What are other members thoughts?

Perhaps you should warn members about that you've replaced the "Like" button with "CHO" resulting a fist in the face of the one and only Chuck Norris popping out of the screen :P

T!Christian
12-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Perhaps you should warn members about that you've replaced the "Like" button with "CHO" resulting a fist in the face of the one and only Chuck Norris popping out of the screen :P

Haha! that doesnt sound so bad too!

I think he still thinks about the Nuke button ... :)

Giangt
12-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Haha! that doesnt sound so bad too!

I think he still thinks about the Nuke button ... :)

But you know that nothing beats Chuck Norris right!? ;) Not even a Nuke

T!Christian
12-11-2012, 10:14 AM
True that!

We need someone from the TT Scene that would be the Chuck Norris of TT :D

XIII
12-11-2012, 10:16 AM
No, we need Ma Long popping up saying CHO!

TableTennisDaily
12-11-2012, 10:18 AM
No, we need Ma Long popping up saying CHO!

Hmmm, this is getting interesting, we could have a pro player poping up choing at random?

XIII
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Hmmm, this is getting interesting, we could have a pro player poping up choing at random?
LOL, make it like random, one time a Ma Long CHO!, then Xu Xin CHO! then Ding Ning CHO! and etc...

Giangt
12-11-2012, 10:21 AM

Haha that could be awesome! And ultimately having Chuck Norris as a joker :) I vote yes!

TableTennisDaily
12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
LOL, make it like random, one time a Ma Long CHO!, then Xu Xin CHO! then Ding Ning CHO! and etc...

Haha yeah! Let's give it a go! ill work on something over Christmas! :)

WiWa
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I believe the 'Like' button is used for funny posts rather than for serious posts in many cases. So a ranking based on likes would serve as an indicator of funny posts instead of a pure postcount. I don't know what to prefer. There are probably very few people who would give members credit just because of their forum rank. I guess posts are judged by their content, not by their posters rank :)

TableTennisDaily
12-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I believe the 'Like' button is used for funny posts rather than for serious posts in many cases. So a ranking based on likes would serve as an indicator of funny posts instead of a pure postcount. I don't know what to prefer. There are probably very few people who would give members credit just because of their forum rank. I guess posts are judged by their content, not by their posters rank :)

Yeah I agree WiWa, I think we cannot use anything really as an indicator of forum rank. I think for now it should be left alone as this will keep everything normal and simple.

I guess at the moment anyways, under a users name it displays how many time you've been liked. For example yours is:

Liked 60 Times in 47 Posts

T!Christian
12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
I hope it ain't a stupid question, but is it that important to have such a ranking? or let's say to valuate it so much:)

Der_Echte
12-12-2012, 10:36 AM

Ah, the LULZ of a forum. Gotta love it.

Der_Echte
12-12-2012, 10:38 AM

Possible, but not always true. I get 50/50 for thanks or good/bad advice or LULZ.

WiWa
12-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Possible, but not always true. I get 50/50 for thanks or good/bad advice or LULZ.
Well that's what the 'many cases' meant ;) I just tried to point out that ranking based on likes is as ambiguous as ranking based on postcount. And I agree with Cristian that it doesn't really matter that much after all, since the rankings don't have that much value, but are just nice I guess :)