alterntative to Butterfly Power Drive (original)

This user has no status.
During last years I played with Timo Boll Spirit but I came back to my old Butterfly Power Drive which gives me more control and my game is more reliable. I would like to buy a new blade, similar to Power Drive, but maybe something new, because it is a heavy blade in combination with Tenergy. Has anyone tried the new version of the Power Drive? What do you recomend considering that I would like to try only all wood blades?
Thank you

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Lets see, good all wood blade that is not too heavy:

Off rated speed:

Stiga Rosewood XO

Butterfly Petr Korbel

Donic Persson Power Play

Off- rated speed:

Butterfly Primorac Off-

Stiga Allround Evolution

==

If you like Hinoki or if you have never had a Hinoki blade, they are worth trying.

Off rated speed.

Darker 7p-2A.7t (Seven Ply Hinoki)

Off- rated speed

Darker 7p-2A (Seven Ply Hinoki)

I don't know that any of these feel like the old Butterfly Power Drives, but those are some of the best all wood blades that are not too heavy. If you had not said that, I would have added the Stiga Clipper because, for the money, there is no better all wood blade out there. But, it is usually over 90 grams. And Stiga makes there blades head heavy because they make hollow handles. And most people who like Butterfly blades do not like head heavy blades. The Stiga blades I listed are not really head heavy. Especially the Rosewood XO. If you put that blade into the hands of someone who likes Butterfly blades, they will like it's balance.