need help with new blade

This user has no status.
Hello everyone!
I am going to change my blade and rubbers and I'd like to ask for your help ( sorry for my bad english).
So, now i'm using:
timo boll ZLF
BH: tenergy 05fx
FH: tenergy 64
But this blade is too fast for me, i think. My forehand is good but i have 0 control on my backhand.
I can't make 3 top spins in a row.. ( i know it's mostly because of my skills, but I think, that a change for a slower blade&rubber would be helpful)
At forehand im playing well, im left handed, using this side all over the table because of the lack of control on backhand side.
I would like to have more control on my BH, im changing my blade anyways, so what would you suggest me to buy?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So far the blades mentioned are Off blades. Not bad blades but not really toning things down too much.

Perhaps what you want is:

Butterfly Primorac Off-

Stiga Allround Evolution

Stiga Tube Allround

These three blades are all about the same speed. They are all Off- even though the two Stiga blades get rated at All+ they are really more like Off-.

Which one should you get? Partly, it depends on money. The Butterfly blade is a little more expensive. The Stiga Blades are almost half the price. They are all equally good. The Primorac and the Allround Evolution have very similar amount of flex. The Tube Allround has more flex and is lighter.

But, people who like Butterfly blades might not like the Stiga blades because Stiga makes their blades head heavy. And people who like Stiga blades might not like the Primorac because butterfly makes a thinner handle that is solid and because Butterfly blades have a little less responsive ball feel.

If you use one of those blades, you could probably stay with the rubbers you are using. But, if you want to go with a non-tensor rubber==a pre-speed glue ban technology rubber--you could use Butterfly Sriver, Sriver FX or Joola Mambo. Those are good rubbers with a little less jumpiness.

A trick to get your backhand technique up to speed is this. Bounce the ball low on the table so it bounces about the hight of the net. If you can get it to bounce a little lower than the net it is good because then you have to spin the ball over the net to get it to land on the other side. Spin it with the backhand to get it over the net and to land on the other side. Do several buckets. I like to let the ball bounce twice before I hit it. It gives me a feel of the timing of the ball bouncing from the other side. If you do that, you will start improving your stroke with your backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
There is a strange thing because t05fx is quite easy to play with very good control. I would say it is a problem with you skills not a rubber or balde. The last post is most important you wrote. If you hit with the edge very often you have the same problem as I have :). You should try hit more forward. Maybe I will explain in polish because it seems we are both from same country:
po prostu grasz za bardzo do góry, co jest zrozumiałe przy ostrej kosie, ale jeśli piłka ma słabą rotację dolną lub jest bez rotacji a najgorzej jeśli ma górną, to po prostu trzeba grać mocno do przodu. Jeśli przytrafiają Ci się kanty tak jak mi, to znaczy że grasz za bardzo do góry. Wiem, że to łatwo powiedzieć, ale musisz sporo trenować pod okiem kogoś mądrego, kto Ci cały czas będzie zwracał na to uwagę, dopóki się nie nauczysz. Deskę oczywiście możesz zmienić na coś wolniejszego bardziej kontrolnego, z zakresu all+ off-. Ale to Ci niewiele pomoże.