Players you dislike

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Are there any players you dislike?and why?

personally,i don't like chen weixing because he has a bad temper and he claps ironically when his opponent has a lucky shot

the second one is christian suss...although he is a good player,he has an arrogant style in all his matches

610x.jpg

Photo by: GETTY IMAGES

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
bit of a negative thread - did you see Chen Weixing at The Albert Hall in 2009 ? he was a perfect gent , and quite amusing . I think the term " character " is appropriate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
bit of a negative thread - did you see Chen Weixing at The Albert Hall in 2009 ? he was a perfect gent , and quite amusing . I think the term " character " is appropriate.
chen weixing is ridiculous...i remember when he faked hitting the referee with his bat after a lost point

he also pulls his shorts in most of his matches

he has a bad temper and he gets angry very easily

i always root for his opponent because i want to see his reactions when he loses

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I really hope Chen continues to come to the the US Open because I will be going this year and I want to see this mans tirades :-D but yes even though Ma Lin is a fantastic player he takes way to much time in between points and I will have to pick him for osmeone I dislike in the TT world

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hmmm I agree that Chen Weixing has a horrible temper, but when he claps, at least from my perception, he isn't clapping ironically, he is just doing more to truly give an applause to the opponent.

But yeah, I also don't like mattenet, he gets so angry after each point he loses.

Maze is also pretty bad. He has a pretty bad temper, and lets it show, in that match against Xu Xin he throws his paddle at the table after he loses in deuce.

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I do not approve of Ma Lins attiitude as I have also been told by a player that knows him that he isn't that friendly of a person possibly on and off the table. Another person I dislike slightly is Zoran Primorac (although I'm sure a lot of people like him) he seems pretty weird if you watch his match at the 2008 Olympics against Maze, possibly arrogant. Having said that however, a lot of players believe that you need a certain amount of arrogance as it helps you in your matches, an example of this would be when Mohammed Ali first said that he was the best boxer in the world even though he said himself that at the time of saying it, it was not true as he was still quite young, however he did go on to eventually become the world's best boxer in history, but players just need to be aware that sometimes they can go over the top.

says Photino rocks xD
says Photino rocks xD
Nov 2010
i agree with chens bad temper. However, although i really respect Ma long and like his playing, i dislike his arrogance, like a few other chinese players whom do not look their opponent in the eye after winning/losing and walking away with a quick slap of the hand and the same contented look as if they havent won much. This isnt in all matches but ive already noticed it to be quite often now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
like a few other chinese players whom do not look their opponent in the eye after winning/losing and walking away with a quick slap of the hand and the same contented look as if they havent won much. This isnt in all matches but ive already noticed it to be quite often now.
the exact opposite is timo boll who always walks away with a smile in his face win or lose

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I do not dislike Shlager, but when he plays he looks to be always in bad mood, even when he wins !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Ma Lin- he never say sorry when he play in corner or ball touch the net , Walnder- he cheat Grubba, Primorać- He serve from hand :) :) :)

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
chen weixing is ridiculous and Walnder also. :|

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
i agree with chens bad temper. However, although i really respect Ma long and like his playing, i dislike his arrogance, like a few other chinese players whom do not look their opponent in the eye after winning/losing and walking away with a quick slap of the hand and the same contented look as if they havent won much. This isnt in all matches but ive already noticed it to be quite often now.

Hmm I actually really don't think that's arrogance. if you hear most of the Chinese players talk, they are like almost too shy. They train all day, all the time, for all their lives, so their social skills aren't that developed. So that's why I think they don't have good eye contact. Not because they are arrogant or anything. And part of being a professional, and they way they are trained not to dwell on each individual match, is why they may seem to have the same contented look as if they haven't won much. Though what you said seems kind of paradoxical, if they have a contented look, doesn't that mean they know they have won something and thus are content? It's part of Chinese culture to be really gracious and humble, so of course they are going crazy after each individual win in a match. They may let it show after winning the finals of a big tournament, but otherwise, the point is to be gracious, have a smile, but not look overly proud. Because if you do look overly proud, then it can be viewed by some as arrogant. So ultimately it seems like your perception of Chinese players is opposite of what I feel like it is, or what they are going for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010

Pls atomichaos stop with this prejudice ! in china it has a total different meaning to watch somebody directly in the eyes after the match ;)