Zhang Jike withdraws from 2013 WTTC

This user has no status.
After his loss against the young player of Chinese Taipei Zhang Jike had one decision. Table tennis from now? No. He will stop. He his bored of all criticism from the public and from LGL and decided to stop from no less than one year.

It is a sad news for table tennis and I hope he will be can back soon!!

The above statement was a April Fools joke guys! :) Zhang Jike will attend this years WTTC and he has not quit table tennis! :)

aprilfools2013.jpg

Photo by: Source: Feng Li/Getty Images Europe

Reactions: Steven
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
April Fool ?Hahah...

The news said Liu Guoliang was very unsatisfied and disappointed with the performance of Zhang Jike, he lost 2 games, Jike should be strict with himself...:(

I believe that it is okay to be strict as it makes you strive harder for success, but to the extent that it is unacceptable to lose a match is just over-the-top strict.
I think that Zjk has also lost his passion and 'drive' for tt after playing so much. It happens to A LOT of people, (including me) in all sports (and not only sport). Once he takes a break for a while, the motivation and desire to play again is restored.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
i don't understand why he stop playing , he don't needs to always be the best . next year CNT will have other super players in A team ( like Yan An ) so if he want's to win a WTTC he can do it this year not late . if he don't have enough motivation now i don't think he can't restore it with one year do not playing . even next year he will say"ok , i'm a grand slam champion so i don't need to play hard".

Last edited:
says [img]
says [img]
Dec 2010
I think the chinese tem are just fooling around. They are the absolutely the best nation in the world, and their players have to loose some matche against weaker players sometimes. Zhang Jike is kinda arrogant but he is also so good and proffesional that he would never stop playing right before a WTTC who he has great chane of winning. But it was a good joke though!