Who do you think will win the Korea Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour?

• Ma Long

Votes: 51 58.6%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Oh Sang Eun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryu Seung Min

• Yan An

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
2013 ITTF World Tour, Korea Open, Major Series 03 Apr 2013 - 07 Apr 2013, Incheon City, Korea Republic

With the World Team Classic coming to a halt yesterday, we now move onto the upcoming Korea Open which is the fifth World Tour of the year! The Korean Open Major Series is due to take place on Wednesday 3rd April in Incheon, and will conclude on Sunday 7th April, a tournament with a total prize fund of 'unknown as of yet'.

The Korea Open is similar to the previous World Tour (Qatar Open) however this time aronud the starting lineup is even stronger! The newly acclaimed Men's Singles World number 1 Ma Long will lead the Chinese National team which includes Xu Xin, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao, and Ma Lin. Japan's Jun Mizutani is seeded position 6, followed by host nations Oh Sang Eun and Ryu Seung Min. China's young gun Yan An takes the 9th spot followed by Korea's Lee Jung Woo completing the top 10 seeds. Full seeding below.

Total number of entries so far is: 202

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Men's Doubles

Women's Singles
Women's Doubles

Live matches from the Korean Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand!

China's Ma Long, the World #1 has entered the Korean Open as the #1 seed.

malongkorea2013.jpg

Ma Long the no.1 seed, photo by: skysports

Men's Singles Seeds

ryukorea2013.jpg

Ryu Seung Min enters the tournament as the #8 seed - Photo by: ButterflyOnline

1) Ma Long
2) Xu Xin
3) Zhang Jike
4) Wang Hao
5) Ma Lin
6) Jun Mizutani
7) Oh Sangeun
8) Ryu Seungmin
9) Yan An
10) Lee Jungwoo
11) Koki Niwa
12) Jian Zhan
13) Adrien Mattenet
14) Seiya Kishikawa
15) Taku Takakiwa
16) Chan Kazuhiro

For full Men's entries click here

Women Singles Seeds

fengtianwei2016tabletennis.jpg

Feng Tianwei enters the tournament as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

1) Feng Tianwei
2) Shen Yanfei
3) Kasumi Ishikawa
4) Ai Fukuhara
5) Jiang Huajun
6) Samara Elizabeta
7) Yana Tie
8) Yang Haeun
9) Hajung Seok
10) Yu Mengyu
11) Wu Jiaduo
12) Seo Hyowon
13) Jeon Jihee ^
14) Sayaka Hirano
15) Li Xue ^
16) Huang Yi-Hua

For full Women's entries click here

Men's Doubles

***Check out who the Chinese National Team Players have paired up with below***

1) Seo Hyundeok/Zhang Jike
2) Lee Jungwoo/Ma Long
3) Jung Youngsik/Wang Hao
4) Adrien Mattenet/Xu Xin
5) Yang Zi/Zhan Jian
6) Kenta Matsudaira/Koki Niwa
7) Chan Kazuhiro/Kenji Matsudaira
8) Cho Eonrae/Ma Lin

Women's Doubles

1) Cheng I-Ching/HUANG Yi-Hua
2) Fujii Hiroko/Misako Wakamiya
3) Jiang Huajun/Tie Yana
4) Feng Tianwei/Yu Mengyu
5) Lee Ho Ching/Ng Wing Nam
6) Park Youngsook/YANG Haeun
7) Jeon Jihee/Lee Eunhee
8) Solja Petrissa/Wu Jiaduo

Live matches from the Korean Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand!

This is the fifth World Tour series of the year! The line up is extremely strong! Who do you think will win? Will Ma Long maintain momentum from the recent Qatar Open? What do you think of Liu Guoliang's new doubles idea whereby the Chinese stars mix and match with other nation members? Can the young guns of China including Yan An pose a threat in the draw? Can the Japanese, Korean players make their way through the events? European players including Adrien Mattenet, Kirill Skachkov and Emmanuel Lebesson will all be looking to cause some upsets!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
For the banner:
Did you get the flag right?
I dont think South and North korea will combine to open a tournament, if I know them South Korea will be the only one hosting the competition.
North Koreans basically hardly have an idea of what the outside world is like, well its quite rare, this is due to the control over the country

The first time I saw it I thought it was just a North Korean Flag and I was laughing so hard, I thought it was an April fools joke.

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
For the banner:
Did you get the flag right?
I dont think South and North korea will combine to open a tournament, if I know them South Korea will be the only one hosting the competition.
North Koreans basically hardly have an idea of what the outside world is like, well its quite rare, this is due to the control over the country

The first time I saw it I thought it was just a North Korean Flag and I was laughing so hard, I thought it was an April fools joke.

Crikey! It's changed XIII! :)

Administrator
Oct 2010
Looking forward to watch the doubles! Great with mixed teams, maybe Koki/Kenta could make an upset!? :)

The Japanese seem to be very good at doubles! They defeated the Chinese team at the World Team Classic! Looking forward to them indeed!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The Japanese seem to be very good at doubles! They defeated the Chinese team at the World Team Classic! Looking forward to them indeed!

Exactly what I had in mind :) If JSH and Ma Long were pairing then I would have voted on them. It could be so mean to see the worlds best at defensive and offensive play together. :)