PDA

View Full Version : Table tennis shoes

Atomichaos
01-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey guys what brand of table tennis shoes if any do you prefer and why ?

billalphonso79!
01-19-2011, 09:59 AM
i had a pair of tibhar shoes which were good,soft

now,i don't care about the brand,i usually wear nike

Barrow TTC
01-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Mizuno are the best table tennis trainers I have had. Be careful though, as those on eBay tend to be fakes.

Dan
01-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Mizuno are the best table tennis trainers I have had. Be careful though, as those on eBay tend to be fakes.

Mizuno shoes are quite recent arnt they?

My best shoes are the butterfly energyforce 3 ones :)

Barrow TTC
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Mizuno shoes are quite recent arnt they?

Don't think so. Huge in Asia. I've got the Mizuno Wave Medal.

I bought another 2 pairs last week on eBay from a UK based seller. They were fake. I've managed to get my money back. I took some photos and will be putting them online so other people don't get scammed.

Dan
01-19-2011, 12:58 PM

I bought another 2 pairs last week on eBay from a UK based seller. They were fake. I've managed to get my money back. I took some photos and will be putting them online so other people don't get scammed.

Wow that sucks! good you got your money back tho! Yeah ive heard good ratings on these shows

scylla24
01-19-2011, 06:02 PM

Ironically, those fakes are probably the same quality or close to it as the real ones in most cases. The reason is because companies like Mizuno go into countries like China, find a company that can produce cheaply their clothes and shoes. Well those companies that make the fakes, do basically the same thing. They sometimes even use the exact same factory, or if not, some factory that is exactly the same, they use the same materials, same design, but just appeal to a different portion of the population, those who want the stuff, but aren't willing to pay the brand price that Mizuno charges for them.

char987
01-19-2011, 08:34 PM
mizuno definetly a Chinese guy at the club gets me my shoes because he goes china every 2 months

zookato
01-20-2011, 12:18 PM
yeah, i had Mizuno, it's swift and make me firm on the floor.

Barrow TTC
01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Ironically, those fakes are probably the same quality or close to it as the real ones in most cases. The reason is because companies like Mizuno go into countries like China, find a company that can produce cheaply their clothes and shoes. Well those companies that make the fakes, do basically the same thing. They sometimes even use the exact same factory, or if not, some factory that is exactly the same, they use the same materials, same design, but just appeal to a different portion of the population, those who want the stuff, but aren't willing to pay the brand price that Mizuno charges for them.

The quality of these trainers were far from the quality of the genuine item. You could visibly see the quality of the materials used and finish was far from equal. Also, the detailing was sub-par and looked cheap.

I bought them from eBay of a Chinese guy based in the UK. He claimed there are two versions, a Japanese version and a Chinese version. Having bought originals (which were made in China), this simply didn't wash. I'm going to publish the photos as soon as I get chance.

Justchill
01-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Mizuno Wave Drive 4. Bought them from a Chinese website, but I think they are fake. However I will wear them out now..

Chopper
01-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Ivesy you can't beat the retro butterfly ones we got from the mighty Satch years ago

Dan
01-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Ivesy you can't beat the retro butterfly ones we got from the mighty Satch years ago

Chopper what an amazing post from you! Thats so true!!! Forgot all about them, those were amazing, only cost 10 pound, light and fast. I would use them over any.

Chopper
01-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Chopper what an amazing post from you! Thats so true!!! Forgot all about them, those were amazing, only cost 10 pound, light and fast. I would use them over any.

I still have mine.wore them last wednesday on my return to the table

Dan
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
I still have mine.wore them last wednesday on my return to the table

Haha your the best, how the session go? how is the knee??

Chopper
01-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Really tiring lol but not too bad.knee seemed to hold up ok.

Dan
01-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Really tiring lol but not too bad.knee seemed to hold up ok.

Thats nice dude!

I remember our incredible rallies!! with your backhand punch.... Chopper!! definitely the most talented chopper in the Bristol! :D

Chopper
01-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Haha they were incredible times

Dan
01-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Haha they were incredible times

Yeh! what ya think of the site?

Chopper
01-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Looking really good mate

Dan
01-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Looking really good mate

Good dude, props sessions soon! You going English Open btw?

Chopper
01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Nah can't make it to English open.ok get back to bristol sometime

jamesmeyers1992
01-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Guys, you can get real Mizuno Wave Medal from Newitts....OFFICIALLY REAL!

Atomichaos
01-21-2011, 11:58 PM
I find the butterfly shoes really expensive!! >.< cant afford a pair T_T haha. i stick with cheap yonex badminton shoes, which are quite good for tt as well

unagidon
01-22-2011, 05:23 AM
i love mizuno shoes

leankints
01-22-2011, 10:28 AM
mizuno shoes are amazing. hahaha. the support is crazy and it lets you move a lot quicker for some reason. it's also really light. oh yeah, a plus is they have cool designs. hahahahaha. i used to use a nike gum soled shoe, but i couldn't move well and it didn't support my ankles what so ever. so MIZUNO!!!!

romioshiny
02-05-2011, 04:26 AM
I just bought a pair of Yasaka Gatien De Luxe Table Tennis Shoes. They were comfortable from the outset and it gave a good grip on the floor. I like it so much.

RIPPER
02-19-2011, 01:39 AM
pretty sure this is the same with NIKE and Adididas, poor people in sweat shops make them cheaply getting paid 2 cents per DAY!

RIPPER
02-19-2011, 01:55 AM
I've heard that these Banda shoes are really good, u can buy them from dandoysports.com real cheap too, Banda used to sponsor Waldner before they merged with Donic.

TTOski
02-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I think the energyforce shoes from butterfly are the best shoes, and I'm getting them cheaper because my club...

unagidon
03-24-2011, 05:48 PM
have anyone tried mizuno wave kaiserburg shoes before? according to mizuno.jp web site, both wave drive 5 and wave kaiserburg are light weight and speed. i found wave drive 5 is about $95usd(in iruiru.com (http://www.iruiru.com/goods_page.php?ct=N&mk=P&pg=1#NP031)) and wave kaiserburg is only $49usd(in ttnpp.com (http://ttnpp.com/shop/mizuno-wave-kaiserburg-18km03009-shoe-p-469.html)).

http://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/product/shoes.html

i need some help here.

kaikaz
03-24-2011, 06:00 PM
mizuno is the best so far for me

Justchill
03-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Be carefull, there are a lot of fake Mizuno's in China, don't buy them there. I would buy my shoes in a local store..

cheers

Tom
03-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Butterfly energyforce 3 :)

RobinTT91
03-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Butterfly energyforce 3 :)

So true :) Best shoes, I ever had.

markog99
03-26-2011, 11:31 AM
you two seem to be good friends :D i use donic shoes,but they are broke on the sides.but they do there purpose

BUTTERFLY11
04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah i bought my mizunos from newitts, but now i need a new pair and newitts don't sell them anymore :(

jannypan
04-13-2011, 05:40 AM
i don't care about the brand,i usually wear nike

jyechen
04-13-2011, 05:42 AM
I'm quite surprised Mizunos aren't on the poll itself. XD Everyone's voting other! Probably rooting for those Mizunos.

YosuaYosan
04-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Bare feet is the best !!
Its the most lightweight :P
I havent use TT-specific shoes yet :D

poltery
04-23-2011, 08:08 AM
guys i bought a new shoe its called stiga focus . It has the (non marking and suction technology). I was thinking why does the shoe sole have these beehive formation and foam undercovering ? :)

KevinTT
04-23-2011, 11:33 AM
I have the Butterfly Energyfoce, i personally love this shoe!

Matt Hetherington
04-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I've always worn butterfly shoes they seem ok, maybe I should try something new? I don't know go with the status quo works fine for me :P

azlan
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I have always been using yonex since I play badminton as well..its nice to have one pair of shoe that fits both games

Matt Hetherington
05-04-2011, 12:39 AM
the joola court shoe isn't bad its a more built up shoe very comfortable! :)

Tek101
05-04-2011, 01:15 AM
I use Adidas Sala. lightweight comfortable nice tackiness........ alll around great shoe :-) I have always been keen to indoor soccer shoes.

jannypana
06-02-2011, 07:09 AM
now,i don't care about the brand,i usually wear nike

WiWa
06-02-2011, 08:53 AM
To be honest I never paid too much attention, I just didn't want to pay too much for shoes. I might get Mizuno's next, seems they are really good :O

CJ
06-04-2011, 05:00 PM
I have mizuno wave medal in my opinion they are definately as good as energy force 3 they have loads of grip and support even zhang zike used them in the wttc 11 only problem is they are hard to get hold of in the UK but if you can find a pair then i would definitely recommend them to anyone

dici
06-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know where to get the mizuno shoes through online retailer? It seems like there is no any online retailer in US that selling the mizuno's shoe for either TT or badminton at all.

Anders
06-12-2011, 03:33 PM
I like Stiga Master shoes, they have nice grip and are very light on the foot :)

YosuaYosan
06-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Wait..Yonex is a badminton brand right ?Still love the tackiness anyway :D

jamesmeyers1992
06-12-2011, 11:15 PM
I don't mind really but it is very important for the players find it comfortable to wearing right shoes for table tennis.

azlan
06-14-2011, 06:24 PM
There are several on line retailers for mizuno. Here are some of them :

http://www.eggcatcher.com/catalog/product/view/id/8651/s/mizuno-wave-delight-table-tennis-shoe/?source=googleps
www.tabletennisworld.com.au/mizuno-wave-flick-shoe-p-741.html

MrRothhaendle
07-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I prefer the Tibhar Contact De Luxe

They are really comfort and have a good price
http://www.spinfactory.de/shop/images/tibhar_schuh_contact_deluxe.gif

sedwardsswift
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM
NIKE or Adidas shoes are best for table tennis shoe.

rahul
09-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I would stick to yonex because lots of badminton players use that and the flooring are also same for table tennis and badminton

Michal_Z
09-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Well I use asics for some years, because when I bought them, there were no shops for table tennis equipment in my city..
And I still use them, but I am thinking, when I will have money for it .. to buy new shoes..
But not sure what to buy.. Here I read mizuno are great and also energyforces from butterfly..
But I guess butterfly will be really expensive, hehe..

Der_Echte
09-13-2011, 04:21 PM

Haha, that is exactly what happened here in Korea during the 80s, especially with Nike. They had factories here to make the shoes for the authorized stores and many of the bootleg shoes were from the same places. Was cool to be able to get a great shoe for $10 USD back then. It was all good until the government got real serious cracking down (like raiding stores and interrogating old men and women with 4 inch thick wood poles!) Those stores were becoming very risky business ventures by the start of the 1988 Olympics.

I can fit into a wide range of TT branded shoes. I usually go for value, so my current 30,000 Won Stiga Challenger shoes are the bomb at under $28 USD.

Der_Echte
09-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Oh yeah, wearing original Mizuno shoes here in Korea are almost the equililant of driving a large BMW for your TT status.

Der_Echte
09-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I would stick to yonex because lots of badminton players use that and the flooring are also same for table tennis and badminton

You have an excellent point. Badmitton and volleyball shoes work outstanding for TT. However, if you are anywhere near related to Bigfoot, you can forget about Yonex shoes. Maybe another thread is required to explain the legend of Bigfoot.

Michal_Z
09-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Well I found this about Mizuno ;)

Fake Mizuno wave medal trainers (http://www.barrowtabletennisclub.co.uk/fake-mizuno-wave-medal-trainers)

Michal_Z
09-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Oki, so my friend, best player I have ever played, said, he uses mizuno shoes ;)

moriguchi2
09-14-2011, 02:15 AM
The butterfly energy force 3 are good but way too expensive and they dont have my size :( the mizuno waze medal are just as good and lost less and have in my size :D

Team Tackyfire
11-18-2011, 06:38 AM
ive always found butterfly shoes and good quaility but a little on the pricey side but i suppose you get what you pay for

rhonis
11-18-2011, 09:33 AM
The shoes i have are the nike mercurial. They are no table tennis shoes, but they are amazing. The shoe is very thin so you the contact with the ground is perfect and you have lots of grip. The only bad thing about it is my footwork suck, but that can also not be the fault of the shoes :p.

http://www.nikemercurialsafari.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/i/nike_mercurial_vapor_superfly_ii_tf_men_soccer_50.jpg

Ow and yes i have them in this colour, makes an impression on the opponent. Mostly bad :) they want to beat you because you are a superstar.

azlan
11-18-2011, 10:39 AM
And Rhonis, you forgot to add this. Six months after the tournament, after they beat you...they won't remember your name or how you looked like or how you played...BUT THEY WILL CERTAINLY REMEMBER THAT FUNKY SHOES!!! hahaha Just kidding mate. Honestly, it does look nice. I use yonex myself.

rhonis
11-18-2011, 11:12 AM
And Rhonis, you forgot to add this. Six months after the tournament, after they beat you...they won't remember your name or how you looked like or how you played...BUT THEY WILL CERTAINLY REMEMBER THAT FUNKY SHOES!!! hahaha Just kidding mate. Honestly, it does look nice. I use yonex myself.
Haha, you are right. Mostly i get good comments before the game and they all say good shoes, nice, you are the superstar. Then i tell them i switched my play to short pimples and then they don't like me anymore :). I'm very bad at reconizing players by the face, but when i see somebodies playing style i think ah yes that guy. The last tournament i played a guy walked passed me when i was ordering a 'kroket-sandwich' (dutch: broodje kroket) he said: 'There is that guy with the shoes, not only his shoes look frightfull his playingstyle is frightfull too'. So i had to play him in the poulefase (4 in 1 poule) and beat him 3-0 :p.

azlan
11-18-2011, 11:48 AM
hahahahaha NIce one buddy!!!

Der_Echte
11-18-2011, 02:14 PM

Korea was exactly like this in the 80's. Back then, I could go to any of the shoe stores outside the Army camps and get just about any Nike shoe for $5-$10 USD, while the authorized ones were $50-$150. Even with high volume sales, it was hard for the mom&pop owners to make it big. Just not enough profit. They just got by enough to feed their family, which often lived inside a puny 3x3 meter room in the back part of the store they leased and went to bath house to wash up. Then, the govt cracked down REAL hard leading up to '88 Olympics and that was that.

Often, the same factory that produced the legal shoes made the fakes, and the factory was in Korea. Also a lot of factories in the boondocks north of Seoul making anything you name.

That was also the era where you could walk off with 5 custom made taylored business suits for a couple hundred USD.

Anders
11-18-2011, 05:40 PM
STIGA Pro Deluxe, amazing tt-shoes!

Mr. RicharD
11-18-2011, 07:21 PM
The Stiga Wasp were awesome, but I think they got discontinued. I tried the Killerspin shoes, but didn't like them cuz I have wider feet. The Butterfly's I've had for a long time now rock. Although I haven't tried other brands than those two. I play in Running shoes atm as I blew out the Butterfly's, but I'll most likely buy another pair of BTY soon.

UpSideDownCarl
11-18-2011, 07:56 PM
I have a pair of Butterfly Sneakers but I do not think they are good ones. The sole of the sneaker does not grip the ground well. I am used to them and they work, and since they were a gift I will keep using them, but, this thread has made me want to try Mizuno Table Tennis Sneakers. I would probably get more power with something that gripped the ground better. Although I think my knees like the shoes that don't. :)

azlan
11-19-2011, 06:50 AM
I have a pair of Butterfly Sneakers but I do not think they are good ones. The sole of the sneaker does not grip the ground well. I am used to them and they work, and since they were a gift I will keep using them, but, this thread has made me want to try Mizuno Table Tennis Sneakers. I would probably get more power with something that gripped the ground better. Although I think my knees like the shoes that don't. :)

hahahha I know what you mean buddy. I don't think my knees would be able to take the punishment of abrupt twists and turns any more...we are no Kreanga or JM Saive.

waldner4ever
11-28-2011, 07:44 AM
For me i go through shoes really fast before they rip or the sole to detach, 2 or 3 month in general when i get table tennis shoes...tried some Li ning, joola, stiga wasp, tibhar rookie, yasaka, even had one pair of blue table tennis shoes Hiqua i think the brand was and busted them after 2 days of tournament!!!
Finally decided to get more robust and solid shoes and got myself the Nike air gato, originally designed for indoors soccer but as i suspected, these lasted much longer, over one year now and still have play in them although they are now at their end of life:) they are slightly higher than regular TT shoes, but light and extremely comfortable!

Planning on trying some mizuno and see what the buzz is all about since i can't find these anymore...

Giangt
04-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Playing in Mizuno Drive 4 now and I love them! Played in Yasaka Ma Lin shoes they didn't have much absorption but and I think they wear out really fast. But besides that they are light and flexie...

daxx101
04-25-2012, 11:15 AM
where can i get mizuno drive 4 shoes in the uk?and how much?

Tadex
04-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Anyone know where you can get a pair of the gold Mizuno shoes Wang Hao were wearing not long ago?

judah000
04-25-2012, 12:17 PM
mizunos are the best. though I have not tried one of them yet. :p

Giangt
04-25-2012, 12:52 PM
where can i get mizuno drive 4 shoes in the uk?and how much?

what size do you use?

daxx101
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
what size do you use?

9 1/2 uk size

PingPonger
05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Does Anyone used Stiga Challenger Shoes? It looks good. :D

judah000
05-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I voted for butterfly, but i still prefer mizuno :D

JustAlt
05-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I voted for butterfly, but i still prefer mizuno :D

So the point was...?

rahuls
05-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I use donic and I guess a lot of ppl do.. no?

yogi_bear
05-02-2012, 02:50 PM
aDIDAS adizero shoes hehehe http://www.tabletennis-sport.com/products/adizero/adizero-tt/

judah000
05-03-2012, 09:20 AM
So the point was...?

Sorry bro, but i can't explain my point properly in words but it is all in my mind.

I is like I know butterfly as one of the most high quality products but the look and the its features is more attractive for me.

barca
05-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Any brand new shoes in the market now???