Piing of Power Newspaper Article

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Students of Perg (our home-city) inspire through “Piing of Power” table tennis world!

PERG. Christian Ortner and Joachim Davy brought the project “Piing of Power” to life in December. The students produce table-tennis-videos and provide them to their fan community. Meanwhile even top-players are aware of the Duo.

Written by Michaela Primessnig

524783_4071621207560_1233354742_n.jpg

Christian Ortner is 21 years old and studies International Economy in Vienna. Joachim Davy is 20 years old and after his studies (Digital Film & Animation) he wants to be a filmmaker. Both have something in common. They play table tennis and are interested into everything that has to do with their hobby.

Win at Video-Contest
In December they decided to make a movie for a video-contest hosted by the famous, in Germany located, company “Butterfly”. And behold! The students won the first place. Since then they produce under the name “Piing of Power” movie-clips for their fans on Facebook and for everybody who likes table tennis.

In the meantime they have more than 1500 “Likes” on Facebook and over 1200 Subscribers on Youtube. Even the ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) caught their eye on the creative duo and posted their videos. And even more: They were ordered to produce the official trailer for the world table tennis championships 2013 in Paris! This way the Duo got accreditation and access to the big tournaments and championships. “We did not think that they would take us seriously. But now we even were allowed to be at the Austrian Open and filmed with the big Top-Stars of the world”, says Ortner excited.

The filmmakers contacted other table tennis-related companys if they are interested about promotional spots. They are under discussion.
Table tennis is a sector on which there is not much till now”, explains Davy, who is responsible for the cinematic realization. “Our strength is that we do something unique”.

534938_4071619327513_120193534_n.jpg

Christian Ortner and Joachim Davy live their hobby out in videos

The one to four minutes long videos are cost and time-intensive. “Through my studies I have access to a lot of equipment. But it’s also a good way to try new stuff”, says Davy. On the contrary Christian Ortner takes care that the videos are present on the internet and can be found from the potential target groups. “Facebook and Youtube is prohibited in China, but since China is a big table tennis market I registered now on the Chinese equivalents to reach more people.

You can see the joy on the faces of the two students: “We try to promote in an artistic-creative way through our videos our beautiful but much underestimated fringe sport table tennis!

Up to now they did not earn any money for their work. “We are extremely happy to even have the chance to film our videos.” They would love to produce the official trailer for the European table tennis championships which are held at the WSA in Schwechat near to Vienna – this time maybe a paid one? Regardless, this doesn’t matter for the 2 table tennis freaks.

483550_4071619047506_679611150_n.jpg

Filming day in the green box for one of their videos

Thank you all for your support!!

Reactions: YosuaYosan and WiWa
This user has no status.
Hey Jungs, tolle Sache die ihr da auf die Beine gestellt habt! Ihr seid quasi die Pioniere auf dem Gebiet (die das ganze professionell macht).

Ich freue mich, dass ihr Tischtennis einer breiteren Öffentlichkeit unterhaltsam präsentiert. Ich wünsche euch weiterhin alles Gute!

Jetzt kann ich sogar behaupten richtige Insider zu kennen (zumindest aus diesem Forum, wenn man das kennen nennen mag) und das auch noch von den Anfängen des Piing of Power Projekts ;)

And now a brief summary for those, who can't speak german (those people exist?):

- nice stuff your doing there
- you're like pioneers in this area (first professionals)
- I'm delighted to see your abilities to present TT in a very attractive way to a wider bandwidth of people (does this sentence make sense?)
- I wish you best of luck
- now i can say, that I know TT insiders and that I've known them from the very beginning of their project

Reactions: T!Christian
Dec 2012
Hallo Blau :p

Vielen, vielen Dank, dein Kommentar ehrt uns! Ich freue mich wirklich darüber.
Wir sind zwar (noch ? :p ) keine großen Stars, aber jetzt verstehe ich wirklich wie sich die Leute fühlen und wie dankbar man für jedes nette Wort ist!

Du darfst mich auch gern auf Facebook adden wenn du möchtest ;) Dann kannst du irgendwann damit angeben :p

Hey Jungs, tolle Sache die ihr da auf die Beine gestellt habt! Ihr seid quasi die Pioniere auf dem Gebiet (die das ganze professionell macht).

Ich freue mich, dass ihr Tischtennis einer breiteren Öffentlichkeit unterhaltsam präsentiert. Ich wünsche euch weiterhin alles Gute!

Jetzt kann ich sogar behaupten richtige Insider zu kennen (zumindest aus diesem Forum, wenn man das kennen nennen mag) und das auch noch von den Anfängen des Piing of Power Projekts ;)

And now a brief summary for those, who can't speak german (those people exist?):

- nice stuff your doing there
- you're like pioneers in this area (first professionals)
- I'm delighted to see your abilities to present TT in a very attractive way to a wider bandwidth of people (does this sentence make sense?)
- I wish you best of luck
- now i can say, that I know TT insiders and that I've known them from the very beginning of their project

Dec 2012
Thank you very much!
As i replied to Blue in german before, it is such a huge and good feeling to get compliments on the work you spend so much money and time.
We really enjoy "Piing of Power" and are so proud of all your feedback!

Now i understand the "bigger" youtube-stars etc. who always thank their subscribers. It really is an awesome feeling!

It is something like that:
we post something on facebook and immediately if somebody comments on it, we tell the other about it :D and we always look how many likes we get on posts etc.
This surely changed my point of view to many things :)

So thanks Davott for supporting us from the beginning :)

We thought about it, and we have some ideas.
Just as in the article, we would love to get paid for certain trailers or even be a partner for the ITTF on a regular basis. I already contacted some companys and will do so more after the release of the official trailer (Monday :p )
And we will probably do a lot of work in Germany for clubs but we will see

In the end "we are happy to even have the chance to produce our videos" :)

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Wow awesome guys! It's great to see everyone sharing and liking your creative productions! They very unique and I cannot wait to see what else you guys have in store for us! Keep up with the tremendous work!