Who's The Best Player To You?

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010

Hello everyone, i just wanna know everyone here Who's The Best Player To Him?

The reason of this topic is we want to know the best player will take a good rate.
i'll not create a poll coz every user here able choice his player, at the end i'll make the result here.

ttdi.jpg

Rules :

- What is the reason?
- You can remind just a 5 player only.
- If you can upload a best image of him, that will be okay.

Go On guys ^_^ :) :)

Oct 2010
Yeah Ma Long is My best player every ;)

malonggiacca.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Ma Long is the best player in my opinion too.
He has an incredible forehand, but this is only possible due to his exceptional footwork. Ma Long is the player you are least likely to see off balance or playing a cramped forehand when played to his elbow. This allows him to take the ball well in front of his body and really put his weight into the ball, pressuring the opponent more than most players do.

However, to be able to pick out the right balls for playing such forehands, he also needs a very solid backhand for when his feet aren't fast enough. I think Ma Long's backhand is underrated. This separates him from other players with great footwork like RSM, but who will run around their backhand even on impossible balls. I feel Xu Xin (althoug being very spectacular and having an awesome touch) might suffer from this. Example being his recent defeat to Wang Liqin, who put tremendous amounts of pressure on his backhand in the later sets.

I do hope Ma Long will win the upcoming WTTC, and that he will not lack consistency or fitness due to his recent injuries.

The player coming in second, with respect to being most balanced, I find Zhang Jike. Perhaps also a serious candidate for the WTTC. His backhand is also very solid, allowing him to pick the right balls to play a crushing forehand.

The next players in line with respect to footwork would be the rest of the Chinese. The European players come in last, with many players (such as our pride timo) playing cramped forehands very often, which I just don't enjoy looking at.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
wang hao hes technique is perfect and hes hip rotation is amazing this allows him to move much less and alough he doesn't have the power of ma long he has better positioning of the ball that id rather have personally

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
wang hao hes technique is perfect and hes hip rotation is amazing this allows him to move much less and alough he doesn't have the power of ma long he has better positioning of the ball that id rather have personally

actually I would say Wang Hao has a lot more power than Ma Long. It seems hard to imagine, since Ma Long is so aggressive and his style is so good, but of the three main areas of table tennis, speed, spin, and power, I would probably say that his power is the least impressive of the three. His speed and spin are so good that it gives the impression of power, but its not really the same as actual power, which players like Wang Liqin have in abundance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
actually I would say Wang Hao has a lot more power than Ma Long. It seems hard to imagine, since Ma Long is so aggressive and his style is so good, but of the three main areas of table tennis, speed, spin, and power, I would probably say that his power is the least impressive of the three. His speed and spin are so good that it gives the impression of power, but its not really the same as actual power, which players like Wang Liqin have in abundance.
Maybe my English isn't good enough, but what is the difference between speed and power?

By speed, do you mean speed of movement, or speed of the ball? If it is the latter, I don't really know the difference with power (except that power may involve a combination of lots of spin and lots of speed?)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Maybe my English isn't good enough, but what is the difference between speed and power?

By speed, do you mean speed of movement, or speed of the ball? If it is the latter, I don't really know the difference with power (except that power may involve a combination of lots of spin and lots of speed?)?

From my understanding, when the Chinese coaches use the word speed, I think they are mostly talking about how quickly after the bounce you hit the ball, like Chinese players in general hit the ball earlier than European players, giving the opponent less time to react. Spin is pretty self explanatory, just how much spin you get on the ball through your loops and whatnot, and then power is just how much force you put behind your shots. They are all closely related, but for the most part, spin and power tend to have a more inverse relationship. The more spin you have, the less power. Because when your shots add a lot of spin, its because you are only grazing the ball with your paddle, whereas if your shots have a lot of power, you are hitting the ball more flat on.

Ma Lin has been described as having the most spin of any player in history by the Chinese coaches, while Wang Liqin, has probably the most powerful shots of any Chinese player in history, and that's probably why I love watching the two play against each other, because they really represent the two opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of play style. It's one of the main reasons China was so dominate in the past decade, because even when an non-Chinese player had an advantage against one style of play, they then had to beat another Chinese player with the exact opposite style, which increased the chance that in the end one of the Chinese players won the final.

Oct 2010
From my understanding, when the Chinese coaches use the word speed, I think they are mostly talking about how quickly after the bounce you hit the ball, like Chinese players in general hit the ball earlier than European players, giving the opponent less time to react. Spin is pretty self explanatory, just how much spin you get on the ball through your loops and whatnot, and then power is just how much force you put behind your shots. They are all closely related, but for the most part, spin and power tend to have a more inverse relationship. The more spin you have, the less power. Because when your shots add a lot of spin, its because you are only grazing the ball with your paddle, whereas if your shots have a lot of power, you are hitting the ball more flat on.

Ma Lin has been described as having the most spin of any player in history by the Chinese coaches, while Wang Liqin, has probably the most powerful shots of any Chinese player in history, and that's probably why I love watching the two play against each other, because they really represent the two opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of play style. It's one of the main reasons China was so dominate in the past decade, because even when an non-Chinese player had an advantage against one style of play, they then had to beat another Chinese player with the exact opposite style, which increased the chance that in the end one of the Chinese players won the final.

right ... you speech good about those players.
but i think the speed the most important thing of Table Tennis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I will ALWAYS admire Jan Ove. However, I still love Timo Boll :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
The best player to me right now is definitely Ma Long. ;)

His game is engineered to get the most power out of every stroke, and I really like how he uses his body when playing. His game looks very smooth!

Oct 2010
also Timo Boll have a piece of cake :) ... he is good too