This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
peterpan_L.jpg

peterpan.jpg

The Peterpan

5 ply wood, burning in the middle.

1. Structure
This blade is using natural Limba wood for the surface.
I did not take thermo- process for the surface wood.
But I burned the other two sencond layers and the center wood.
Burnt two inside layers make the blade faster than other normal blades, not making is heavier.
And they can make the feeling more vivid.
But the blade does not vibrate much.

Raw Limba used for the surface gives feeling to embrace the ball as a face, not as a point.
It makes the touch of the ball deepter together with the second layer's touch,
which is ayous, and that makes the feeling as a point, supported by the depth.

2. Depth
Nexy has been always focusing on this item.
I don't design a blade without checking the depth of the touch.

This blade has a feeling of the touch deeper than most other blades.
But I did not make it very deep as I did with Lissom.
If I say the touch of the Lissom stays in 30% of the total thickness, then I would say that Peterpan has 20% depth.

This a little big loosened concept of depth makes the blade more generally acceptable.
Not very different from other blades.
But still unique and intentionally reorganized in the concept of depth.

3. Variable resilience
I think this is opt expression for the Nexy's second wave.
I always tried to maxmise the variability of resilience for the second wave blades,
such as Lissom, Spear, Amazon, Spartacus, Calix, CalixII and Qabod.
Now this feature remains with the third wave blades.
But with third wave, I don't try to maxmise it.
Rather I want to make it harmonised with all other characters.
So, this blade does not bounce of the ball when you use it for blocking.
But it has good power when you try to attack with power.

4. Speed and spin
Burnt center wood gives bigger power.
And the burnt second layer gives good spin.
Nexy tested this spin generation function with the "AYOUS" second layer with the second wave blades enough, and the result was dedicated for this blade, too.
But the spin and speed were modulated in the hamonised mixture,
so, the staying moment designed by the blade structure resunlts in good speed and spin together.
This blade does not show the oposite character of speed and spin.
Normally, when a blade has good speed, it does not make good spin, and the the opposite way is also true.
But with this blade, you can see both functions are eqaully updated, compared with other 5-ply blades.

In the conclusion, this is well balanced, and upgraded 5-ply wooden blades.
And I think this will show what other brands thought there could be no more, no better.
I wish you could be satisfied with this blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: YosuaYosan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
My own impression

Who am I to contradict the master? However, I have been testing Peterpan for some time now, and I'd say that, speed-wise, it's rather Off- on the Butterfly scale. It's rather stiff for a 5-ply wooden blade, so on this respect can be classified as Off (meaning suitable for offensive play), however when considering control and speed in the slow game, too, I'd rather say it's Off-.
Speed of Peterpan is comparable to a similar-weighted Nittaku Acoustic, which Nittaku classifies as Offensive (actually, Nittaku only has 2 categories: Offensive and Defensive). However, not everybody agrees on the classification of Acoustic (most say OFF-, some OFF, fewer ALL+) or Violin (some say ALL+, some OFF-), and even Nittaku has stated both that Acoustic is faster than Violin and the opposite.
Bottom line: it's difficult to say, really. I plan to compare Peterpan to Acoustic and Violin, but I need to do some other tests before that. From what I remember from my past days with Violin and Acoustic, I'd say the feel and balance of Peterpan is similar to Violin, although it is stiffer (maybe more similar to Acoustic or even stiffer).

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I met Kim Jeung Hoon, WR 80ish Korean Pro at Nexy HQ this week. I listened in on his talk with Nexy president about building him a new blade with his name and design. The specs he said he wanted are kinda similar to the Peter Pan and weight a little heavier. Interesting talk. The pros do not seem to know how what property affects what, but they can certainly feel it right away if it is right or not.Kim Jeung Hoon.jpg