Some rubber advise please! Upgrade on the way for me

This user has no status.
I am using a TSP Black Balsa 5 blade which I have 99.9% decided to stick with. I have been using Bluefire M3 max on my forehand which I really like, and Kokutaku 868 Japan 1.5mm on my backhand.

I am definitely changing my backhand rubber for something with a bit more bite. I like the fairly soft sponge of the one I have but I need something faster that will help me to set up points off my backhand better. I have had a hit with a few things at my club and taken some advise and my favourite rubber so far is the Joola X-Plode sensitive which I am considering in 1.8mm. But I am a little concerned about how much faster it is than what I have now. I have thought about using an M3 1.8mm on my backhand but havent been able to try that rubber out. Can anyone comment on this choice and also does anyone know which of these two rubbers will be softer?

Many thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Well, the best rubber for my backhand has always been Plasma 430. It's very soft with plenty of rotation and enough speed (for me of course). An another thing is, Plasma may give you a lot of control, which may be good for backhand in general. :)