• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Werner Schlager

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Schlager is hardly in the group of top players any more, he'll do alright but won't win. Samsonov has never been quite good enough to beat multiple chinese players in the same tournament so it could only be a miracle that allows him to win.

The winner will almost certainly be chinese but could easily be: Wang Hao, Wang Liqin, Ma Lin, Yan An, Chen Qi or Fang Bo as well as the ones you listed.

My vote, however, goes to Xu Xin.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Ma Long showed a very good performance in last months and ZJK is playing awful since OG . Xu Xin also played good but i don't think he will become world champion because he don't have the enough expirience . for Yan An i think he can't even reach the semi-finals
because he is not top player at all , he was on top form for a couple of weeks.
i think Ma Long Will win this but i vote for ZJK because i'm a ZJK fan:D
and why Yan An , Dimitrij Ovtcharov , Ma lin and Jun Mizutani aren't in that poll???

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
well my idea was to put best seeded players (top 3) and on the other side the inteligent older players who can make a surprise.
I am a fan of Jun Mizutani, but he never won with chinese player, he always qualifies to quaterfinals and then loose with ma long, xu xin, zhang jike or timo boll
The same situation is with ovtvharov and wang hao.
Yan An is in a good shape but his last match with Xu Xin showed that he needs more time for practise and more experience.
Now Samsonov last month beat Zhang Jike, of course Jike is not playing well last time, but anyway I think Samsonov might have an occasion.
Schlager is not top player now, but I read somewhere that now his putting all effort for Paris. It is like last performance for him, so he will be highly motivated. The other think is he is a typical big tournament player, ten years ago nobody bet on him also. I know that he is quite old, but in 2004 in Olympics 44year old Waldner showed waht the old inteligent player can do.