PDA

View Full Version : World Table Tennis Championships 2013

Pages : [1] 2

TableTennisDaily
04-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Official TTD Discussion: Liebherr 2013 World Table Tennis Championships, 13 May 2013 - 20 May 2013, Paris, France

Total number of team entries is: 845

Click our Media Library (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/media.php?do=category&cid=146) which contains all the matches from the WTTC 2013

We are now in the lead up to the 2013 World Table Tennis Championships! It's now time for all the best players in the world to come together and make an impact on the global scene. The forthcoming Liebherr World Championships will be staged in Paris from Monday 13th to Monday 20th May 2013.

Live matches from the World Table Tennis Championships 2013 can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php) which has playback on demand!

Wow! What a year 2013 has been so far with the recent World Team Classic and various World Tour events. The next major tournament in store for the table tennis World is the World Table Tennis Championships! China's reigning World and Olympic Champion Zhang Jike has qualified alongside his fellow compatriots including Ma Long, Xu Xin, Wang Hao, Ma Lin, Yan An and Fan Zhendong.

Main Draw - Men's Singles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=128&s_Event_Type=MS) - Women's Singles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=128&s_Event_Type=WS) - Men's Doubles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=64&s_Event_Type=MD) - Women's Doubles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=64&s_Event_Type=WD) - Mixed Doubles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=128&s_Event_Type=XD)

China's Xu Xin, the World #1 has entered the World Championships as the #1 seed.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/xuxinwttc2013.jpg
Xu Xin the no.1 seed, photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/timobollwttc2013.jpg
Germany's Timo Boll enters the tournament as the #5 seed - Photo by: rtbf.be

01) Xu XIn
02) Ma Long
03) Wang Hao
04) Zhang Jike
05) Timo Boll
06) Chuang Chih Yuan
07) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
08) Ma Lin
09) Jun Mizutani
10) Vladimir Samsonov
11) Yan An
12) Jiang Tinyi
13) Gao Ning
15) Adrian Crisan
16) Koki Niwa

For full Men's entries click here (http://www.ittf.com/ittf_tournaments/ittf_entries_wttc_web.asp?Gender=M&Tour_ID=2190&)

Women's Singles Seeds

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/dingningwttc2013.jpg
China's Ding Ning, the World #1 has entered the World Championships as the #1 seed. Photo by: Xinhua/Chen Shaojin

01) Ding Ning
02) Liu Shiwen
03) Li Xiaoxia
04) Feng Tianwei
05) Zhu Yuling
06) Shen Yanfei
07) Kasumi Ishikawa
08) Wu Yang
09) Chen Meng
10) Ai Fukuhara
11) Jiang Huajun
12) Viktoria Pavlovich
13) Hajung Seok
14) Elizabeta Samara
15) Yang Haeun
16) Seo Hyowon

For full Women's entries click here (http://www.ittf.com/ittf_tournaments/ittf_entries_wttc_web.asp?Gender=W&Tour_ID=2190&)

Men's Doubles

Coming soon...

Women's Doubles

Coming soon...

Live matches from the World Table Tennis Championships 2013 can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php) which has playback on demand!

What a tournament this will be! The line up is extremely strong and will be the strongest table tennis event of the year! Who do you think will win? Will Ma Long maintain recent form? Can the young guns of China including Yan An and Fan Zhendong pose a threat in the draw? Can the Japanese, Korean players make their way through the events? European players including Timo Boll, Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Vladimir Samsonov, Adrian Crisan and Adrien Mattenet will all be looking to cause some upsets!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular global event! What are your predictions from each category.

Bollforte94
04-18-2013, 06:08 PM
My thoughts on WTTC 2013:

Men:

I voted for Ma Long and I am glad so many did, too!

Ma Long (25%): He is the best at the moment. Technically and Mentally. He grew up and is able to win international competitions. He has no nemesis or weakness. Either he will win it or the one who beats him.

Xu Xin (20%):He can beat everyone but against Ma Long and (a good shape) Zhang Jike he is the outsider. He can't cover his obvious weakness, his backhand. Against foreigners he will have no problems. His playing style is unpredictable for those who don't know him. Nemesis: Yan An, Ma Long, Zhang Jike ... but it seems he solved his problem against Yan An.

Zhang Jike (20%): His performance has been going downhill since the Olympics 2012. But he proved that he is in perfect condition at international tournaments. If he gets in the mood like WTTC 2011 against Boll almost nothing can stop him. 100% Passion. I love that Zhang Jike! ;-) Nemesis: Ma Long

Yan An: Too young, no experience on international level. He will get to the quarterfinals. Maybe he will lose against a top-european like Dima and Samsonov

Ma Lin: He can't compete against his mates but he can beat every foreigner. He will lose against his first chinese mate he will meet (except Fan Zhendong)

Boll: Disappointing performance and no tournament experience. He will lose very early, like 2003.

Dima: Too bad against China. Maybe he can beat Fan but he will surely lose against the other chinese players. Maybe he can beat one but not 2 or 3. -> end station Semi Final

Jun Mizutani: Black horse of WTTC 2013 for me! His performance is not consistent. But if he is in the mood (or a little better)like World Team Cup against Xu Xin he can cause an upset. He can beat Boll, Dima, Chuang, Yan An, Fan, Ma Lin and maybe Xu Xin. I see no chance for him against Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Wang Hao.

Women:

I hope Liu Shiwen can win it!

Liu Shiwen is in good condition at the moment but she often lose unexpected against foreigners like Asian Championships 2012 (Team).
I like her playing style.

Ding Ning is not in very good condition but she has some time to get in shape. Her weakness are defenders.

Feng Tianwei has good chances, too! She can win against Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning but she is the underdog.

I don't know the other chinese players. I just can say that the average age is pretty low and they don't have so much international experience.

TTANKEY
04-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Despite the disappointing performance of Timo Boll, I think he has a chance to win. He had a great play in some of the earlier WTTC's. What I conclude is that there are two different extremes: An excellent performance, or an awful one. I bet in his victory (:

Bollforte94
04-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Despite the disappointing performance of Timo Boll, I think he has a chance to win. He had a great play in some of the earlier WTTC's. What I conclude is that there are two different extremes: An excellent performance, or an awful one. I bet in his victory (:

I don't want to take your illusion but:

2003: Timo Boll entered the WTTC as the N.1 and lost to the youngster Qiu Yike.
2005: He lost against Liu Gouzheng. Usually he beats him. It's like a Boll - Chen Qi match-up. Of course you can lose against Guozheng.
2007: He lost against Ryu Seung-Min. His first lost ever against Ryu and his only one!?!
2009: He can't compete because of back injury.
2011: Well performance. Played very good but Zhang Jike had the day of his life.

One time well performance from 5 WTTC's. That's actually bad or how do you see it?

Greets,
Bollforte94

Michal_Z
04-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Good analysis Bollforte94, but I think Ma Lin will lose before he will get to some chinese player.
I think he has a good chance losing to any good russian like Liventsov, Burov or Skachkov.
Also I think any german player can beat him, but they have lower chance, because he usually knows them and knows tactics.
These russians are mostly unknown for him, so they have better chance. Or maybe not anymore, when he plays in Russian league. hmm.. thinking about that.. hehe..
Anyways, I dont think he will survive to meet some chinese player, if he wont meet him pretty early due to the draw (Fan Zhendong or Yan An can be low seeded enough to meet him early..)
These players are pretty big scare to Timo Boll..
I think Timo if healthy has a good chance.. But its still his mental problem. Because what else can it be?
I thought he will be fine after last WTTC in 2011. He played so well, really.. just Zhang was in such incrredible mood, what a performance..
So after this I thought he will do fine, but after Olympics .. well .. I dont know..
And he didnt even win German Championships, .. its tough..
For me the black horse will be Vladimir Samsonov, he gave tough time to many chinese lately, also beating Xu Xin and almost beating Zhang Jike at Olympics..
The second black horse, but with better chances - is Chuang Chih-Yuan. Check out his latest matches against chinese. You cant say he had no chance..
I think he had very good chance against each of them.. I think he can surprise!
But over all I hope and believe that Ma Long and Liu Shiwen will be new world champions ;-)

TableTennisDK
04-18-2013, 07:50 PM
You are leaving out Xu Xin. He is in an excellent form right now, winning the Asian cup and the Korean Open.

TTANKEY
04-18-2013, 09:07 PM
I don't want to take your illusion but:

2003: Timo Boll entered the WTTC as the N.1 and lost to the youngster Qiu Yike.
2005: He lost against Liu Gouzheng. Usually he beats him. It's like a Boll - Chen Qi match-up. Of course you can lose against Guozheng.
2007: He lost against Ryu Seung-Min. His first lost ever against Ryu and his only one!?!
2009: He can't compete because of back injury.
2011: Well performance. Played very good but Zhang Jike had the day of his life.

One time well performance from 5 WTTC's. That's actually bad or how do you see it?

Greets,
Bollforte94
Yeah, that's true. But I mean, playing well is want to play. Want to win. Play well is not just win. Take a victory. It's give your life for the point, and I have never seen Timo Boll with no desire

TTLondon2012
04-18-2013, 11:08 PM
My trailer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g7mHGtGqgs

Tommy Lee
04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
I vote for Ma Lin again, and he only got 1 vote up to now again :(

Really hope Ma Lin could won the Grand Slam, he at least missed 2 chances to won the WTTC champion.

NDY
04-19-2013, 09:22 AM
I would like to see Samsonov win,or at least cause an upset against a chinese.

WiWa
04-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Yeah, that's true. But I mean, playing well is want to play. Want to win. Play well is not just win. Take a victory. It's give your life for the point, and I have never seen Timo Boll with no desire

At WTTC 2011 Boll was amazing. But at the Olympics he might have been too focused and stressed. Since he knows he doesn't have man chances left, the pressure will grow on him. Though I think with a bit of luck in the draw he can come really far.

tremil
04-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Should there be a poll for who we on TTD thinks will cause the biggest upset? I believe it will be noshad alamiyan ;) btw, anyone that knows which club he is representing atm, would like to see him play for a European club :)

Alborz
04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
originally posted by Bollforte94
My thoughts on WTTC 2013:

Men:

I voted for Ma Long and I am glad so many did, too!

Ma Long (25%): He is the best at the moment. Technically and Mentally. He grew up and is able to win international competitions. He has no nemesis or weakness. Either he will win it or the one who beats him.

Xu Xin (20%):He can beat everyone but against Ma Long and (a good shape) Zhang Jike he is the outsider. He can't cover his obvious weakness, his backhand. Against foreigners he will have no problems. His playing style is unpredictable for those who don't know him. Nemesis: Yan An, Ma Long, Zhang Jike ... but it seems he solved his problem against Yan An.

Zhang Jike (20%): His performance has been going downhill since the Olympics 2012. But he proved that he is in perfect condition at international tournaments. If he gets in the mood like WTTC 2011 against Boll almost nothing can stop him. 100% Passion. I love that Zhang Jike! ;-) Nemesis: Ma Long
Yan An: Too young, no experience on international level. He will get to the quarterfinals. Maybe he will lose against a top-european like Dima and Samsonov

Ma Lin: He can't compete against his mates but he can beat every foreigner. He will lose against his first chinese mate he will meet (except Fan Zhendong)

Boll: Disappointing performance and no tournament experience. He will lose very early, like 2003.

Dima: Too bad against China. Maybe he can beat Fan but he will surely lose against the other chinese players. Maybe he can beat one but not 2 or 3. -> end station Semi Final

Jun Mizutani: Black horse of WTTC 2013 for me! His performance is not consistent. But if he is in the mood (or a little better)like World Team Cup against Xu Xin he can cause an upset. He can beat Boll, Dima, Chuang, Yan An, Fan, Ma Lin and maybe Xu Xin. I see no chance for him against Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Wang Hao.

Women:

I hope Liu Shiwen can win it!

Liu Shiwen is in good condition at the moment but she often lose unexpected against foreigners like Asian Championships 2012 (Team).
I like her playing style.

Ding Ning is not in very good condition but she has some time to get in shape. Her weakness are defenders.

Feng Tianwei has good chances, too! She can win against Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning but she is the underdog.

I don't know the other chinese players. I just can say that the average age is pretty low and they don't have so much international experience.

your analysis is just complete:D

UpSideDownCarl
04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
I have to be honest, there are only 3 players who seem to have a realistic shot at it: Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Xu Xin. Yan An is playing great and if he really has the tournament of his life he might be able to step up to the level of those three but those three are really at a completely different level than anyone else right now.

jmillsy2
04-19-2013, 04:26 PM
i think this tournament will be really good! full of upsets and stuff! :)

cant wait!!!! :)

Sined
04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
I think...Werner Schlager ! ;) Seems he likes a lot Parisian atmosphere...:p

[More seriously Xu Xin, Ma Long or Zhang Jike...difficult to know who will be the winner...maybe the one who likes the more French food !! :D]

Spinandspeed
04-19-2013, 07:11 PM
What about Wang Hao?

pingpingpongpong
04-20-2013, 02:59 AM
I think Wang Hao would still be explosive in some way... Who knew he would defeat Ma Long in 2011 WTTC? His performances are very stable in major events I believe.

UpSideDownCarl
04-20-2013, 03:58 AM
It seems to me that it has been a while since Wang Hao beat any of those three (Xu Xin, Zhang Jike and Ma Long) in a tournament. If he can get through to the finals without playing any of them (unlikely) he might have an outside shot. But he cannot win if he has to play 2 of them and probably won't win if he has to play any one of them which is pretty likely that he will have to play at least 2 of them.

Wang Hao has slowed down a little since 2 years ago, and those 3 have only gotten better, although I think Ma Long is starting to slow down a little and Zhang Jike is only on when he is on. But when either of those 2 are on, nobody can beat either of them.

Bollforte94
04-20-2013, 09:09 AM

Dan
04-20-2013, 11:14 AM

Agreed! :)

Jun Mizutani has a great shot I think.

Blackbird74
04-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Agreed! :)

Jun Mizutani has a great shot I think.

He has had some decent matches lately, but every time I have seen him play in last couple of years, he just seems too passive (not aggressive enough) to win against top 10 players. All too often within first three balls of a rally he starts moving backwards and ends up in a lob-fest. Fun to watch, but you can only expect to win about 1 in 5 of those rallies if you are the one defending against a top player.

Samsonov is in a similar category unfortunately. In Men's World Cup last year he played very aggressive against Boll in first two sets and went 2-0 up, but then reverted to his usual counter-attacking / absorbing pressure style and let Boll dictate the pace and lost 4-0. Perhaps due to tiredness, but he should he can do it against Zhang Jike in Euro-Asia.

If only Mizutani and Samsonov could maintain that level of aggressiveness they could win against the top players, but without it, they will certainly lose to the first or second Top 10 player they come up against.

TTHopeful
04-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Ma Long always cruises the TTD polls LoL! Really cannot wait for the WTTC now1

Alborz
04-22-2013, 03:05 PM
originally posted by example
Ma Long always cruises the TTD polls LoL!

this is why i can't trust TTD polls , everyone just vote for Ma Long:(

kharlitos892
04-23-2013, 10:22 AM
zhang jike is my favorite player for now I hope he can defend his title... and I also hope ma lin can make into the semi final at least...

Tommy Lee
04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
New Table for WTTC

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/7370e7a6gw1e40uh7pxf7g20rs11ozyu.gif

TableTennisDaily
04-24-2013, 12:14 PM
this is why i can't trust TTD polls , everyone just vote for Ma Long:(

I agree with you here, it seems his fan base is huge!

MegaZZ
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
I am going to bet on a Ma Long vs Xu Xin final showdown, go the penholder!!

revulucao
04-24-2013, 01:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=483636758372884&set=a.124320410971189.20859.123527221050508&type=1&theater i dont know if you can see but this is about the news xu xin's blade: Intensity NCT. Can anyone comment the blade?

Alborz
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
http://tabletennista.com/2013/4/zhang-jike-doesnt-aim-to-defend-his-title/
ZJK doesn't aim to defend the title anymore! he just want to win against foreigners. what a shame.

u_echizen
04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
How about fan zhendong? Is he playing for this coming championship? Just look at the result from warming up games and it seems like he is very prepare for upcoming match..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

pingpingpongpong
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
I think the seeding will be based on the May rankings.

Alborz
04-30-2013, 11:40 AM
originally posted by pingpingpongpong

no, it will be based on March rankings.

abbass
04-30-2013, 03:37 PM
just xu xin !!

Tommy Lee
05-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Liu Guoliang said may be Yan An and Fan Zhendong could cause some big upset.

Ma Lin had lost 8 kgs weight during the closed training, he really want to go further in WTTC :)

TTlover11
05-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks hopefully one of the Europeans do well

harveyaquino
05-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Ma Long FTW!lol

Dan
05-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Liu Guoliang said may be Yan An and Fan Zhendong could cause some big upset.

Ma Lin had lost 8 kgs weight during the closed training, he really want to go further in WTTC :)

Wow 8kg that is a lot! He must be training very hard, imagine if Ma Lin won, it would be a joy to see.

Arlen
05-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Since this is a big one, I suggest the banner be up early :D Who usually designs them?

dici
05-02-2013, 10:05 AM
I agree with you here, it seems his fan base is huge!

I been vote on Xu Xin since early this year. Just brainlessly vote on him >.>

Dan
05-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Since this is a big one, I suggest the banner be up early :D Who usually designs them?

it will be online tonight, you are right! :) My cousin sam designs them. What do you think of the banners?

Dan
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM

no, it will be based on March rankings.

According to the ITTF Facebook page, Xu Xin will be the no.1 seed.

Xu Xin has overtaken Ma Long in the May World Rankings! This means that he will be the top seed at #ITTFWorlds for Men's Singles!

revulucao
05-02-2013, 11:28 AM
i would like so see in semi finals Ma long, Yan An, Ovtcharov, timo boll, Fan Zhandong, Zhang Jike (playing like 2011), Xu xin. And has i am portuguese also Marcos Freitas. ahahah to many people for semi.

pingpingpongpong
05-03-2013, 01:18 PM
I think it would be a Ma Long vs Wang Hao semi-finals again...

TTPoster
05-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I hope Timo will win this tournament but he has to grow beyond himself. He would show the world of table tennis that he is able to win something BIG.
I do not know if he has the right mentality for that. He never played good at WTTC except 2011.

I think there's a lack of will power. He thinks more about what would happen if he loses the game than about winning and giving his best.

If he has the the right attitude he can do it but let's see. :)

Dan
05-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I hope Timo will win this tournament but he has to grow beyond himself. He would show the world of table tennis that he is able to win something BIG.
I do not know if he has the right mentality for that. He never played good at WTTC except 2011.

I think there's a lack of will power. He thinks more about what would happen if he loses the game than about winning and giving his best.

If he has the the right attitude he can do it but let's see. :)

Nice post buddy! I would love to see this to! I think Boll would be the happiest man alive if he won the world champs! Lets hope he gives his all and is playing at his highest level!

#teamboll

Arlen
05-03-2013, 03:24 PM
I think it would be a Ma Long vs Wang Hao semi-finals again...

And Wang Hao wining the game? :p He doesn't seem to do too bad against Ma Long compared to his matches with Jike.

And hopefully Zhang does not meet opponents like Yan An too early or at all this time. If he plays with either Xu Xin or Ma Long its definitely going to be during the semis or finals. If Zhang plays well and on form the foreign players should not pose any real threat ;)

Thomash
05-03-2013, 05:06 PM
....I do not know if he has the right mentality for that. He never played good at WTTC except 2011....
It's interesting, because he plays really good at wTttc. What do you think about it, guys?

B3nJi65
05-04-2013, 11:16 AM
china training for WTTC :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mz9aHPO3oc&list=UU7-Cvu0n77HlEDxaXsiMipQ&index=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFEJ01dboBk&list=UU7-Cvu0n77HlEDxaXsiMipQ

Bollforte94
05-04-2013, 07:04 PM
So the No.1 Xu Xin will meet Zhang in the semis and No.2 Ma Long Wang Hao? Or will No. 3 and 4 get drawn (randomly) to upper and lower half?

jmillsy2
05-05-2013, 09:35 AM
3 and 4 get drawn into upper and lower :)

jmillsy2
05-05-2013, 09:42 AM
3 and 4 get drawn into upper and lower :)

fnord
05-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Spoiler Alert.

Holy cow, didn't saw the camera man until he stood up in your first video B3nJi65 :D. Guess my ball focus works but I should work on my peripheral vision :).

Anyway, nice videos.

Alborz
05-05-2013, 11:08 AM
So the No.1 Xu Xin will meet Zhang in the semis and No.2 Ma Long Wang Hao? Or will No. 3 and 4 get drawn (randomly) to upper and lower half?

i think No.3 and No.4 get drawn randomly.

Sined
05-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Unknown player is already training juste close Bercy place / Paris (Where will take place Championships) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ygEq8_-kM

The next winner ? ^o^ :cool::p

paellota
05-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Here are, in my opinion, the strengths and weaknesses of the main favorite players.

Ma Long: best forehand in the world, perfect footwork, good backhand, powerful. Weaknesses: when he isn't at his best, he can get afraid of playing, taking forehands, etc. Then his opponent plays all the balls on his backhand and wins.

Xu xin: excellent forehand, best footwork in the world, excellent serve, very few errors. Weaknesses: no backhand, forehand not powerful enough sometimes

Zhang Jike: impressive backhand, good footwork, good forehand, excellent serve, mentally very strong. Weakness: doesn't take enough forehands from the backhand side, which doesn't allow him lots of variation. Forehand good but not magical like Xu's and Ma's

Wang Hao: excellent backhand, powerful forehand, good serve, experienced. Weaknesses: footwork not good enough. Not very good when his opponent has the initiative, lots of unforced errors. Simply not as good as his stronger team mates.

Timo Boll: well rounded, very good in top spin to top spin. Weaknesses: his forehand technique doesn't allow him to hit the ball fast enough, especially on drives, which makes it easy for his opponent to counter. Changes grip between forehand and backhand, which makes him lose a lot of time. Serves are too simple.

Yan an: I don't like his game and hope he doesn't represent the future of table tennis (hit all the balls as hard and as soon as you can :( . Zhou is even worse in this matter ). Well rounded, very powerful, extremely (too?) agressive, excellent footwork. Weaknesses: lots of errors, unexperienced

paellota
05-05-2013, 02:57 PM
And of course, for me, Ma Lin has no chance because his backhand is too weak, even if he gets fitter than he has recently been. Fan is a little young maybe (although I'm sure he will become word champion one day).

Will Fan play the men's single, or is he only here to replace in case of injury?

revulucao
05-05-2013, 03:26 PM
And of course, for me, Ma Lin has no chance because his backhand is too weak, even if he gets fitter than he has recently been. Fan is a little young maybe (although I'm sure he will become word champion one day).

Will Fan play the men's single, or is he only here to replace in case of injury?

i think he will play, I hope so

Tommy Lee
05-05-2013, 04:51 PM

i think he will play, I hope so

Of course Fan will play the men's single, Chinese team in Paris WTTC 2013:

Men's single: Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Wang Hao, Ma Lin, Yan An, Fan Zhendong

Men's doubles: Ma Lin / Hao Shuai, Wang Liqin / Zhou Yu, Chen Qi / Fang Bo

Women's single: Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen, Li Xiaoxia, Zhu Yuling, Chen Meng, Wu Yang, Hu Limei

Women's doubles: Li Xiaoxia / Guo Yue, Ding Ning / Liu Shiwen, Zhu Yuling / Chen Meng

Mixed doubles: Wang Liqin / Rao Jingwen, Chen Qi / Fang Bo, Qiu Yike / Wen Jia

All of these were confirmed already.

Tommy Lee
05-05-2013, 05:15 PM

To be honest, I didn't quite agree with you that Xu Xin and Ma Lin had no backhand, penholder without RPB ≠ No backhand. Like Ma Lin his backhand push (block) is amazing, sometimes he could change the spin of the ball after his backhand block ( opponent's topspin drive could become backspin) that will cause a lot of UE to opponent. Just one example :)

Alborz
05-05-2013, 05:41 PM
ZJK said that he don't want to pressure him self to defend the title and his goal is just wining over foreigners. so Ma Long's greatest opponent is Xu Xin .ML have 80% chance to defeat XX so i think he will become World Champion .

paellota
05-05-2013, 06:34 PM
To be honest, I didn't quite agree with you that Xu Xin and Ma Lin had no backhand, penholder without RPB ≠ No backhand. Like Ma Lin his backhand push (block) is amazing, sometimes he could change the spin of the ball after his backhand block ( opponent's topspin drive could become backspin) that will cause a lot of UE to opponent. Just one example :)

at this level, push isn't that useful in my opinion even if it allows some variation

jmillsy2
05-06-2013, 05:13 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=172500719579825&set=vb.443481379036123&type=2&theater

just saw this on fb! brilliant! haha :P

side note: i didnt realise ishikawa and Hsing spoke mandarin chinese...i knew fukuhara could, but not the other two...:P

nabilatouni
05-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Look what I found this on my bus stop this morning :D

fzkwrx
05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
ma long vs xu xin in the final...

WiWa
05-08-2013, 02:45 PM
ZJK said that he don't want to pressure him self to defend the title and his goal is just wining over foreigners. so Ma Long's greatest opponent is Xu Xin .ML have 80% chance to defeat XX so i think he will become World Champion .
Maybe Zhang is even more dangerous when he is not under pressure :P Or Liu will tell him that he was a one-trick pony, and Zhang will be eager to prove him wrong. It would be good for Ma Long to get this title though. He needs to work on his Grand Slam before Xu Xin surpasses him xD

paellota
05-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Maybe Zhang is even more dangerous when he is not under pressure :P Or Liu will tell him that he was a one-trick pony, and Zhang will be eager to prove him wrong. It would be good for Ma Long to get this title though. He needs to work on his Grand Slam before Xu Xin surpasses him xD

Not so sure that Xu Xin will surpass him one day... He really lacks a backhand and he isn't powerful enough on the forehand. I think that Ma will remain a better player in the future.

Dan
05-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Look what I found this on my bus stop this morning :D

Oh that is cool! How you finding your stay buddy :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Kurinto
05-09-2013, 02:43 AM
I think in the Men's event Ma Long will win.
I think in the Women's event Liu Shiwen will win.

nabilatouni
05-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Oh that is cool! How you finding your stay buddy :)

I live not far away from the stadium :) Will you be there the all week?

Dan
05-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I live not far away from the stadium :) Will you be there the all week?

Awesome! I won't be. I havent any tickets and i need to promote the event really.. Hard to promote from the stands :) Please send us pictures you take :)

Bollforte94
05-09-2013, 07:14 PM
I can't wait anymore. The intensity kills me. :D

fnord
05-09-2013, 08:26 PM
I live not far away from the stadium :)

I expect you to deliver the same great footage Dan just did from WSA :D.

Since you're closer to the event, do you know if they're using the new tables covered here (http://cargocollective.com/designchapel/Table-Tennis-2-0-2012) ;) ?

I can't wait anymore. The intensity kills me. :D

I hope not, every spectator counts :p. I'm really looking forward to it too, especially what kind of nice videos you'll make out of it.

# End of this post - else I'm probably running out of smileys.

Bollforte94
05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
I hope not, every spectator counts :p. I'm really looking forward to it too, especially what kind of nice videos you'll make out of it.

I am not sure if I will make a video about WTTC. Not so motivated to make videos at the moment. :( Maybe motivation will come back soon.

nabilatouni
05-10-2013, 04:14 AM
I expect you to deliver the same great footage Dan just did from WSA :D.

Since you're closer to the event, do you know if they're using the new tables covered here (http://cargocollective.com/designchapel/Table-Tennis-2-0-2012) ;) ?

hahahaha no pressure :p
I still don't know what tables they are using but I will inform anytime I have the information!

Arlen
05-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Any idea when the main draw begins?

Blackbird74
05-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Any idea when the main draw begins?

From the Media Guide:
Draws

They will take place on Saturday 11th May from 18h00 at Grand salon de l’hôtel de Ville de Paris.

Tommy Lee
05-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Some pics of the stadium..:)

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/67e2ccb8gw1e4je4aqxu5j20qo0cymz7.jpg

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/67e2ccb8gw1e4je4ewlw0j20dc0dc3zc.jpg

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/67e2ccb8gw1e4je4gmbw6j20qo09h77h.jpg

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/893f3d36jw1e4ij7o98mlj218g0x74fs.jpg

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/893f3d36jw1e4ij7q5lpvj20hs0dcju1.jpg

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/893f3d36jw1e4ij7s6p8kj20hs0nptcd.jpg

Sourcing from Weibo

jmillsy2
05-10-2013, 02:21 PM
just like 2003...:) shame theres no joo....:(
maybe a chopper will do some damage in the womens to make me feel better :P

UpSideDownCarl
05-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I am not sure if I will make a video about WTTC. Not so motivated to make videos at the moment. :( Maybe motivation will come back soon.

My guess would be, if Ma Long wins it, you may become motivated. :)

Bollforte94
05-10-2013, 07:44 PM
My guess would be, if Ma Long wins it, you may become motivated. :)

That's 100 % true.

I always start to make a video about a different player, but in the middle my motivation fades away. I have a Xu Xin, Ma Lin and Dima tribute on my pc, but no video is finished. Just between 1 and 2 minutes.

UpSideDownCarl
05-10-2013, 07:59 PM
That's 100 % true.

I always start to make a video about a different player, but in the middle my motivation fades away. I have a Xu Xin, Ma Lin and Dima tribute on my pc, but no video is finished. Just between 1 and 2 minutes.

Well, we can have fun rooting for Ma Long and see if he gets his World Championship this year.

Bollforte94
05-10-2013, 09:40 PM
So you wish that Ma Long will be the Champ like me?

You've got my sympathy ;)

TurboZ
05-10-2013, 09:58 PM
First post still shows Ma Long as number 1 seed but should it be changed to Xu Xin now?

amr_tareef
05-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Mizutani may surprise us all this time.

UpSideDownCarl
05-11-2013, 01:09 AM
So you wish that Ma Long will be the Champ like me?

You've got my sympathy ;)

Well, I don't really care that much, but I do think he is the best player on the planet so it would be nice for him to come through here so nobody can complain about how he cannot win the big ones any more. I also don't know if it means that much if he does not win this one. He is still the best overall player around right now. Although I do think Zhang Jike, Xu Xin and Yan An are closing the gap and in 2 years the best player may be Fan Zhendong.

Tommy Lee
05-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Men‘s singles draw

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/b2348fd5gw1e4kvn9emxnj20sg0lcaf1.jpg

Michal_Z
05-11-2013, 05:46 PM
LOOK AT THIS!!!

http://www.ittf.com/competitions/test/_draws_top_16.asp?Competition_ID=2190&Rnd=128&s_Event_Type=Ms&gender=M

WE ARE GOING TO GET SOME AMAZING MATCHES!!!

Samsonov vs. Ma Lin, Ovtcharov vs. Zhang Jike, Yan An vs. Chuang Chih-Yuan and Wang Hao vs. the winner of these two,
Timo Boll vs. Jun Mizutani, Koki Niwa vs. Ma Long..
So, for the semifinals it looks like Xu Xin vs. Zhang Jike and Wang Hao or Yan An vs. Ma Long :)
And Fan Zhendong will meet (probably) Zhang Jike in round 3.

Michal_Z
05-11-2013, 05:50 PM
In the womens, Ding Ning, Li Xiaoxia, Chen Meng and Wu Yang are all in the first half of the draw!
Liu Shiwen got it pretty easy with only Zhu Yuling who needs to beat Feng Tianwei to face Liu Shiwen in the semis.. :)

jmillsy2
05-11-2013, 06:13 PM
i can see feng causing some serious damage in the womens if she can beat Zhu Yuling. wil be interesting to see where Hu Limei winds up as well, let not forget she still has to win through qualification!
I see Kenta and Ma Lin will be facing each ther again....4-0 Ma this time i think....:P

its gonna be sooooooo good! :) :)

emel312
05-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm for Ma Long 100%!

PolishTT
05-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Does WLQ play at WTTC?

Sined
05-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Hello !

Ding Ning this morning leaving the hotel ! (at 9 am...)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=572097199501220&set=a.507485275962413.122228.506222126088728&type=1

I am on the left of the original photo but I prefered to cut ! LOL Seems to be really friendly and nice girl...:)

I will post other photos and a video with Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Ma Long, Wang Hao, Wang Liquin, Liu Guoliang, Ding Ning, Chen Meng...leaving the hotel together !

MDanielCRO
05-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Will there be live streaming for this WTTC?

PolishTT
05-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Yes on ittv!

Steven
05-12-2013, 10:23 AM
My preview (which will probably turn out to not be true, but whatever :P):
First quarter of the men's draw shows an interesting mix of young and old players. Unlike Xu Xin who I think will cruise to the quarters easily, Ma Lin has a tough draw. He will first have a rematch with Kenta Matsudaira, and then Lee Sang Su. Both players can be a real challenge when they have a good day. And then, already in the 4th round it is Samsonov. Now he has been playing very well against Chinese players lately and I think that of all the black horses, Samsonov has the best chances to reach the semis. Remember, he beat Xu Xin at the World Cup.
Second quarter... Hmm, I don't see a lot of potential here. Ovtcharov should easily reach the quarters but he won't beat Zhang Jike. Unless Fan Zhendong decides to finish Zhang Jike for low-motivation-play, I don't expect anything special in this part of the draw.
Third quarter: Now I really liked Chuang's topform of the last months but his road to the semis seems impossible to me. Yan An and then Wang Hao is just too much. Adrien Mattenet... I hope he can show some cool matches and enjoy the crowd including his match against Wang Hao, but he won't get any further than that.
Fourth quarter: Now this shows some awesome potential matches. Boll-Mizutani, Steger-Tokic, Ma Long-Koki Niwa... and the quarter final might be even better. Ma Long of course has the best papers here but his nerves just might show up again when he faces Koki Niwa or Boll.
Ma Long is still my favorite for the men's title.

For the Women's draw I'll keep it simple...
I expect all-Chinese semi finals, Ding Ning and Li Xiaoxia (who will beat Wu Yang, but Chen Meng could be hard) in the first semi final. Zhu Yuling (Feng Tianwei already lost twice to her) and Liu Shiwen in the second one. Liu Shiwen has the easiest way to the finals and I also think she is the best female player right now so I expect her to win.

Bollforte94
05-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Ma Long is still your favourite? If he meets Wang Hao in the semis old memorys comes back, 2009 and 2011. It's not easy to forget that. Besides there is a Yan An who can beat everyone.

Ma Long will have a pretty hard way to the (semi-)final.

Xu Xin and Zhang have an easier way. Ma Lin is "only" a foreign killer. Just the semifinal will be exciting. Xu or Zhang? Everything can happen.

MDanielCRO
05-12-2013, 01:44 PM
I think Wang Hao could lose before semi finals, but if he meet Ma Long in semi I hope Ma Long can change history :)

TableTennisDaily
05-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Yesterday the draw was released :)

Main Draw

Men's Singles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=128&s_Event_Type=MS)
Women's Singles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=128&s_Event_Type=WS)
Men's Doubles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=64&s_Event_Type=MD)
Women's Doubles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=64&s_Event_Type=WD)
Mixed Doubles (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190&rnd=128&s_Event_Type=XD)

TableTennisDaily
05-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Will there be live streaming for this WTTC?

Live Stream will be on TabletennisDaily to :) http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php?do=ittf

Alborz
05-12-2013, 05:11 PM
if Ma Long faces Wang Hao in semi-final it will be really hard for him to beat WH but i'm sure if it happens ML will destroy WH !
XX have a easy way in to semi-final but if he face ZJK it will be 50/50 battle.
maybe ZJK loss to Fan Zhendong in earlier rounds.
overall i think Ma Long will win the WTTC.

MDanielCRO
05-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Live Stream will be on TabletennisDaily to :) http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php?do=ittf

Thanks, I will watch it on http://ittf.com/ittv because it loads faster for some reason

paellota
05-12-2013, 05:26 PM
if Ma Long faces Wang Hao in semi-final it will be really hard for him to beat WH but i'm sure if it happens ML will destroy WH !
XX have a easy way in to semi-final but if he face ZJK it will be 50/50 battle.
maybe ZJK loss to Fan Zhendong in earlier rounds.
overall i think Ma Long will win the WTTC.

In my opinion, WH is not going to reach the semi final. He will be beaten before by Yan An. I bet the final is going to be Xu-Ma

TableTennisDaily
05-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks, I will watch it on http://ittf.com/ittv because it loads faster for some reason

Really? What computer are you using/browser? It should load same speed :)

MDanielCRO
05-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Really? What computer are you using/browser? It should load same speed :)

I use macbook pro when I watch it, I always have problems with loading this forum

TableTennisDaily
05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
I use macbook pro when I watch it, I always have problems with loading this forum

Ah I see. Is it okay loading the forum now? We have upgraded the site servers, and the site can handle all the traffic now :)

TableTennisDaily
05-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Pictures just in from the training hall thanks to the Stiga Table Tennis and the International Table Tennis Federation Facebook page.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice1.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice2.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice3.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice4.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice5.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice6.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice7.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice8.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice9.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/wttcpractice10.jpg

Filip
05-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Let's hope Fan Zhengdong beats Zhang Jike, then the WTTC will get really interesting, because the non-chiense players will really have a hard time facing them. I think if the chinese get beaten, it will be by someone they didn't expect it from, because they're less prepared, like it was nearly in 2011 Bojan against Ma Long. It is just a shame that vladi is facing Ma Lin, his least favorite chinese player, I think. However, Ma Lin is not the Ma Lin of 4 years ago and Vladi has reached his best form I can remember. It is also a shame Timo and Mizutani will play against each other before playing the chinese, now they cannot both challenge them. However, I am rooting for Timo, if he plays his best, he is really a threat to the chinese, he's a bit unlucky to meet the best chinese player first, Ma Long. If a chinese player wins, I hope it will be Ma Long

pingpingpongpong
05-13-2013, 06:18 AM
If Samsonov can get through Ma Lin, Xu Xin will not like it.

PolishTT
05-13-2013, 09:30 AM
I had the same problems like MDanielCRO! But now it's much faster! But my question is... When do they start streaming on ittv? In german television they start on wednesday? Ittv too?

UpSideDownCarl
05-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Let the games begin.

Dan
05-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Let the games begin.

Best post so far!! :p

chuklebolt
05-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Well... Yan An being in the same part of the draw will certainly make Ma Long's life tougher. There's also Koki Niwa who beaten him once. Bojan Tokic had also played well against him, not to mention Wang Hao so if The Machine is not at 100% physically and mentally, he may struggle early.

I'm glad ZJK dropped to no.4.... and that Xu Xin went up to no.1. He should find Xu Xin easier to deal with than Ma Long, plus he avoided Yan An :rolleyes:

If table tennis was easy
05-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Which hotels are the various (top) teams staying at?

Arlen
05-14-2013, 05:56 AM
I'm glad ZJK dropped to no.4.... and that Xu Xin went up to no.1. He should find Xu Xin easier to deal with than Ma Long, plus he avoided Yan An :rolleyes:

Heh, have to say I agree with this too :P Altough from recent matches Xu Xin seems to have the upper hand against Zhang though :( Hopefully Zhang will rise to form and perform well, like he used to before his post-Olympic losses!

Kurinto
05-14-2013, 06:05 AM
waaaa so sad, our office has limited access on the internet. can't watch any matches. updates Please. :D

chuklebolt
05-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Heh, have to say I agree with this too :P Altough from recent matches Xu Xin seems to have the upper hand against Zhang though :( Hopefully Zhang will rise to form and perform well, like he used to before his post-Olympic losses!
Yeah.... The WTTC would be much more entertaining with ZJK in his finest form :) For the time being... fans can only hope he will survive through quarter/semi-final hahaha.

skywalker
05-14-2013, 09:08 AM
This time every body eye on Ma Long, Xu Xin and Zhang Jike, remember 10 years ago in Paris, Werner Schlager won the single tittle although he was not the favorite at that time, will this time an European player repeat same history?

TableTennisDaily
05-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Wow, England's Sam Walker just beat Kasper Sterberg in the seventh set

chuklebolt
05-14-2013, 12:27 PM
All Thai participants are wiped out from the men singles :(

Matt Hetherington
05-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Well there have been plenty of upsets in the 2nd stage prelim draw.
Daniel Reed 4-2 Hunor Szocs, I thought Szocs would take that one.
Ibrahim Al-Hasan 4-3 Tomas Tregler, Tregler led 3-1
Fabian Akerstrom 4-3 Jakab Janos
Quadri Aruna 4-2 Hugo Calderano
Andre Silva 4-1 Jesus Cantero
Andy Pereira 4-0 Jan Zibrat

Not to mention Platonov, Tosic, Papageorgiou, Chiang, and Duran all having close escapes in the 7th set.

Thrilling stuff!

juantm
05-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, What about Schlager???? Is he playing any league?? any tournament?? is he training??? He will face tomorrow Platonov....

Michal_Z
05-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Well there have been plenty of upsets in the 2nd stage prelim draw.
Daniel Reed 4-2 Hunor Szocs, I thought Szocs would take that one.
Ibrahim Al-Hasan 4-3 Tomas Tregler, Tregler led 3-1
Fabian Akerstrom 4-3 Jakab Janos
Quadri Aruna 4-2 Hugo Calderano
Andre Silva 4-1 Jesus Cantero
Andy Pereira 4-0 Jan Zibrat

Not to mention Platonov, Tosic, Papageorgiou, Chiang, and Duran all having close escapes in the 7th set.

Thrilling stuff!

I just talked to Tregler, he really is unhappy about it..
He even led 5:1 in deciding game and couldnt win :(

---

Anyways - HU LIMEI will probably get DING NING in the third round !!!
This makes it really tough for Ding Ning and pretty easy for Liu Shiwen, who got fast no real opponent in her half.. :)
What makes me happy is, that Kalinikos Kreanga will play at table 2 his first match against Daniel Zwickl from Hungary :)

ssklau
05-14-2013, 10:28 PM
The Rookie Hu Limei from China will do well. Not surprise to see her in the quarters and beyond.

iNERDxi
05-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Vladimir Samsonov

kv2x1
05-15-2013, 05:23 AM
Nice post. Thanks for sharing!

download ftp server (http://www.sysax.com/server/)

pingpingpongpong
05-15-2013, 06:23 AM
LEE Chia-Sheng TPE also escaped with a 11-9 win at the 7th against MAK King Ho HKG. It could be the greatest upset

Dan
05-15-2013, 08:22 AM
My friend who I lived with in France Marcos Madrid meets Wang Hao in round 1! Epic!

There are so many great matches in round 1. Englands Liam Pitchford has a great draw to

TableTennisDaily
05-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Guys, am I right in saying the Men's Singles Final is on a Monday?

huri
05-15-2013, 10:07 AM
nope :) it should be tuesday :)

Michal_Z
05-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Yes it looks like that :)

TableTennisDaily
05-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Yes it looks like that :)

Interesting, I much prefer finals on a Sunday, I cannot wait for the final it will be awesome! Some great matches today!

Time in GMT

14.00 Xu Xin vs Steffen Mengel 2.00pm
14.45 SEO Hyundeok vs Simon Gauzy 2.45pm
15.15 Wang Hao vs Marcos Madrid 3.30pm
16,15 Niagol Stoyanov vs Adrien Mattenet 4.15pm

Watch the matches in the ITTF Live Streaming here (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php)

Elsewhere in the men's singles there are some huge matches taking place which won't display on the Live Streaming. England's Daniel Reed who will face Kenta Matusudaira. Gao Ning will take on Gaving Rumgay.

Yang Zi vs Marcos Freitas
Koshiba vs Gionis Panagiotis
Quentin Robinot vs Lee Sang Su
Christoph Legout vs Ma Lin
Kalinikos Kreanga Daniel Zwickl
Patrick Franziska vs Liu Song
Carlos Machado vs Achanta
Seiya Kishikawa vs Jonathon Groth

Who do you think will progress to round 2 stages?

pingpingpongpong
05-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Ai Fukuhara is out </3

MDanielCRO
05-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Only 2 tables on the stream, just like it is some stupid pro tour.. Two croatian players are now playing and I can't watch them :/ Does anybody know where can I see live scores?

prince
05-15-2013, 12:24 PM
I think Timo Boll is now in good shape for this competition because of his powerful forehand topspin....

TTLondon2012
05-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Bernadette Szocs is Out

Kevzar
05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
I just saw an around the net backhand from Rakovac Lea vs Seo Hyowon, it was just like the one Joo Se Hyuk had done a while ago :)

jmillsy2
05-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Bernadette Szocs is Out

she was playing against a North Korean though, and they're always quite underranked, so perhaps its not really that much of a surprise...the fact she lost 4-0, fairly easily as well confirms this to me.

Matt Hetherington
05-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Can't believe Fukuhara lost in the first round, massive upset from the WR166 Park Seongye against WR12!

chuklebolt
05-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Does anyone else have problem with the streaming? I can't watch.... It's not smooth and just stop broadcasting every 2 mins or so

chuklebolt
05-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Only 2 tables on the stream, just like it is some stupid pro tour.. Two croatian players are now playing and I can't watch them :/ Does anybody know where can I see live scores?

http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_live4_per_event.asp?competition_ID=2190

it's not exactly live though... update every 3-4 mins or something like that

MDanielCRO
05-15-2013, 02:36 PM
I've already found it but thanks! Gauzy just won 4-1 seo hyundeok, what a surprise play by Gauzy :D

TTFrenzy
05-15-2013, 02:39 PM
In a very tight 4th set between simon gauzy and seo hyondeok, the score was 10-9 for gauzy and controversy was caused. Gauzy's stroke hit twice the korean's side of the table but the umpire gave the point to the korean. The slow motion showed crystal clear that the ball hit twice. My question is, dont the umpires watch a slow motion replay for debatable situations like this?

I hate to believe that seohyundeok didnt admit it on purpose, but even if he didnt see the ball hit twice, didnt he hear it?

Anyway Gauzy played fantastic and won 4-1 , the atmosphere of the french crowd was really electric

pingpingpongpong
05-15-2013, 02:42 PM
mizutani is out

MDanielCRO
05-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Mizutani is out! He lost against Pavel Sirucek from czech, 4-2!

pingpingpongpong
05-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Jiang Tianyi is out.
What is happening

Majkl
05-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Well that is a surprise...:) Czech players are on fire..:) I hope they keep up...:)

Dan
05-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Ai Fukuhara is out </3

Bernadette Szocs is Out

Mizutani is out to!

Bollforte94
05-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Bernadette lost because she wasted more time on Facebook posting pictures of herself than going to training ;)

What a pity with Mizutani :(

Matt Hetherington
05-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Well that is a surprise...:) Czech players are on fire..:) I hope they keep up...:)

Haha Ano Ano! I love it, hope they keep going. If only Korbel was there too!

Michal_Z
05-15-2013, 03:44 PM
I just witnessed very funny match! :D
I mean - Kreanga just beat Zwickl , but the scores! :D
first game 18:16 I think, second 12:10 (Zwickl led 10:6 and lost), third game 16:14 .. and then Kreanga assumed that it got kinda boring..
Fourth game he led 9:0 and won 11:2, hehe :)

Sali
05-15-2013, 04:07 PM
anybody know when ittv starts broadcasting?

MDanielCRO
05-15-2013, 04:09 PM
It's already broadcasting all day

Mattenet is playing so bad, I've never seen him in worse mode :/

Sali
05-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Maybe I am blind or tired, :) tell me where:
http://www.ittf.com/itTV/

TTFrenzy
05-15-2013, 04:19 PM

dude on the left top side of the screen there are two "live" words white letters in red font. They are the two live broadcasts for each table. If you cant see that something is wrong :D

Dan
05-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Ai Fukuhara is out </3

Bernadette Szocs is Out

Try this buddy :) http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php?do=ittf

Click Table 1 or 2 depending on which match you want to watch

Alborz
05-15-2013, 04:59 PM
JM is out!!!!
what a pity:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sali
05-15-2013, 05:09 PM
well on the left site the newest is korea open. Also Dan your link does not work, after stiga ad I can see anly welcome Ittv. Maybe there is something wrong with my comp?

Steven
05-15-2013, 05:39 PM
well on the left site the newest is korea open. Also Dan your link does not work, after stiga ad I can see anly welcome Ittv. Maybe there is something wrong with my comp?

Tried a different internet browser?

Tommy Lee
05-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Tomorrow Ding Ning vs Hu Limei.. wow.. what wil happen ?? Don't forgot Hu Limei beat Ding Ning twice in trials not long ago.

Michal_Z
05-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Tomorrow Ding Ning vs Hu Limei.. wow.. what wil happen ?? Don't forgot Hu Limei beat Ding Ning twice in trials not long ago.
I saw this comming if you search some post earlier..
Ding Ning has pretty hard draw..
Also Li Xiaoxia will get Chen Meng pretty soon..

TurboZ
05-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Is Jun playing with unfamiliar T80s on Super ZLC that cause his early exit?

TTFrenzy
05-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Is Jun playing with unfamiliar T80s on Super ZLC that cause his early exit?

Equipment is of unsignificant importance when you play so bad. Even in the pro level if you dont make a quality shot its the player's fault not the paddle's

Dan
05-15-2013, 08:40 PM

I agree this is a crazy match! I have a feeling Ding Ning will win 4-2. I think on the big stage she wants this title. It will be interesting :)

rhonis
05-15-2013, 08:51 PM
what time should I tune in on ttdaily for this match?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

Trismegistus
05-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Mizutani may surprise us all this time.

You were right....but maybe not in the way you meant! hehe

MJB
05-15-2013, 09:40 PM
The quality of the picture on the ITTF website is just terrible. It's like watching in the fog. Where's the HD?

Can somebody please tell TT COUNTENANCE to get involved!!

juantm
05-15-2013, 09:59 PM
For me, Tiangi lost is not a big surprise. I foresaw it in my blog www.apuestasfutpon.com

It is a blog to foresee table tennis result, for tomorrow I have Apolonia, Gacina, Gardos and Baum winnings. I am so sorry because it is write in spanish, but you can easily understand who is the winner.

I forgot to say that I foresee some result in order to bet them at bwin or bet365. IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU GO THERE AND SAY WHAT RESULT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN :):)

bzing
05-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Glad that Werner Schlager is still fighting! And also Kreanga too.

Ma Long may not be as explosive on his legs like before but definitely he's tweaked his forehand with even greater power while maintaining accuracy as well as improved backhand technique. I think his service tactic might be not the strongest at times, too many times he uses the same side-down spin instead of try to do more Zhang Jike's pendulum serve which is very effective when is served short...

agmasibe
05-16-2013, 05:19 AM
hi dear could not give Zhandong Fan and Zhang Jike in final stages and that are in the 32 including two against, in the semis one of them could face xu xin and other ma long vs wang hao

dici
05-16-2013, 05:35 AM
star super sports got this live stream anyway, for whoever live in the country with this channel subscription. Watch marcos vs wang hao match yesterday, it can be considered that wang hao won it with a very close match even though the result is 4-1. 4 out of five match is finished with 11-9 or so...

I think both of them very disappointed with the match just end with a fault serve by marcos...

amr_tareef
05-16-2013, 06:24 AM
You were right....but maybe not in the way you meant! hehe

Yes .... He did surprise us all .... :(

pingpingpongpong
05-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Awesome mixed doubles match between Jiang Huajun/ Cheung Yuk vs Daniela Dodean/ Adrian Crisan a while ago. Hope someone would upload it. :)

MDanielCRO
05-16-2013, 11:45 AM
So many good matches for today, I can't wait for men singles :D I hope Kenta M. will beat Ma L. this time, and it will be awesome match just like one from 2009.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuKE7nGPTBs

jmillsy2
05-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Im gonna miss Hu Vs Ding because im helping with a coaching session! :(
can one of our youtubers make a video of it if its a good match? pleaaaaase? :P

Michal_Z
05-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Well pretty surprising results in the mixed doubles!
First OUR SLOVAKIAN PAIR Pištej and Balážová took out Ning Gao and Feng Tianwei .. 14:12 in the deciding game..
And now, CHEN QI and HU LIMEI are out by CHO EON RAE with YANG HAEUN also 4:3 :)
Also second seeded pair Qui Yike with Wen Jia are out Jiang Tianyi with Lee Ho Ching 4:2 :)
Anyways cant wait for Ding Ning vs. Hu Limei!

UpSideDownCarl
05-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Okay, things are starting to heat up. This is getting fun. Good matches, surprising results. And the live chat is active in the live stream.

Yessssss!!!!

Tommy Lee
05-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Guys look, CCTV made some statistics after the game, very nice !

Table tennis need these statistics !

dici
05-16-2013, 02:14 PM
wow...

btw, Ma Lin just looks like he is toying around in this double game >.>

Alborz
05-16-2013, 03:40 PM

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3903&d=1368710136

great post.
hope we see more statics in future matches .

MDanielCRO
05-16-2013, 04:11 PM
What a performance by Ding Ning!! 4-0 against Hu Limei :))

Dan
05-16-2013, 04:18 PM

This is awesome! We mentioned this before didn't we Tommy that this should be done! :)

Dan
05-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Ding Ning looked very impressive! 4-0!

Lindsey
05-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Ishikawa is out :(

Dan
05-16-2013, 04:38 PM
The Men's Singles begins in just 20 minutes time. Are you ready!? :)

Men's Singles Round 2 - ITTF Live Streaming Schedule *Time in GMT* 16 May 2013

Full schedule below:

18:00 Simon Gauzy vs Tang Peng
18:00 Xu Xin vs Par Gerell
18:45 Noshad Alamiyan vs Adrien Mattenet
18:45 Adrian Crisan vs Omar Assar
19:30 Patrick Baum vs Werner Schlager
19:30 Gustavo Tsuboi vs Zhang Jike
20:15 Pak Sin Hyok vs Marcos Freitas
20:15 Kalinikos Kreanga vs Kim Minseok

Watch the matches in the ITTF Live Streaming here (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php)

Elsewhere in the men's singles there are some huge matches taking place which won't display on the Live Streaming.

Damian Eloi vs Tiago Apolonia
Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Zoran Primorac
Ma Lin vs Kenta Matsudaira
Koki Niwa vs Mikhail Paykov

Who do you think will progress to round 3 stages?

Matt Hetherington
05-16-2013, 04:56 PM
I think it's going to be hard to say who will win the women's Li Xiaoxia, Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning are all looking ruthless atm

salehe
05-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Kenta Matsudaira won against Ma Lin. Did not expect that! Maybe with his tomahawk serves :-/

Alborz
05-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Kenta Matsudaira beat Ma Lin!!!!!!

Filip
05-16-2013, 05:55 PM
A shame the matched isn't recorded. Great for the tournament, Vladi can play against Zhang Jike in the quarters

Usman
05-16-2013, 05:55 PM
I LIKE ZHANG JIKE (y)

Dan
05-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Wow, wow, wow Kenta takes revenge from 2009!

Steven
05-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Maybe CCTV5 has records of Ma Lin's match, I sure hope so.

TableTennisDaily
05-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Kenta's moment defeating Ma Lin! Photo by ITTF Facebook Page

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/kentamalin2013.jpg

TableTennisDaily
05-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Kenta's moment defeating Ma Lin! Photo by ITTF Facebook Page

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/kentamalin2013.jpg

juantm
05-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Someone betting over here???? or someone just interested in forecast???? I bet in my web for Taku takakiwa, samsonov, apolonia, gardos, gacina, baum, and ASSAR!!!

You can check it!! www.apuestasfutpon.com It would be nice have your comment and ideas in the chat!!

abbass
05-16-2013, 06:39 PM
congratulate to noshad alamyan to win adrian mattenet !!!;)

Alborz
05-16-2013, 06:42 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES Noshad beat Mattenet.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

MDanielCRO
05-16-2013, 07:23 PM
I knew Kenta will win! He is my favourite. This is interesting Crisan is out too!

Sali
05-16-2013, 07:36 PM
ovtcharov seems to be in a good shape, second opponent 4:0.

chuklebolt
05-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Zhang Jike just finished off Tsuboi in 5... but I'd say, in a rather unimpressive fashion. Come to think of it, maybe it's not that he lacks the passion to win games, maybe it's just that, after winning it all, he became too cocky thinking most of his opponents are easy pushovers. His shot selections have been quite off in my opinion. They are too aggressive and not very carefully chosen... Also not quite enough concentration.... :(

Sali
05-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Kreanga kreanga kreanga

ranniely
05-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Someone around 100 rank, should humiliate ZJK (in a match) so he would take things more seriously... But i guess it all comes down to the personality of a player... And ma lin lost, did not saw that coming.

orlando
05-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Marcos Freitas had an amazing comeback after being down 0-3 against Pak Sin Hyok he recovered and won 4-3!
It was an awesome match!

Michal_Z
05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Kreanga just made a miracle!
What the hell!
He was 3:1 down in games, in the fifth he was 3:1 down, called time out (he had no coach), then lost a point, was 4:1 down.. suddenly 6:4 up! Won the game 11:8.. Next game a nightmare, he was 8:6 down, needed a point from the serve, but didnt get it, was 10:6 down, Kim had 4 matchpoints, didnt use them!
Then he got another one and again did not use it!
14:12 won Kreanga and the last game he dominated with some phantastic backhands and forehands, wov, Kim fell apart, Kreanga wins!
YES!
He was almost dancing around happy, god me, 41 years old Kreanga still has got it !!! YES!

Michal_Z
05-16-2013, 09:01 PM
This reminds me of Schlager comming back from 6:10 against Wang Liqin 10 years ago :D

TableTennisDaily
05-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Kreanga just made a miracle!
What the hell!
He was 3:1 down in games, in the fifth he was 3:1 down, called time out (he had no coach), then lost a point, was 4:1 down.. suddenly 6:4 up! Won the game 11:8.. Next game a nightmare, he was 8:6 down, needed a point from the serve, but didnt get it, was 10:6 down, Kim had 4 matchpoints, didnt use them!
Then he got another one and again did not use it!
14:12 won Kreanga and the last game he dominated with some phantastic backhands and forehands, wov, Kim fell apart, Kreanga wins!
YES!
He was almost dancing around happy, god me, 41 years old Kreanga still has got it !!! YES!

Agreed! Those last two matches of the day were pure class! I had both streams running at the same time! I love this WTTC already!

Michal_Z
05-16-2013, 10:43 PM
And guess what?
Tomorrow we will get..wait for it. .
BOJAN TOKIC vs MA LONG! :D
Does it ring a bell? :D
Before that Yan An will play Kreanga, very happy to see that! :)
And before that Fan Zhendong vs. Zhang Jike, yayyy! :)

UpSideDownCarl
05-17-2013, 04:38 AM
Some interesting results in the round of 64, that is for sure. Round of 32 coming up. It does look like we have a few interesting matchups. It will be fun to watch.

pingpingpongpong
05-17-2013, 04:48 AM
Tang Peng vs Ovtcharov would be interesting
Remember London 2012

mefisto81
05-17-2013, 05:30 AM
Schlager didn t realise the match was over?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ulrich
05-17-2013, 06:17 AM
Looking forward to Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong tonight. ZJK gotta play a lot better than yesterday if he wants to proceed.

Sined
05-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Soo Yeon Lee was in the place yesterday ! :) Not to play...:p

http://www.sooyeonlee.com/

More photos and videos to see in FB page -> https://www.facebook.com/lequiping.fr

Michal_Z
05-17-2013, 07:36 AM
I dont think that Fan Zhendong will make Zhang any trouble.He is
too nervous, you can see it clearly out of the result with Monteiro.. 4:3 (11-5,11-4,7-11,9-11,11-9,7-11,11-6)
So it seems like the tension of the WTTC has got him..
But we will see, today he has nothing to lose ;)
For me the most interesting match would be He Zhi Wen vs. Koki Niwa.. I would really love to see that one, too bad it wont be streamed..

Steven
05-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Schlager didn t realise the match was over?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

As Richard Prause commentated: "Werner isn't used to losing in Paris." :)

Well I really enjoyed the last matches yesterday, hope today will bring just as exciting games.

Michal_Z
05-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Very interesting women doubles now..
Korean pair was 10:0 in the lead, gave the point at 10:1, then they got the net, then they lost another point.. and another.. suddenly 10:7, they took time out, lost another two points, 10:9 .. it was very unexpected, but they won the game 11:9..
Also this can happen in table tennis :D

Arlen
05-17-2013, 12:13 PM
I've been wondering, will there be a coach for ZJk - Fan's match? In the finals last WTTC they didn't.

Steven
05-17-2013, 12:20 PM
I've been wondering, will there be a coach for ZJk - Fan's match? In the finals last WTTC they didn't.

No they usually play without coach. There weren't any coaches at Ding Ning - Hu Limei either.

TTFrenzy
05-17-2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=os1b9UtaJOI#!

dici
05-17-2013, 03:17 PM
wow, that is the one of top 10 shot of the WTTC! behind the back return and stun both ma lin and hao shuai

Tommy Lee
05-17-2013, 04:07 PM
wow, that is the one of top 10 shot of the WTTC! behind the back return and stun both ma lin and hao shuai

Gif...:):)

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/77e8b4c5jw1e4rqkhcdbtg208c04gb29.gif

Sourcing from Sinasports account on Weibo

chuklebolt
05-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Fan is done!! ZJK played really well. He really lifts his game from what I saw yesterday. Superb performance.

Michal_Z
05-17-2013, 07:46 PM
I hate to say this, but if Zhang keeps the form he went into against Zhendong, noone will beat him.
Not even Xu Xin or Ma Long..

etiennecha
05-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Was in Bercy yesterday and today, and somehow got surprised by what seemed to be a lack of interest/support for chinese players... Typically, hardly anybody seemed to follow the game between Li XX and Chen Meng... (ok maybe for this one also because it was china against china). Still I can't help wondering if it could be because people enjoy more balanced games, or to some extent because of a too rigorous playing style (sticking to the table and """just being faster""" than then opponent for quite a few let's say...) or anything else (including the mere fact that I simply could be over enthusiastic about chinese players -_-)

Sined
05-17-2013, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMbh_iQuPZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du3TCgKU7l0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MNV6E0w0Y4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7py5rHXZnew

TableTennisDaily
05-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Wow, I really loved Kreanga at this years worlds! His attitude is inspiring!

So many amazing matches I can't keep up! :) Looking forward to tomorrow's matches!

TableTennisDaily
05-17-2013, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7py5rHXZnew

Wow! How spectacular is this event! How many spectators there do you know? Hope your having an amazing time Sined.

TableTennisDaily
05-17-2013, 11:10 PM
The WTTC is definitely the biggest event TTD has ever covered! Today we just hit a staggering 6000 unique visitors for the very first time!

Dan
05-17-2013, 11:14 PM
I hate to say this, but if Zhang keeps the form he went into against Zhendong, noone will beat him.
Not even Xu Xin or Ma Long..

Was he that good? I missed his match. He seems to really perform in the big events. Ma Long was in godly form today to! If the WTTC final is between Ma Long and Zhang Jike, the world will come to a stand still!

TTLondon2012
05-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Ma Lin Vs Kenta Matsudaira (last set)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBrKR7gCwNk

pingpingpongpong
05-18-2013, 02:50 AM
Look what do we have today... Ma Long vs Koki Niwa

u_echizen
05-18-2013, 06:15 AM
I hope that ma long is ready in adjusting of his tactical game against lefthanded player... boll will be next

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Alborz
05-18-2013, 06:37 AM
ZJK was superb !! if he continues like this noting can stop him.
tonight matches will be great specially Yan An vs Chuang .

TurboZ
05-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Seems like everyone has forgotten Wang Hao at the moment. Looks like he only use half of his skill to beat Alamiyan comfortably. I wish to see him go further this time.

BTW the move of Xu Xin using a totally unfamiliar new blade in a big event like this is simply BOLD. Go for it world number 1 :cool: !!!!!

etiennecha
05-18-2013, 07:02 AM
he looks great, as usual :) but he hasn't faced any """serious""" opponent so far (with all due respect of course) so it's hard to say

pingpingpongpong
05-18-2013, 07:13 AM
koki will try to copy kenta to win against a chinese

althought yan an is more favorable to win against ccy, but i think ccy got a chance this time because yan an is going to be very pressured

i think samsonov has higher chances of winning against kenta because kenta's style is better against penholders, not shakehand.

timo would most probably win against seiya..

xu xin against freitas... well haha

Sali
05-18-2013, 07:38 AM
Look what do we have today... Ma Long vs Koki Niwa

remember that last year also in spring koki won with ma long!

Steven
05-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Wang Liqin and Rao Jingwen just lost the XD semifinals, and the other Chinese pairs lost in earlier rounds so this time China won't take all gold medals.

pingpingpongpong
05-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Wow.. what a reverse win by NoKor in the mixed semis...
Looks like it is divine will that north and south will meet in the finals...

DexBG
05-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Was he that good? I missed his match. He seems to really perform in the big events. Ma Long was in godly form today to! If the WTTC final is between Ma Long and Zhang Jike, the world will come to a stand still!

The problem of Zhang Jike is the motivation in small events and the early stages in big events. Now he seems to be enough motivated to do his best.
The Ma Long problem is actually the opposite - "overmotivation". He was so upset that he didn't participate in the Olympics singles so now he wants to win every event. The overmotivation can make him problems like in the Kuwait open final.

Dan
05-18-2013, 10:57 AM
The problem of Zhang Jike is the motivation in small events and the early stages in big events. Now he seems to be enough motivated to do his best.
The Ma Long problem is actually the opposite - "overmotivation". He was so upset that he didn't participate in the Olympics singles so now he wants to win every event. The overmotivation can make him problems like in the Kuwait open final.

I was thinking the exact same thing! He may have to much burning desire to win. I am sure he will win the worlds this year, he has to. He will be the best player ever to not have won a major :)

DexBG
05-18-2013, 11:34 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing! He may have to much burning desire to win. I am sure he will win the worlds this year, he has to. He will be the best player ever to not have won a major :)
Well, friend of mine knows a person that recently visited the Shanghai training school and he noticed that the people there are preparing for celebrations of the Xu Xin's win (just like they know that he will win the title). I hope he just got a wrong impression.

Dan
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Well, friend of mine knows a person that recently visited the Shanghai training school and he noticed that the people there are preparing for celebrations of the Xu Xin's win (just like they know that he will win the title). I hope he just got a wrong impression.

Wow that is interesting, man these games are intense :)

Scorpnox
05-18-2013, 11:46 AM
If Yan An wins tonight, I think he will win the tournament :)

ulrich
05-18-2013, 01:18 PM
What a match between Samsonov and Matsudaira! Too bad about that service error at 7-6 for Vladi :(

pingpingpongpong
05-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Wow. Matsudaira in the QFs! Against Xu Xin another penholder. just like in Yokohama!

Dan
05-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Wow incredible matches! I'm sorry guys I had to disable the chat in the live stream as the traffic is so high at the moment the site can't cope. We are working fast on a fix. It should be back up tomorrow for the quarter finals :)

Arlen
05-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Wow. Matsudaira in the QFs! Against Xu Xin another penholder. just like in Yokohama!

Only f Xu Xin wins though....

TTLondon2012
05-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Semi-Finals: Wang Liqin/Rao Jingwen vs Lee Sang Su/Park Young Sook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoD9YY8o4Vw

Arlen
05-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Li XiaoXia wins it!!

Dan
05-18-2013, 03:26 PM
North Korea are the Mixed Doubles World Table Tennis Champions after beating South Korea! Wow! Incredible performance!