Timo boll Alc Or Timo boll Spirit?

This user has no status.
Both blades are OFF blades, they're pretty quick but offers great control. I once tried Timo Boll Spirit from my teammate and the feeling is great, however, I play with lighter blades so I chose Timo Boll ALC over it. I think the balance is better in ALC. Note that ALC is an update to the Spirit in terms of today's rubbers. If you play with Tenergys or some Tensors(which are often heavy) then the ALC is a great choice. But in terms of play, they're a bit similar.

PS. I just wish that ST ALC's handle should be a bit longer..wew

Last edited:

CJ

This user has no status.

CJ

This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 2 reviews
I have had 1 alc's and 2 Boll spirits and personally think there is hardly any difference between the two. Other then the look and feel of the two handles, I find the alc slightly more comfortable as it is more rounded and slightly thicker then the boll spirit not by a lot though. But I do not think that the difference is big enough to charge an extra £30 for the alc. which is why next time my blade needs replacing I will probably switch back to a boll spirit. Both are great blades though and would highly reccommend either if them. :)

Reactions: revulucao
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Hey guys! Is the handle for Timo Boll ALC FL longer than the ST version?

The blades are generally similar. Very slightly longer handle for TB-ALC compared to TBS. Also, the top ply of the TB-ALC blade seems to be treated in some way that makes it shinier and harder than TBS or Viscaria, kind of like the CR treatment that Stiga does on some of its blades. So TB-ALC will sometimes feel just a bit more crisp. I'm not sure I like that effect, but could get used to it. Also, many of the more recently made TB-ALC blades (86 g) tend to be lighter than TBS (~90 g), which for me at least is not a good thing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
The blades are generally similar. Very slightly longer handle for TB-ALC compared to TBS. Also, the top ply of the TB-ALC blade seems to be treated in some way that makes it shinier and harder than TBS or Viscaria, kind of like the CR treatment that Stiga does on some of its blades. So TB-ALC will sometimes feel just a bit more crisp. I'm not sure I like that effect, but could get used to it. Also, many of the more recently made TB-ALC blades (86 g) tend to be lighter than TBS (~90 g), which for me at least is not a good thing.

What I meant was the handles of TB-ALC. Is the ST and FL the same in length? If so, then based on what I have(TB-ALC ST, which has the shortest handle I've seen), TB-ALC FL should feel uncomfortable..Or is the FL longer?

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
What I meant was the handles of TB-ALC. Is the ST and FL the same in length? If so, then based on what I have(TB-ALC ST, which has the shortest handle I've seen), TB-ALC FL should feel uncomfortable..Or is the FL longer?

So you did. Sorry! I was reading too fast. I've only used flared handles so can't answer that for you. Somebody else probably knows.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews

its not right. actually TBS handle longer then ALC. according to Butterfly TBS handle size is FL Handle Size: 101x24mm and ALC handle: FL Handle Size: 100x24mm

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Post was from 5 years ago. I am confident in what I wrote then because I had both blades in front of me at the time. Now? I don't know. I haven't touched newer versions of these blades in a very long time.