Summaries of important threads

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
First of all I'd to thank all admins / mods / users of this great forum for their contributions and invested time, it's a pleasure to see that there are so many table tennis enthusiasts all over world.

As the title suggests I'd like to see summaries of important threads which are suitable for this kind of reworking and then marked as sticky.

I believe especially for non registrated users it's better to read a short review of a theme than clicking through 20 subpages.

Stuff which could be cutted out might be "thank you" posts,redundant information, posts asking for non thread relevant things, "funny posts", meanings, wrong assumptions and so on. This way we'll get a much better information density and more valueable content out of this threads aswell as a better readability.

In my opinion these are some examples of threads suitable for reworking:

- equipment used by pro players
- boosting
- cutting rubbers
- poly ball
- articles from TTW f.i. zjk backhand, ma long technique, beginner mistakes and so on ( in this case the summary would just contain all articles from TTW in one place )
- buying from China

The summary articles might contain these elements:

- precise theme definition
- good formatting ( maybe a nice banner like the current for the CNT warm ups related to the theme )
- most useful information resources linked
- latest results / confirmed informations
- pictures and videos just linked to keep it clean and simple
- underlying thread(s) attached as link

This way we'll get more usefull stickies and still keep the usual threads where we can debate, post thank you's, impressions and such.

I'm looking forward to your pro / contra arguments.

Reactions: revulucao