PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly TB ALC vs Xiom Hayabusa ZXi

harveyaquino
04-29-2013, 04:33 AM
Hey guys!I'm planning to upgrade to Timo Boll ZLC but it is damn expensive here in the Philippines. So I searched for an alternative and came to this Xiom Hayabusa ZXi, which is what others say, a "contender" for TB ZLC. They have the same thickness and the same composition, BUT the Hayabusa ZXi uses their exclusive "Zephyllium-XCarbon" instead of the "Zylon-Carbon" for TBZLC..Anyone here who've used both blades? Can you compare them/give them review?Thanks!:)

PS. Sorry for the wrong name of thread, I accidentally typed ALC instead of ZLC.

revulucao
04-29-2013, 10:38 AM
if it is a good alternative i would like to know too

gyman75
01-07-2014, 11:57 PM
Hayabusa has a lot of vibration. Excellent for loopers but not for hard hitters. Not a solid blade compared to timo boll series. A little bit heavy head. Not suitable with chinese rubber. For me timo boll series more versatile, you can all style of games with easy. Now I play andro temper tech off+. More power and solid blade with cheaper price.

massa
01-08-2014, 10:31 PM
For hard hitting Hayabusa Zxi is very rubber sensitive. Not the best for chinese rubbers as gyman75 said, but I really like it with tenergy05 on BH and tenergy25 or Rakza7 on FH. Timo booll ZLC has a more solid feeling

Atwood
01-09-2014, 10:13 AM
I cant say i've used those exact blades but maybe my experience with something similar could help. I used to use the timo boll ZLF and now have switched to hayabusa Z. On each blade i've used xiom sigma 2 euro max. The major difference that I notice is that while the hayabusa blade is more head-heavy, it has a softer feel. I really feel more connected to my shots and my service/control has improved substancially. That being said, I feel that the ZLF offers more top end power- or at least easier power. I'm not much of a flat hitter myself, but I agree with what was said above. The Z feels softer than the ZLF, and I really enjoy it for a loop-oriented game

harveyaquino
01-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the inputs guys! :)
However, this is an old thread, I stick to my TB ALC. I thought back then that what I needed was additional power, but I trained and replaced that "additional power" with control. ;)

So a slightly slower setup and a very versatile blade such as the ALC suffices my needs.