Butterfly TB ALC vs Xiom Hayabusa ZXi

This user has no status.
Butterfly TB ZLC vs Xiom Hayabusa ZXi

Hey guys!I'm planning to upgrade to Timo Boll ZLC but it is damn expensive here in the Philippines. So I searched for an alternative and came to this Xiom Hayabusa ZXi, which is what others say, a "contender" for TB ZLC. They have the same thickness and the same composition, BUT the Hayabusa ZXi uses their exclusive "Zephyllium-XCarbon" instead of the "Zylon-Carbon" for TBZLC..Anyone here who've used both blades? Can you compare them/give them review?Thanks!:)

PS. Sorry for the wrong name of thread, I accidentally typed ALC instead of ZLC.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Hayabusa has a lot of vibration. Excellent for loopers but not for hard hitters. Not a solid blade compared to timo boll series. A little bit heavy head. Not suitable with chinese rubber. For me timo boll series more versatile, you can all style of games with easy. Now I play andro temper tech off+. More power and solid blade with cheaper price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I cant say i've used those exact blades but maybe my experience with something similar could help. I used to use the timo boll ZLF and now have switched to hayabusa Z. On each blade i've used xiom sigma 2 euro max. The major difference that I notice is that while the hayabusa blade is more head-heavy, it has a softer feel. I really feel more connected to my shots and my service/control has improved substancially. That being said, I feel that the ZLF offers more top end power- or at least easier power. I'm not much of a flat hitter myself, but I agree with what was said above. The Z feels softer than the ZLF, and I really enjoy it for a loop-oriented game