Dhs hurricane 3 neo or skyline 3 neo

Which one do you think is better

• Total voters
says Hi I am a Table tennis player in the Philippines. Im...
Dec 2010
Hey,so which one do you think is better to put on your forehand
EVERYTHING IS ON AVERAGE ON SKYLINE 3 NEO AND Hurricane 3 neo
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo:

Speed: 8.6 -
Control : 8.8
Spin : 9.4
Tacky 7.4 -Tacky
Throw Angel 5.5-medium
Weight 6.1- medium-heavy
Sponge Hardness 7.9-Medium Hard

Skyline 3 Neo :
Speed: 8.2
Control: 8.5
Spin: 8.9
Tacky: 8.8
Throw Angel: 5.5 medium
Weight : 6.3
Sponge hardness: 7.9
Reviews:
I switched to this on the b/hand after trying out a H3 Neo for a month or too, and it suited me much better. Found it easier to develop slower loops - surprising for such a hard sponge.

I use skyline 3 neo for my forhand and hurricane 3 neo's for my back hand. This rubber does whatever i want it to and the best part about it is you don't have to glue it.

This is an ideal chinese style rubber(skyline 3 neo) for mid distance looping. Compared to H3 neo it is a lot faster, less control and have more direct feeling away from the table.
It's definitely heavy. I recommend it to people who have well developed stroke.

I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO PUT ON MY F/HAND B/HAND PLSZ HELP ME DECIDE

VOTE BELOW

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I use to use Hurricane 3 DHS in the speed glueing era it was amazing! I havent used the pre glued ones.... But im guessing the Hurricane 3 on the forehand is best! and a little softer rubber on the backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
If you have a better FH than BH, use the hardest of the sponges on the FH!

Can you explain your reasoning for this? I don't know nearly enough about rubbers. Why would you use the hardest sponge for the forehand, when in general, at least the Chinese shakehand players, tend to use a softer forehand side compared with their backhand. (and why Ma Long and ZJK which to their backhand side when they start to smash against lobs)

just based on instinct, since I don't really know nearly enough about rubbers, it would seem that its better to have not an incredibly hard FH, because that takes away from the versatility of your forehand which is needed for not only looping but short game and serve. Since wouldn't a softer sponge give you more feel and therefore more control? Anyway, would love to hear what you know.

As for just the general question of which rubber is better, I think when you are talking about top level rubber, its not so much which is better, but which is better for your game. How fast you are, how much power you have, and what kind of play style you have, should really dictate what rubber you use.

Dec 2010
Can you explain your reasoning for this? I don't know nearly enough about rubbers. Why would you use the hardest sponge for the forehand, when in general, at least the Chinese shakehand players, tend to use a softer forehand side compared with their backhand. (and why Ma Long and ZJK which to their backhand side when they start to smash against lobs)

just based on instinct, since I don't really know nearly enough about rubbers, it would seem that its better to have not an incredibly hard FH, because that takes away from the versatility of your forehand which is needed for not only looping but short game and serve. Since wouldn't a softer sponge give you more feel and therefore more control? Anyway, would love to hear what you know.

As for just the general question of which rubber is better, I think when you are talking about top level rubber, its not so much which is better, but which is better for your game. How fast you are, how much power you have, and what kind of play style you have, should really dictate what rubber you use.
Your smash becomes stronger/More speed

Reactions: yurybarquero
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Your smash becomes stronger/More speed

Yeah I mean that is obvious, but if that was the only factor to consider, than why would Chinese players have a backhand that is harder than their forehand. Why not have both sides equally hard, if the only consideration is harder=stronger/more speed.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
Yeah I mean that is obvious, but if that was the only factor to consider, than why would Chinese players have a backhand that is harder than their forehand. Why not have both sides equally hard, if the only consideration is harder=stronger/more speed.

because the Chinese take the ball virtually as soon as it bounces and with a fast rubber it will come off like lightening and because there so aggressive on the fore hand i guess they go softer coos they would like to be as consistent as possible while maintaining power

Dec 2010
because the Chinese take the ball virtually as soon as it bounces and with a fast rubber it will come off like lightening and because there so aggressive on the fore hand i guess they go softer coos they would like to be as consistent as possible while maintaining power

Yeah what he said ^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

What are you talking about? Chinese players use harder rubbers on the FH. They use the backhand to smash because softer rubbers are easier to control. Smashing with the rock hard H3Neo on their FH is damn difficult!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews

Harder rubbers allow you to feel better on the forehand while softer rubbers allow you to feel better on the backhand. The reason is that you feel with the palm of your hand and when you strike the ball the palm is only facing the ball on the forehand. Harder rubbers do not mean they are faster as you can see from Tenergy to the DHS rubbers. The harder the sponge typically the less speed from a flat hit that can be put on the ball. This is because there is less of a catapult effect. Tenergy is not harder than the DHS rubbers. The topsheets are much softer and I would even say the sponges are as well although they're both fairly hard.

Chinese Shakehand players user harder rubbers on their forehands not softer ones. And ML and ZJK switch to their Tenergy because it provides faster and harder smashes against lobs. I think you're confusing soft rubbers with soft sponges. The harder the topsheet and harder the sponge the slower a ball will be as there is less catapult effect. The medium to hard topsheets with medium sponges tend to be the fastest. The softer the topsheets with softer sponges the more control you have but with less speed as well. This excludes spring sponge. When you have medium to hard topsheets with soft sponges you have more speed but also more control. It's really hard to explain, but basically it's the rule of thumb.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have H3 NEO on my BH on one of my TBS blades. It works great on BH for my kind of BH, but a lot of rubbers work there well. I never tried Skyline 3, but I have Skyline 2 on the NEXY Spartacus. It is a very serviceable rubber for the FH, although for me there is T05 and there is everything else.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Check out this one

Some interesting facts about the Hurricane 3

The tests where the ball is bouncing off the sponge do not take into account what happens for a player who catches the edge of the ball more. So it is interesting how two different players with different ways of hitting might find different rubbers faster. I am using a version of H3 NEO and I find it faster than H3. I have a friend who tried my H3 NEO and the same sheet of H3 on the same racket. He found H3 faster because he contacts the ball differently than I do. I use more sponge, he uses more topsheet. One time we were testing a blade. I found it fast and with a lot of control and he found it too slow and without control for the same reasons.

This user has no status.
I find DHS rubbers great for looping rather than for straight topspin. Last season I used a Butterfly Kong Ling Hue Offensive blade with H3 Neo Red 2.2mm FH with Black Skyline 2 Neo 2.2mm (or 2.15mm depending where you buy the rubber from). I then changed to (x2)TSP Relex Award 50 Def+ with G888 FH1.8mm and Donic Alligator Anti loop BH 1.5mm on one blade on the other G888 2.0 Red FH and Cloud and fog 3 1.0mm black BH. I also have another blade Yinhe LQ-2 Def+ ( Harder than my two TSP blades ) G888 Black 2.2mm FH with Cloud and fog 3 Red 1.0mm BH. My game improved, my loops stayed on the table but although lacking real out and out speed the spin was great, caused a lot of problems in returning for my opponents. Was even asked what my FH rubber was. The G888 1.8mm really has bite, I can vary the height and distance of my loops no mater where I am distance wise from the table. I consider myself a mid distance player with a very active BH and was able to make the switch from reversed rubber on my BH to long pips or anti spin very easily. The Choice which Neo rubbers to play with is down to choice but after playing with all but H2 Neo the Skyline 3 Neo showed the wost wear. After one complete season of using the H3 Neo and Skyline 2 Neo with regular cleaning with Butterfly foam cleaner the rubbers looked like new even after a few scrapes off the table