Wang Zhen (Eugene Wang) vs Damien Provost

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is footage of a good match that occurred last weekend in my area at a local tournament. It is the Open Level Finals match. It goes right down to the wire.

Westchester 2013 April Open - Open Singles Finals (Damien Provost vs. WANG Zhen)

Game1

Game2

Game3

Game4

Game5

Reactions: Axamax and Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow some great rallies! Both players are of a very high level! What are their rankings in America Carl? By the way I love the scoring board, it's on a TV screen on the wall! Wow! That is cool!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wow some great rallies! Both players are of a very high level! What are their rankings in America Carl? By the way I love the scoring board, it's on a TV screen on the wall! Wow! That is cool!

Technology.

There is no umpire? haha

Eugene Wang is #1 in North America.

Someone is entering the scoring into the computer though. I am not sure how. But it might be that the umpire is just not on the court because he is entering the scoring on the computer. It is USATT rather than ITTF. hahaha. Low budget. :)

Damien Provost has been ranked in the top 5 in the USA as well.

USATT ratings:

Eugene Wang: 2806

Damien Provost: 2692

Damien's highest rating was: 2712. That was in November 2012.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Technology.

Someone is entering the scoring into the computer though. I am not sure how. But it might be that the umpire is just not on the court because he is entering the scoring on the computer. It is USATT rather than ITTF. hahaha. Low budget. :)

Damien Provost has been ranked in the top 5 in the USA as well.

USATT ratings:

Eugene Wang: 2806

Damien Provost: 2692

Damien's highest rating was: 2712. That was in November 2012.

Thanks for info guys. I really do like that scoring system, it should get used more often in events, gives the match a good feel I think. Maybe it's because I see it as something different but it's very cool. I think for the spectators who are not to familiar with the sport, would really prefer that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for info guys. I really do like that scoring system, it should get used more often in events, gives the match a good feel I think. Maybe it's because I see it as something different but it's very cool. I think for the spectators who are not to familiar with the sport, would really prefer that.

I 100% agree. The scoreboard being large, digital and visible to everybody is really useful. They do that at Spin as well. Also, if you look closely, above the point score, it has a blue box with the score of the games, and next to that, there is a box with a photo of the person playing. So if you did not know the name of the person playing, you would still know who it was by the picture. Technology is cool. I do think this will be used more and more at different places. And that is a pretty large TV mounted on that wall. :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I 100% agree. The scoreboard being large, digital and visible to everybody is really useful. They do that at Spin as well. Also, if you look closely, above the point score, it has a blue box with the score of the games, and next to that, there is a box with a photo of the person playing. So if you did not know the name of the person playing, you would still know who it was by the picture. Technology is cool. I do think this will be used more and more at different places. And that is a pretty large TV mounted on that wall. :)

Oh that makes it 10x better! Pictures of players and names! that's perfect! This needs to be introduced in more events. Especially National events. Good initiative.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh that makes it 10x better! Pictures of players and names! that's perfect! This needs to be introduced in more events. Especially National events. Good initiative.

I agree. Revolutionizing the sport.

The Westchester club is one of the largest clubs in the USA.

Reactions: Dan