My Table tennis racket

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Hello i bought a table tennis racket extra offensive Yasaka 3-4 years ago. Now i started playing with my friends in school. I was playing in club but now i am not. I used to spin the ball very good. Now i can NOT spin the ball like i do before. Is it about my racket? i really don't know. Can table tennis racket lose spin ability? when i touch my racket it is so slippery. I will be thankful if you reply me. Thanks

This user has no status.
The problem is your racket's rubbers. They're old. In such time rubbers loose their tackiness, spin and other things. If you plan to go back and play in a club, I recommend you to get a new, good racket, or change your rubbers if the blade is still in good shape. If you're going to play only in school, I recommend to buy another racket.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep, these guys have it right, if the rubbers are slippery, they are slippery which means they have lost the ability to grab the ball. Just get new rubbers.

Did you get the blade with the rubbers on it? If you did, you might want to get a new setup where the blade and the rubbers come separately. But, you don't need to. You can just get new rubbers, take the old rubbers off, and glue the new rubbers on and cut them to fit the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
thank u all for the answers so i think this happend because i forgot my racket in my summer house and like 7 months :p I think i will keep playing with this racket. I will play max 2-3 months. I bought it for 100$ and all i can do is basic hits like 5$ racket :)