Real DHS National Rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Hello community! :D

I was looking at rubbers the other day, and have seen some reviews about the DHS National rubber.

I was looking online for shops to buy a sheet, and finally came along this website: ttnpp.com/shop/dhs-hurricane-3-national-version-4-edges-p-482.html

Is the rubber legitimate? Has anyone tried it?

Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Hi, the last I ordered there was genuine. It's a great rubber but has to be boosted.

If you boost this rubber, pay attention to the 4mm rule, it's quite easy to expand the sponge too much for it, especially if you get a max. rubber.

This might be a bit off topic but as I wanted to get rid of this boosting stuff and to just glue and forget about it, I came across the following rubbers with somewhat similiar characteristics as a boosted H3 National: Spin Art, Tin Arc Series and Grip S Europe.

However, nothing compares to/ is really as good as a properly boosted H3 / H3N National.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Hi!

I have one question: I bought H3Neo National Blue Sponge Tuned($110) from prott. I noticed there is layer of glue (or is it tuner) on the sponge. How do I glue this rubber on racket? Do I glue on racket and on the sponge or just racket? BTW, I asked prott to give me advice on gluing, but no response :-(

Thanks, Vojko

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Thanks, fnord!
I see you are using SpinArt on FH, and TA3 is probably TinArc 3? Well currently I'm using SpinArt on my FH. Can you compare TA3 with SpinArt and maybe both with NeoH3 National BlueSpong?

Thanks a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
I see you are using SpinArt on FH, and TA3 is probably TinArc 3? Well currently I'm using SpinArt on my FH. Can you compare TA3 with SpinArt and maybe both with NeoH3 National BlueSpong?

The following is just my point of view, I don't claim to be right and of course the rubber should fit your technical level and playing style. Tested on zjk blade.

SpinArt: heavier than TA 3,worked as intended but no "magic" shots, not as sensitive to humidity as TA 3, probably most durable
TA 3: close to "ensuring" a return to table, very forgiving but enforces you more to make correct strokes than SpinArt, slighty more spin, best "arc"

H3N BS: untuned you can compare it to the above two with an slight advantage in everything you do but less durability / tuned: the best rubber I've ever tried, as simple as that ^^.

I can recommend both TA 3 and SpinArt but against good blockers / counterloopers you'll face some trouble because you don't get the catapult of other rubbers, so you have to vary speed, spin and location of your attacks. On the other hand it's quite hard to overdo a stroke, you'll rarely hit them beyond the table.

Additionally, if you can't make complete stroke motions due to fast counter attacks it's way more complicated to counterloop it over the net since you miss the catapult for this at mid distance I'd even say it's not enough for close to table counterloop sometimes.

If I'd have to choose: 1. boosted H3N 2. TA 3 3.SpinArt, but the price and time effort for H3N disqualifies it for me. I'd give TA 3 a try.

So long, other forums will probably give you a broader range of opinions.

Reactions: Suga D and Alborz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Is it possible to play with the unboosted version and still get a good result?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Is it possible to play with the unboosted version and still get a good result?
Sure, but do you really want to spend so much money for the unboosted rubber which is just a bit better than most other rubbers instead of boosting it and get the best FH rubber in general?

If you've decided to spend that sum for the rubber I'd say you fool yourself if you don't boost it. You can get 2 or 3 other rubbers with almost the same gears for that amount of money for the untuned case.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
or you could just find a Blue sponged H3 tg3 for around 30 USD even if its a fake one. im pretty sure i got a fake one at some stage and it was lethal ( boosted of course).
but if you want a quick fix and want something thats just like Skyline 3 Blue Sponge then get Xiom Vega China.. it plays just like a boosted Skyline 3 BS

on another note TA3 is a good one to get

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
Hi!

I have one question: I bought H3Neo National Blue Sponge Tuned($110) from prott. I noticed there is layer of glue (or is it tuner) on the sponge. How do I glue this rubber on racket? Do I glue on racket and on the sponge or just racket? BTW, I asked prott to give me advice on gluing, but no response :-(

Thanks, Vojko

hello.h3 when u buy it it already has a layer of glue on it.it probably stinks a lot :D
but it doesnt hurt if u put a layer of glue on again :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Hi!

More questions :)
Is it only layer of glue or some tuner also? Rubber is "tuned", does it mean tuned in factory or tuned with some booster after the manufactored.
They say that some booster last about month, does this mean on one month of playing or month of time after tuned?

thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Hi, the last I ordered there was genuine. It's a great rubber but has to be boosted.

If you boost this rubber, pay attention to the 4mm rule, it's quite easy to expand the sponge too much for it, especially if you get a max. rubber.

This might be a bit off topic but as I wanted to get rid of this boosting stuff and to just glue and forget about it, I came across the following rubbers with somewhat similiar characteristics as a boosted H3 National: Spin Art, Tin Arc Series and Grip S Europe.

However, nothing compares to/ is really as good as a properly boosted H3 / H3N National.
Booster is legal or illegal?

Sent from my R7kf using Tapatalk