says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
I managed to record some very rare footage of Ma Long and Xu Xin practicing catching the ball on their bats. I dunno about you but I this is extremely difficult to do. I have tried this many times and still struggle to catch the ball on my bat with no bounce.

It is interesting, because many players say it's easy to do this with a Chinese rubber due to the tackiness, however you can see in this video that Ma Long uses his red Tenergy side and still manages to do the trick. Follow all my updates from the Chinese Team training at the WSA for the upcoming WTTC here.

maxutrickball.jpg

Can you do this?

Reactions: WiWa and Kimo
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
I managed to record some very rare footage of Ma Long and Xu Xin practicing catching the ball on their bats. I dunno about you but I this is extremely difficult to do. I have tried this many times and still struggle to catch the ball on my bat with no bounce.

It is interesting, because many players say it's easy to do this with a Chinese rubber due to the tackiness, however you can see in this video that Ma Long uses his red Tenergy side and still manages to do the trick. Follow all my updates from the Chinese Team training at the WSA for the upcoming WTTC here.

Can you do this?

Chen Weixing the coach :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
whats incredible is, that they put a lot of sidespin first... wow

exactly! after several hours of practice anyone can do this trick with a no spin ball. But with sidespin it must be even more difficult, u need to follow throw correctly because of the sidespin so that the ball stays on the paddle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
exactly! after several hours of practice anyone can do this trick with a no spin ball. But with sidespin it must be even more difficult, u need to follow throw correctly because of the sidespin so that the ball stays on the paddle

Have you done it? I thouht the spin was the key to do the trick

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Have you done it? I thouht the spin was the key to do the trick

its a very good exercise that will improve your short game,hand eye co ordination and wrist flexibility. When I was training very often I could grab a no spin ball with ease. Now its difficult for me to do it, I need lots of practice.

To grab a no spin ball isnt much of a task after consitent practice, a ball with spin though now that is a challenge !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I can actually catch the ball on my bat, although not If it's spinning. It's hard, I've practised for some time, but anyone can do it. I'll go practise it with a spinning ball now ! ;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, I tried this, it is really hard. You need really good touch. But I almost got it a few times after a while. Not quite, but close. It is really hard. I asked Ernesto Ebuen, he is one of the best coaches in NYC, if he could do it, and he said, that it was really hard to do. :)