how to play a slow spinney top spin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Maybe try penhold would help to better utilize wrist and finger to make a better use of fraction? Penhold is always much better at spinning on short balls (said by Wang Hao).

Reactions: Daniali
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Open your blade. Too many people close their bats thinking if you open that bat, it will go up too high.

This in fact is not true, and opening your bat allows you to hit the ball easier and create stronger top spin.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is not possible to slow loop the ball deep near endline and keep the overall height low. Impossible. One must make the ball go well high over net to achieve a long placement with slow speed, even more so with heavy spin. It is easy to place a medium or fast loop very low height and very deep, but not a slow ball, simply must loft it to get it to land deep. Possible to land ball very shallow with heavy spin and that is sometimes a nice variation against a blocker or someone playing away from the table.

Reactions: Daniali and Idiot
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
maybe u can try to hit/block the ball once the ball bouce....or u can spin bck but must adjust the angle of ur bet:p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Well you should check the great match of Kreanga against Kim yesterday, he did a quite a few of these superspinny slow loops which Kim had great difficulty to control. Of course his backhand was the usual rocket ;)

I myself also use these spinny openers as I have not that killer top spin. So I open slow spinny, luckily I'm quite able to put it anywhere on the table and then hopefully wait for the too high block on which I can go for the flat kill. Unfortunately if I do this against a higher skilled player, they can block or even counter this, so maybe train a little more on these killer spins.

Last edited:
says Back on TTD finally 🥳
You need a rubber with a good control and much spin. Try to hit the ball as late as you can, and do the topspin upwards. Start the movement from your knee and end it at the side of your head. The movement hast to be very powerful, so you can get enough spin in your topspin. If you want to keep the ball spinny, slow and near the net you should try to use a sidespin in your topspin to keep the ball low.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Well you should check the great match of Kreanga against Kim yesterday, he did a quite a few of these superspinny slow loops which Kim had great difficulty to control. Of course his backhand was the usual rocket ;)

I myself also use these spinny openers as I have not that killer top spin. So I open slow spinny, luckily I'm quite able to put it anywhere on the table and then hopefully wait for the too high block on which I can go for the flat kill. Unfortunately if I do this against a higher skilled player, they can block or even counter this, so maybe train a little more on these killer spins.

i will definitely watch that match can you plz give me link of that match