Player's Sponsorships

This user has no status.
To say Dimitri is a Donic sponsored player and claims to play with Donic Bluefire M1, on his match with Tang Peng at the change of ends, his bat showed he was playing with a Black Tenergy 05. Will upload the photo when I can rewatch the match. What are people's opinions on players who are sponsored? Should they change sponsors or not? I know from experience as an umpire, players who do not play with their sponsors equipment? Any views?

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Would be interesting to see if, or how many, pro players use any of the bluefire and other series of rubbers other than Tenergy.....any one with any info?

This user has no status.
New Picture.jpg This was taken in today's match with Dimitri putting his bat down there and you can clearly see it is Tenergy 05, why do players do this, wonder what happens if they get caught.

This user has no status.
I don't think that somebody gives a damn what you use if you praise the sponsor by winning many games while wearing a shirt with a logo of the sponsor. And people tend to get the best things so they could win more and the sponsor could brag like- that's my player! So it's not a big deal what you use, it's for who you use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Although they call it sponsor, but it is more likely a spokesman or representative for that brand. It is very common in commercial, where you see some company pay star/artist to advertise their product.

And what pro needed is to use the equipment that they feel is more comfortable for them to win, instead of using something they feel it is not so suitable for them. So, I don't think there is any wrong in it, as long as both side are agreeing it inside the contract.