Donic Bluefire (and other brands) used at the Worlds

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Hi all! just wondering if any has any info/seen whether Donic's Bluefire has finally arrived on the world stage, by being used by pro players in a major tournament.... there is no better endorsement for any rubber than being trusted in a major tournament. A list (perhaps from members of our forum in racket checks/control) of equipment used in Paris would be brilliant...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Dima Ovtcharov is already using Bluefire M1 for long time, at least they say so. I am not sure but donic is his sponsor, you can't see the color of his rubber because of donic edge tape, but I belieave he is using special made version :)

No. I have plenty of images from the WTTC where you can see that Dima is using Tenergy on both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Baum did use some sort of bluefire this WTTC, atleast on one side.

baum_bluefire.JPG

Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Bluefire

baum_bluefire.JPG

Ovcharov uses tenergy 05 both sides -fact. He may use Bluefire at some point, but he hasnt yet. Baum is certainly using some form of bluefire - my guess is the M2... thanks for this Sun Tzu!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

baum_bluefire.JPG

Good snap. This is interesting. I wonder why he chose that rubber, I will do a review of Bluefire soon. My friend uses it and loves it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I'm using Bluefire M1 and I love it. I was using T05 in past. Bluefire is a very good rubber, nearly as good as Tenergy. Loops are spiny and fast with good control. Blocking is also very good. The only negative thing is it hasn't enough touch compare to T05 but it is definitely Faster.
I'm actually wondering why it is not useful between pros like Tenergy.

Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Unfair to say Bluefire's durability is short. I don't know your level, but even tenergy after 3 weeks of training is gone for my level of play. On the other hand, I find that Bluefire lasts for 4/5 weeks.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
says http://www.tenisdemesaparatodos.com/jugadores_ficha.asp?c...
says http://www.tenisdemesaparatodos.com/jugadores_ficha.asp?c...
Jan 2013
Baum is using a red Tenergy 05 on forehand and a black Bluefire (probably M1) on Backhand.

I don´t belive that baum use m1 in backhand, because is a hard sponge, in the past he was using tenergy 05 in backhand, for me in this moment he is using a bluefire JP version, or bluefire m2

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I don´t belive that baum use m1 in backhand, because is a hard sponge, in the past he was using tenergy 05 in backhand, for me in this moment he is using a bluefire JP version, or bluefire m2
I'm not sure about the version of Bluefire, I was just guessing. I think you are probably right about it.

Reactions: Martin Dorrego