Follow up for my Stiga Calibra Lt Spin 1.8

This user has no status.
Dear Table tennis experts,

Last year I after consulting your expertise I bought Stiga Calibra LT Spin (1.8m) (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...ps)-Donic-Waldner-Dotec-AR&p=29744#post29744). I enjoyed this rubber very much and I made big steps. With the Stiga Calibra LT Spin I learned to improve my spin ball and I am now able to really attack and push pressure on my opponent. I am able to vary in the amount of spin and speed in my forehand attack. The most effective shots are with more speed and less spin (simply hammering the ball). I still need to improve my spin over spin qualities. I seldom win these rally’s and because of that I tend to block. Before having the Stiga Calibra I was playing further from the table and was more counter-reacting. With the Stiga Calibra I play close to table and take control of the game. This has led to 2 league titles in 3 seasons (and ended the previous league as the player with most wins).

Now I would like to make a next step and therefore would like to have some help. The biggest step I can make is by improving my spin-over-spin rally’s (to keep the incentive of the rally) and my short topspin ball. I know a new rubber will not automatically lead to success. I experienced the improvement by changing to Stiga Calibra LT. I was wondering whether a new forehand rubber can make a new improvement step possible.

Checking the forum I found the following options.
Tenergy 05 or 64 ? FX? (expensive?)
DHS Hurricane 03 or Neo? (orange/blue sponge provincial) or etc?
DHS Skyline TG3?

I do not want to boost the rubbers myself and does the glue that I use influence the characteristic of the rubbers?

As Mr RicharD has already played with all of these rubbers and posted a characteristics overview (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2025-My-National-H3-and-Skyline-3-Blue-Sponge) :
T05 is an 8.5/10 in spin, 7/10 in control, and 8.5/10 in speed.
H3 Commercial is a 8.5/10 in spin, 8/10 in control, and a 7.5/10 in speed.
H3 Provincial 8.5/10 Spin, 8.5/10 in control, 8/10 in speed.
TG3 Commercial is a 8/10 in spin, 8.5/10 in control, and a 9/10 in speed.
TG3 Provincial 8.5/10 Spin, 9/10 in control, 9/10 in speed.
I am really looking forward to hear what you think about my options. Furthermore I am a bit concerned regarding the price of the blue sponged rubbers and whether they are fake or not. At this point I tend to buy DHS Hurricane 3 Blue sponged (untuned) or Skyline TG 3 blue sponged (commercial? No21?). If you think these rubbers are totally not what I need please reply, I am open for all of your comments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Tenergy 05 is a looping rubber. If you're a loop-driver ( If I understood you correctly ) I suggest buying the new, Tenergy 80. The chinese tacky rubbers are way too slow and they require tuning. If you can tune them, I'd suggest buying the TG3.

If you like the Calibra, why don't you just increase the thickness or choose the hardest version of the series? It'll give you more spin&power.

This user has no status.
Tenergy 05 is a looping rubber. If you're a loop-driver ( If I understood you correctly ) I suggest buying the new, Tenergy 80. The chinese tacky rubbers are way too slow and they require tuning. If you can tune them, I'd suggest buying the TG3.

If you like the Calibra, why don't you just increase the thickness or choose the hardest version of the series? It'll give you more spin&power.

Kjanko, thank you for your reply. You are correct, I am a loop driver player. Unfortunately, I am not able to control my shots in a spin-over-spin rally.

Therefore I am not sure whether I should go for a thicker rubber. Which is the hardest rubber of the serie? And does that have the same or more tackiness as the Calibra lt spin, which makes it lots easier for me to loop drive. I am also still considering the tg3.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
The chinese rubbers are the hardest among your choices. From the Tenergy series, 05 is the hardest, 64 is softer ( they use the same sponge, the topsheet is different! )

Calibra is not tacky, It's grippy :) And the topsheet is same, which means It'll be as grippy as your old one. If you wish to improve your looping, go with softer rubber the chinese rubbers will definetly not help you improve as they'll do most of the job for you. I'd pick Rakza 7 Soft, had a chance to play with it yesterday and It felt great :) But bit too soft for me.

This user has no status.
Kjanko, thank you for your reply. You are correct, I am a loop driver player. Unfortunately, I am not able to control my shots in a spin-over-spin rally.

Therefore I am not sure whether I should go for a thicker rubber. Which is the hardest rubber of the serie? And does that have the same or more tackiness as the Calibra lt spin, which makes it lots easier for me to loop drive. I am also still considering the tg3.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

I think the harder one is the Calibra LT Plus.