TT Fanatic from the Netherlands

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Hello everyone,

Id like to introduce myself to you.

My name is Johan Thomassen, 25 year old from the Netherlands.
Ive started playing tabletennis when I was 17 years and started competition when I was 18.
I started training/coaching at the age of 19 and do this ever since.
I train about 3x a week, match 1x a week and coach 1x a week and give training 1/2x a week, so u can say im pretty busy with table tennis.
I used to be a blade collector and liked to try alot of different blades, I just moved out and decided to let that go, so im currently sticking to my OSP Virtuoso and have a few "collector items" which I plan on keeping (Viscaria old tag, Acoustics, etc.)
I will be still buying some blades every year to try and see if they are better for me. I will be trying to Hurricane Long 3 and OSP Virtuoso Carbon for example.

My idol is Ma Long, I really hoped he would do better this WTTC but it seems he chokes every big tournament.. :(

My ttdaily nickname comes from the old military strategist, im sure many of you know the book Art of War. Many of his tactics and ideas are still being used today, not only in military situations but also in buisness.

Besides table tennis:

Ive been with my girlfriend for 5 years, play football on sundays just to keep fit, I can't lose all my energy in table tennis competition. So sundays are for tournaments in table tennis or football when there aren't any tournaments around my area. I work in my family's company, in which we paint cars/busses/trucks.

If I have any spare time I like to watch movies, get some drinks with friends or play games on my PS3 or PC mostly.

If you want to know anything else, don't hesitate to contact me!

Regards,

Johan Thomassen

This user has no status.
Hello Johan, nice to see you here. As I see you have entered some competitions, have you won any? Could you list all of them? Also, could you show a picture of your collection, it's really interesting for me. Also, you should get Nittaku Resoud to be the lord of table tennis collection, and every girl would want your handle (ok now that sounds wrong).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Hello BladeDeferi, I can't really say how many I entered, I can make a picture of my prizes though. Sadly we only get prizes for tournaments, Since ive been a champion of my league for about 7 times. I promoted last season and we ended second in the first season of a higher division.

I will make pictures tonight and post them here, the Nittaku Resoud looks nice, but the price isn't! My collection isn't really that noteworthy anymore for someone else, but it is for me since it are blades I used to become the player I am today. Sadly I lost my second racket I ever used and sold the thirth (Photino) but its still closeby, used by a member of our club.

This user has no status.
Dear Sun,

Welcome to the forum. Please be informed there are several Dutch players active on the forum. I am one of them!

I am not so active in table tennis as you. I was wondering what level of competition you are playing and in what region you play. some are tuffer than others

I am a regional player and play in the 1e class in the "holland noord" region (north Holland).

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Dear Sun,

Welcome to the forum. Please be informed there are several Dutch players active on the forum. I am one of them!

I am not so active in table tennis as you. I was wondering what level of competition you are playing and in what region you play. some are tuffer than others

I am a regional player and play in the 1e class in the "holland noord" region (north Holland).

Always nice to see fellow countrymen on a foreign website!

I am also currently playing "1e klasse" but in region "Gelre". Since it was my first season in this class I was aiming for staying in this class and winning about 50%. We ended second and I won exactly 50%.

Aiming for 60-70% next season ;)

Regards Johan

This user has no status.
Always nice to see fellow countrymen on a foreign website!

I am also currently playing "1e klasse" but in region "Gelre". Since it was my first season in this class I was aiming for staying in this class and winning about 50%. We ended second and I won exactly 50%.

Aiming for 60-70% next season ;)

Regards Johan

I play around 60-70% 1e class. how is the strength divided between regions. I have been told West (my region) and south are the strongest. I am not sure this is true I know Wiwa knows, another Dutch player active on this forum. nevertheless welcome on the forum and we wait for the picture from your bat collection.

I still have all my bats, but only own 3, so not worthly for a picture.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Welcome fellow Dutch player. :) I just checked TTkaart and NAS, appearently we have played each other March 17 2011, Relax 2 - Herpen 1, 2e klasse. I don't remember a lot of that match though haha. I'm now also an "1e klasser", but in region Oost.

Im guessing Steven Pouw, I took a lead to 2-0 and then lost because I lost concentration and the evening didnt end to well for me. 1 win I believe.
you had 1 old guy in your team that heals people by touching them. I was a substitute player that match, we even talked about Jelco, which im sure you know.

regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I play around 60-70% 1e class. how is the strength divided between regions. I have been told West (my region) and south are the strongest. I am not sure this is true I know Wiwa knows, another Dutch player active on this forum. nevertheless welcome on the forum and we wait for the picture from your bat collection.

Im not really aware of how the differences are. I know my region is stronger and than Brabant (Zuid-West?) and I know Region West is the strongest.

Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

I believe West is the strongest indeed. I play in South-West, but the amount op promotion places to national 3rd division we get just decreased from 3 to 2 for the coming season, so I guess we're not that strong. :p

And welcome to the forum Johan, nice to have you here ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Im guessing Steven Pouw, I took a lead to 2-0 and then lost because I lost concentration and the evening didnt end to well for me. 1 win I believe.
you had 1 old guy in your team that heals people by touching them. I was a substitute player that match, we even talked about Jelco, which im sure you know.

regards

No I'm not Steven Pouw haha, I'm Steven Gies. You played as a reserve that day (says NAS).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
could compare the nittaku acoustic normal and l-size with the osp virtuoso off- in terms

speed
feel
dwell
spin

can say about the Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 soft

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
could compare the nittaku acoustic normal and l-size with the osp virtuoso off- in terms

speed
feel
dwell
spin

can say about the Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 soft

If u want it very brief:

Speed: Same
Feel: Acoustic has a bit softer feel, but you get the same amount of feedback
Dwell: Acoustic has more, but it was to much dwell for my backhand and when smashing/hitting.
Spin: Same
Throw: The Acoustic has a higher throw in general.

I only paired these blades with my current rubbers so far, so can't tell how Rakza7 works on these. In general they are good rubbers, just not the same as Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Although this isn't my full collection, these are the blades I take to matches lately.

I will make a picture of my other blades someday aswell.

foto(1).jpg

From left to right:
Backup: OSP Virtuoso Off- with S head and custom "Master" handle, Tenergy 05 Black 2.1 on FH and Tenergy 80 Red 1.9 on BH
Future main blade(?): Butterfly Viscaria old model with flared handle, Tenergy 05 Black 2.1 on FH and Tenergy 64 Red 1.9 on BH
Current main blade: OSP Virtuoso Off- with S head and custom "Master" handle, Tenergy 05 Black 2.1 on FH and Tenergy 64 Red 1.9 on BH