Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yes its true guys :)

I got to have a 5 minute hit with the reigning Olympic champion Ma Lin. I have it all on video and will upload it tommorow. Here is the article written about it from the English Open press team.

Video here!! :D

Ma-Lin0049.jpg

Ask Danny Ives (ex-Filton Academy pupil, English top 50 Senior and British League Premier Division player) and you might not get the answer you were expecting.

Danny was watching his friends in practice hall one and Ma Lin (2008 Olympic Mens Singles Champion and three times World Singles Runner-Up) was without a practice partner. Ma Lin motioned across to the amazed Danny and Danny caught up in one of those never-to-be-forgotten moments was able to borrow England no. 17 Tom Maynard’s bat and play against the Chinese icon. Not two or three minutes either, but for a full ten minutes.

Watching England players looked impressed and delighted. What a generous gesture from Ma Lin – one of the 21st Century’s greatest players.

As Ma Lin might say “Gorreeitt !”

Steve Kerns: article from http://etta.tv/english-open/article/?item=12791

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Oh man, that is awesome, you are so lucky, I can't wait to see the video. It would be so cool to hit around with a top player, especially if you could convince them to really play seriously and at their top level, that way you get a glimpse of what it is really like playing at the top level, see how much spin, and how fast it is and everything.

That is probably a chance of a lifetime for most people. Hope you enjoyed it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hey Dan,

So I am curious, was he able to speak any english or understand what you were saying? What did the two Chinese female players say when they walked by? I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it seemed like they understood your response and your friend understood what they said.

Also, awesome that your friend can say piao liang and hao qiu haha

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
omg ur so lucky was u watching all the guys warm up and train?