Video Of me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Good video man, It looks like you and your friend are pretty good. You guys know which times to use which spin and when to flip and etc. Very consistent for the most part.

I would say that you could probably improve a bit if you added more speed and power to you loops, it seemed like after you got past the short game, a lot of your hits were softer than they had to be, which while it made you more consistent, allowed him better chances to get your ball back. Maybe purposely play for a while with added power and speed, and while you might mess up a lot in the beginning, after a while, once you get used to it, it should improve your game alot.

This user has no status.
Good video man, It looks like you and your friend are pretty good. You guys know which times to use which spin and when to flip and etc. Very consistent for the most part.

I would say that you could probably improve a bit if you added more speed and power to you loops, it seemed like after you got past the short game, a lot of your hits were softer than they had to be, which while it made you more consistent, allowed him better chances to get your ball back. Maybe purposely play for a while with added power and speed, and while you might mess up a lot in the beginning, after a while, once you get used to it, it should improve your game alot.

thanks man. Yeah I agree with u totally. Never had power in my game. but its definitely something i am going to improve this year. But not right now as i am playing league matches every week and i need my victories. but when it ends which is i think around may/june i will start practising in the summer.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
thanks man. Yeah I agree with u totally. Never had power in my game. but its definitely something i am going to improve this year. But not right now as i am playing league matches every week and i need my victories. but when it ends which is i think around may/june i will start practising in the summer.

Hey Ndragon

Nice play, i agree with scylla24 to. You have very good technique and good timing but you need to find a killer weapon almost that will help you win more at the beginning of the rally.

You spin the first ball well, and play the angle well, but try to inflict your opponents body more often. And yeah as scylla said, definitely add more pace to your game. Just accelerate a bit more with your arm and waist, you'll pick it up in no time :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010

You actually get to play in a league? that is awesome. I wish there was that kind of organization and dedication to table tennis in the US. There are different tournaments in different random places every couple of months, but they are often spread out, and the amount of effort to participate in them is usually greater than what the average person who likes to play table tennis is willing to expend. There seems to be a lot of people on this forum who love table tennis and are also from London.

Also this probably is such a small issue that it doesn't even matter, but just as something I noticed, when you serve the ball, right before you hit it, or as you hit it, you seem to turn your head away from the table, which I found kind of odd. It's so small that it probably doesn't make any difference but whatsoever, but generally its probably better to be looking forward at what path the ball is taking, how high it is, how the opponent is reacting to the serve to get a little idea of where he is looking to place the ball, and using what type of stroke

This user has no status.
You actually get to play in a league? that is awesome. I wish there was that kind of organization and dedication to table tennis in the US. There are different tournaments in different random places every couple of months, but they are often spread out, and the amount of effort to participate in them is usually greater than what the average person who likes to play table tennis is willing to expend. There seems to be a lot of people on this forum who love table tennis and are also from London.

Also this probably is such a small issue that it doesn't even matter, but just as something I noticed, when you serve the ball, right before you hit it, or as you hit it, you seem to turn your head away from the table, which I found kind of odd. It's so small that it probably doesn't make any difference but whatsoever, but generally its probably better to be looking forward at what path the ball is taking, how high it is, how the opponent is reacting to the serve to get a little idea of where he is looking to place the ball, and using what type of stroke

I can't say I see what your saying :S
The only thing I can see is when I am going to hit the ball my eyes and head are following the ball. But after contact I'm still following the ball looking towards the table.

Yeah in England there are a lot of local leagues and they all vary in level of play. I am fortunate enough to be in a decent quality league. actually im in 2 different leagues lol. I play Division 2 in one of them where the level of play isn't too bad. and the other I play 1st division which is around the same as the 2nd division one with maybe 20% of players stronger. Its really good because u get to put ur practice into games and pressure every week.
I would have thought in the US they would have some sort of local league no?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I don't know, its not really a big deal, it just looked initially odd the way you tilted your head right before you hit the ball on the serve.

In the US, I am sure if you lived in places like New York or California, where there were more Asian people, there probably were leagues, but otherwise, the US is too big, and people are too spread out that its pretty hard to get any type of league going. Most medium sized cities have a table tennis club, but that club usually consists of like 20-30 people tops, usually more like 10-12 people who go weekly, so its really hard to have a league that people actually play against each other, and you are ranked according to that.

In the small table tennis club in my home town that I play at whenever I am at home and not at school, we have like 10 regulars, there are 2 meetings a week, and you just go and play random people, there is no league or tournament system.

This user has no status.
ah hahahaha i have just seen what u meant. U meant when i am serving the ball, right before contact my head has a spasm LOL. It does indeed look odd. Im surprised i never saw that before. I will be concious of this now loooool

Oh right. Well there aren't loads of clubs in london. Well actually whats not loads to me might be to u. I would say on average JUST in North London we have around 20 clubs. London is only one part of england lol. So yeah i guess we do have loads. In my club which is pretty popular we have a good 500+ members. The juniors are the biggest regulars alongside 20-30 very regular players and another 20 or so once a weekers :)