What do you think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
What do you think about this setup?

Blade: DHS PG3-L
Forehand: DHS Hurricane III Neo
Backhand: Butterfly Tenergy 64

Is it a good setup or I should look for something else?

P.S. Sorry for bad English!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
It depends on your playing level. If you're just starting to play table tennis, it's better to go with allround blade and some Srivers or Mark V's.
If you have already developped your strokes, then it's still a very fast setup. But I don't know this blade's caracteristics, so I could be wrong.
I would probably take a 05 on the backhand to have more control, but that's my preference.
Hope it helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
It depends on your playing level. If you're just starting to play table tennis, it's better to go with allround blade and some Srivers or Mark V's.
If you have already developped your strokes, then it's still a very fast setup. But I don't know this blade's caracteristics, so I could be wrong.
I would probably take a 05 on the backhand to have more control, but that's my preference.
Hope it helps.

The blade caracteristics are :

Speed: 94
Control: 63

And I'm kind of a begginer, only playing table tennis for 2 months.

says Hi all you players out there [IMG] My name is Philip...
says Hi all you players out there [IMG] My name is Philip...
May 2013
I agree. It is too early for you the be using such a fast racket.
A good rubber for you, which also is a bit fast, is the Hexer powersponge from Andro. That combined with the Andro temper tech ALL+ blade is a very good racket for a beginner. It is very easy to control. Every time one of the players I coach has forgotten his/her racket, I borrow that racket to him/her. And not even can they use it without any problems; they also get a little bit better every time.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Get a galaxy 896 ALL+/OFF- looping blade and equip it with Dawei XP 2008 Super Power, that is the closest thing to a classic combo without breaking a piggy-baank. That blade spins and spins the ball time and time again and is an easy blade to learn with. I slapped a sheet of Tibhar Aurus and XP 2008 Super Power and that sucker is one heck of a looping setup for pennies.