Who do you think will win the China Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 47 38.5%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yan An

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Gao Ning

• Marcos*Freitas

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other (Post below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
2013 ITTF World Tour, China Open, Super Series, 12 Jun 2013 - 16 Jun 2013, Changchun, China

With the spectacular World Table Tennis Championships coming to a halt last week, we now move onto the upcoming China Open which is the sixth World Tour of the year! The China Open Super Series will take place in the city of Changchun from Wednesday 12th to Sunday 16th June, a tournament with a total prize fund of 'unknown as of yet'.

Similarly to earlier in the year (April) at the Korean Open, China linked with various foreign players, this time around the China Open will see the same. Ma Long and Timo Boll are a doubles pairing to the worlds delight. Elsewhere will see Zhang Jike pair with Adrien Mattenet, Wang Hao pair with Quentin Robinot and Yan An team up with Dimitrij Ovtcharov (see full doubles pairings below).

Total number of entries so far is: 113

Main Draw

**NEW**

Men's Singles
Men's Doubles

Women's Singles
Women's Doubles

Live matches from the China Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat!

China's Xu Xin, the World #1 has entered the China Open as the #1 seed.

xuxinchinaopen2013.jpg

Xu Xin the no.1 seed, photo by: Remy Gros

Men's Singles Seeds

jikechinaopen2013.jpg

Recent WTTC Champion Zhang Jike enters the tournament as the #4 seed - Photo by: Remy Gros

01) Xu Xin
02) Ma Long
03) Wang Hao
04) Zhang Jike
05) Timo Boll
06) Dimitrij*Ovtcharov
07) Yan An
08) Gao Ning
09) Marcos*Freitas
10) Bastian*Steger
11) Zhan Jian ^
12) Adrien*Mattenet
13) Chen Weixing
14) Tan Ruiwu
15) Fan Zhendong
16) Andrej Gacina

For full Men's entries click here

Women Singles Seeds

dingchinaopen2013.jpg

Ding Ning enters the tournament as the #1 seed - Photo by: Remy Gros

01) Ding Ning
02) Liu Shiwen
03) Li Xiaoxia
04) Feng Tianwei
05) Guo Yan
06) Kasumi Ishikawa
07) Feng Yalan
08) Viktoria*Pavlovich
09) Guo Yue
10) Hajung*Seok
11) Li Jiao
12) Liu Jia
13) Yu Mengyu
14) JeonJihee ^
15) Wu Jiaduo
16) Irene*Ivancan

For full Women's entries click here

Men's Doubles

matimochinaopen2013.jpg

Ma Long & Timo Boll are this years China Open doubles partners! Photo by: Remy Gros

***Check out who the Chinese National Team Players have paired up with below***

01) Ma Long/Timo Boll
02) Dimitrij Ovtcharov/Yan An
03) Zhang Jike/Adrien Mattenet
04) Xu Xin/Patrick Franziska
05) Wang Hao/Quentin Robinot

Full men's doubles listings coming soon...

Women's Doubles

01) Ding Ning/Li Xiaoxia
02) Guo Yue/Liu Shiwen
03) Feng Yalan/Guo Yan
04) Feng Tianwei/Yu Mengyu
05) Irene Vancan/Viktoria Pavlovich

Full women's doubles listings coming soon...

Live matches from the China Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat!

What a line up! All the best players in the world will be gathering for an epic showdown in China! Will Zhang Jike maintain momentum from the World Championships? Can Ma Long or Wang Hao stop him? Can China's young guns including Fan Zhendong and Yan An pose a threat in the draw? What do you think of Liu's incentive to bring China and the rest of the world closer in the doubles event? Who will win the doubles event? European players including Timo Boll, Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Marcos Freitas will all be looking to get their name on the trophy.

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

Reactions: aspitalak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think in tournaments which are less intense, Ma Long plays like Ma Long and always has a big chance to win.
In grand slams, as we just saw, it's a different story.
He has disappointed me a few times just like you, but let's not forget that he is still a superb player, outside grand slams! ;)
I mean, even in the China trials for the WTTC, based on the results he was one of the best, if not the best.

About the doubles, what a pair, Ma Long - Timo Boll ...
I think they can be as good as Ma Long - Xu Xin and easily win.

I have jinxed a Ma Long victory the last 4 time now. So now I have learned from my mistakes.
That is why I have to go with Zhang Jike this time. If his head is at the right place, and he is mentally attending, then he could easily win China open.

Reactions: TableTennisDaily
says Hi all you players out there [IMG] My name is Philip...
says Hi all you players out there [IMG] My name is Philip...
May 2013
Yes, Ma Long is one of a kind when he plays the less intense tournaments.
But last year Xu Xin was actually able to beat Ma Long in these tournaments. And Zhang Jike has a lot of confidence now that he won the WTTC 2013. I think Zhang Jike’s next goal is to be the number 1 ranked player. And if he can maintain the same level throughout an entire match, he can also beat Ma Long and Xu Xin – as we saw in the WTTC.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This tournament will be very interesting. I wonder if Ma Long will have a different mindset? Perhaps the younger players will shine through. A lot of players have said Ma Long will get lost now since his fall at the WTTC, I think he will rise here and take the title. I think he will be more than determined now,

For me the doubles event will be very exciting! Timo Boll is looking forward to it. More info here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...y-To-Team-Up-Wiith-Ma-Long-In-Doubles-(VIDEO)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Zhang's performance level usually drops after a big tournament, so I don't expect him to win. I do hope that he doesn't get eliminated by some youngster though. If he is up against Ma Long or Xu Xin he will probably have more motivation and play better :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
anyone one know why china only has 12 players participating? I thought host country can have more players competing in the tours.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Voting for Wang Hao because the tour is to be hosted at his hometown, and he might want to pull off a title as a wedding gift for his (future) wife haha

anyone one know why china only has 12 players participating? I thought host country can have more players competing in the tours.

China has the most unique TT team... they dont follow the norms hahaha
Japan open has some junior players in their lineup though...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I vote and think that Ma Long will win . He will try harder now that he missed an other WTTC finals . I few more missed opportunities and he can kiss Rio Olympic singles goodbye .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Man I was really hoping for Wang Liqin and Ma Lin to play at this one. They're really getting close to retirement and it would be seriously sad to see them go. And I was thinking if they do well in this one it would hopefully boost they're WR and then subsequently help them qualify for the World Cup. Which again hopefully they will do well in and up their rankings and so on. :cool:

Sadly that's all probably not gonna happen :(

Last edited: