New rubbers and blade

This user has no status.
Hey guys,

i'm looking for new rubbers, here some details of my play:

Forehand: Slow Topspin with a lot of spin.
Nice chop with much backspin.
Backhand: Mostly used in defense but also fast attacks without any spin.
I needed something to produce a small kind of speed and also much spin for my chop or defense play.
I also block with my backhand really fast and short as a kind of counter shock.

I use rubbers from Donic at the moment, but they are really heavy, i dont know if you know this problem.
I thought about a fast blade, a very spinfull forehand rubber and backhand i dont know actually.

Price is not that necessary.

Maybe you can give me some tips or expressions. Thank you very much :)

-Leo

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey guys,

i'm looking for new rubbers, here some details of my play:

Forehand: Slow Topspin with a lot of spin.
Nice chop with much backspin.
Backhand: Mostly used in defense but also fast attacks without any spin.
I needed something to produce a small kind of speed and also much spin for my chop or defense play.
I also block with my backhand really fast and short as a kind of counter shock.

I use rubbers from Donic at the moment, but they are really heavy, i dont know if you know this problem.
I thought about a fast blade, a very spinfull forehand rubber and backhand i dont know actually.

Price is not that necessary.

Maybe you can give me some tips or expressions. Thank you very much :)

-Leo

Most players looking to attack and chop want an allround blade with feel, some like it a little oversized, some not. Most of these players use an OFF FH rubber and a thinner sponged BH rubber, some like tacky, some hate it. As for fast attack on BH and being able to spin on chops, you will lose the ability to make pace on BH with a chopping rubber/sponge combo, but one can learn to flat hit anyway and still be successful.

The Galaxy 896 is ALL+ and can spin the daylight out of the ball.

FH Rubber Tibhar Aurus or Evolution EL if you have more money.

BH Rubber Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 35 degree sponge in thinness suiting you, maybe 1.5 or 1.7 mm.

Blade is $15 ad worth 10X its price. Aurus doesn't break the budget and IQUL is very inexpensive.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I use this same setup, but with regular Insprit Quattro or H3 max on BH and I chop on BH wing when I cannot get to the ball in time to make a good attack. Someone who chops more tends to like a thinner sponge. I have a very spinny BH loop and a very powerful BH fast hit using just about any inverted rubber in max sponge.

This user has no status.
i would suggest a Stiga Tube Allround WRB wood with on the FH side a Yasaka Rakza 7 (regular, not soft), 1.8mm , or a Tibhar Genius (regular also, 1.8mm).
BH side i am really not so sure for you, maybe a short pimple ?

I totally agree with the recommendation and I'm also struggling to work out what is needed for the backhand. Ive never seen somebody who doesn't want to attack with spin unless they use a funny rubber like anti spin or pimples. :confused::what::p