PDA

View Full Version : Evolution FX-P

GreigCo
06-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Anyone have experience with this rubber, I want to try it on my forehand, I play now with Aurus Sound.. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S2-i9100 using Tapatalk 2

MDanielCRO
06-02-2013, 01:29 PM
why don't you try mx-p, I heard it is even better in every aspect

GreigCo
06-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Softer, i gues?

Der_Echte
06-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I tried FX-P on a Nexy Peter Pan blade and surprisingly, I liked it. The blade is OFF MINUS and flexy. I think the softer Evo series (EL-P and FX-P) work well with such blades.

I loved MX-P on the stiff TBS.

Give it a shot if your blade is flexy.

I have a sheet of EL-P on my $10 looping blade. In fact, I played a National Open tourney today with it. :)

UpSideDownCarl
06-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I tried FX-P on a Nexy Peter Pan blade and surprisingly, I liked it. The blade is OFF MINUS and flexy. I think the softer Evo series (EL-P and FX-P) work well with such blades.

Give it a shot if your blade is flexy.

I have a sheet of EL-P on my $10 looping blade. In fact, I played a National Open tourney today with it. :)

What did you think of the Peter Pan blade?

GreigCo
06-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Thx mate, u gues the soft is better for me.. :p

Der_Echte
06-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Carl, it felt like an upper range of OFF MINUS a little short of OFF. It is a flexy looping blade with some pop to it, spins the ball up. Great for a player who likes to rally and place the ball and still have a small amount of power on the finishing loopkills.

I am still waiting for Arirang to come out and use it next tourney if it is out in time. I played this tourney with my $10 looping blade with EL-P.

GreigCo
06-02-2013, 03:42 PM

Give it a shot if your blade is flexy. :)
I play with a stiff wood (Donic Bloodwood), and i try the soft version.. :cool:

Der_Echte
06-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Try it out (the FX-P) maybe you like it if you have been using Aurus Sound.

On the TBS, I use Aurus and MX-P is like a better version of Aurus.

I am now over 2 months using EL-P on FH and it works on both stiff and flexy blades.

GreigCo
06-03-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm buy the Fx-P (1.9 Red).. many thanks.. :)

GreigCo
06-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Thx 'Der_Echte' and the rest.. :)

Der_Echte
06-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks for saying thanks :D

Scorpnox
06-04-2013, 09:13 PM
I was wondering to buy me a EL-P for my BH also in 1.9 Red.
But I can't seem to decide, there are so many good rubbers recently: Bluefire M2, EL-P, 5Q, The new Calibra Tour M...

Help me decide :)!

P1ngP0ng3r
06-05-2013, 08:22 AM
GreigCo, when you played some training sessions, please let us know if you like or dislike the FX-P and why.
Many thanks in advance!

GreigCo
06-05-2013, 07:19 PM
@P1ngP0ng3r I will certainly do ;)

sent from my gt-i9100 using xda premium

TimoRon
11-17-2013, 09:50 AM
why don't you try mx-p, I heard it is even better in every aspect

Can you give more details about Mx-p(durability,speed, etc? I am looking for a replacement for my FH.

MDanielCRO
11-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Can you give more details about Mx-p(durability,speed, etc? I am looking for a replacement for my FH.

I have written some reviews already about it. For me it's one of the best FH rubbers ever, very powerfull and spinny, and very good replacement for tenergy. It's very fast rubber, but with enough good control. Serves arew very spinny. I like it in every aspect.. Give it a try

Der_Echte
11-17-2013, 01:53 PM
I totally HATED MX-P on the M. Maze. Sucked major rocks.

On the TBS, it was GOLDEN. Every bit what M-Daniel said and moar. Rubber lasts at least 2-3 times longer than T05.

phillypong
11-17-2013, 10:16 PM
hi scorpnox and greigco, i play in Belgium too (1ste prov) and i used to play a Genius sound (the softest genius) in 2mm on my fh, i now play a evolution FX-P and i think it is comparable to the genius sound but has slightly less catapult, more linear speed, more control , about same amount of spin.
i do believe the el-p would be better for fh because a little harder and better to finish the points
i find the fx-p lacking some finishing power ! the fx-p hardness is about like a sriver fx i would guess, not butter soft, very good blocking and pushing, sometimes makes me think of a tackiness d with more speed
i would really like to try the el-p next time !
oh and durability after 1 month of play seems really very good, clearly better than genius sound

Der_Echte
11-18-2013, 04:26 PM
I ditto philly's assessment of the durability of Evolution. You really get a long life using it, all versions I have used last 3 times longer than Tenergy for me.

I think FX-P doesn't play as soft as it is and has decent power on an OFF blade. Then again, some rubbers are blade dependent. On the TBS, I didn't think Andro Rasant wasn't anything special for FH. On the ALL+ looping blade, this thing was excellent at mid distance, much more power than Aurus had on the same blade, yet Aurus was a much better rubber on the TBS.

You try enough stuff out and you'll form your own opinions. it is good to ask on forums and it is fun to talk about, but at the end of the day, we try it out ourselves to really know.

Knuckle Ball
01-17-2014, 10:33 PM
I ditto philly's assessment of the durability of Evolution. You really get a long life using it, all versions I have used last 3 times longer than Tenergy for me.
More durable than Tenergies? Wow! I have been a Tibhar convert the first few strokes I swung with the Q series rubbers. I use 1Q and 5Q on FH of my two main blades. Been using it for just a few months now. A young club mate, very active player, has both 1Q and 5Q on a blade and it lasted him over a year. So Q series is relatively durable. How would 1Q and 5Q compare with the Evolution rubbers and Aurus on durability?
I really have nothing against the Q rubbers and it suits my game better than the Acudas, Tenergies and Calibras. Now if it is also as durable as the Evolutions, then that would be like finding the holy grail of rubbers he he he

Der_Echte
01-18-2014, 04:21 AM
KB... I like the Q series too but they were ten euros too pricy for me over Aurus. Q and Aurus and Evo series have a practical 2-3 month dailt play life. Tenergey degrades aftr a few weeks and after a month is not even half the rubber it was. As for holy grail... glad you feel good.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk