PDA

View Full Version : Ask Richard Prause a question on TTD

TableTennisDaily
06-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Hey guys,

I have been in contact with Richard Prause who is the current head coach of the Werner Schalger Academy and is the former coach of Timo Boll and the German National Team. Richard has accepted our offer where he will answer your questions posted on this TableTennisDaily discussion.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/richardprausettd.JPG
Richard Prause supporting TableTennisDaily at the WSA

TableTennisDaily will pick 10 of the best questions submitted, and we will send them to the great man himself. I will send the questions on Tuesday 11th June 2013.

Get posting your favorite questions guys. Post about anything you would like to know on how to develop as a player, Timo Boll questions, WSA questions and more.

BladeDeferi
06-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Wow, nice man :D
A couple of questions:
How do you feel training Timo Boll?
What makes you a good coach?
What are the feelings when you see Timo Boll losing?
How's life as a coach?

YosuaYosan
06-05-2013, 10:05 AM
OH WOW! Another great opportunity thanks to TableTennisDaily!

Got any deadline, Dan? Gotta prepare a very good question for such an opportunity :)

TableTennisDaily
06-05-2013, 10:09 AM
OH WOW! Another great opportunity thanks to TableTennisDaily!

Got any deadline, Dan? Gotta prepare a very good question for such an opportunity :)

Hey buddy! Thanks mate! :) I just added a deadline, I will send the questions on Tuesday 11th June 2013.

infarctus
06-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Hey guys from TTD thanks a lot for this new opportunity to speak with pros. My question is about defensive players learning.

-For the young kids that decide to play defence with long pimples, Are there many new great young players that choose this way? And if yes, what's the chronology of their training? Do they start only LP training at the moment they decide to? Or do they train random rubber for the first years. Do you respect their initial choice of playing with long pimples or do you always promote the off play with your pupils.

Thanks a lot

Choolee
06-05-2013, 01:09 PM
what are the biggest differences between the european and chinese playing style ( advantages / disadvantages ) ?

PhilipRJ
06-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Nice opportunity. Thank you TTD :)
How does a typical week of practice look for a player like Timo Boll?
What do you focus the most on with players of that caliber?

Dan
06-05-2013, 02:10 PM
No worries guys, keep your questions coming :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

poltery
06-05-2013, 02:21 PM
This is a rare opportunity. :))))

Good day Sir Richard!
Coaching stuff:
Question 1: How can you help a player conquer inferiority?
Question 2: How will you strengthen a player's mental state in a deuce situation?
Question 3: How will a player (without a coach) increase his/her on game analysis?

Equipment:
Question 1: In your own opinion, what is the best brand of table tennis equipments for pros? for beginners?
Question 2:What is your preferred shoe specification?

Others:
Question 1: Who's your best student?
Question 2: How can I win consecutive matches without a deteriorating play?

Thanks in advance! :)

tsunami902
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
How do you teach your players to stay focus and to be on the right state of mind even though their opponent is leading in the game. Some of the top players have same problem also. Timo Boll is one of the player who posses a strong fighting spirit. We need to know his secret.

Der_Echte
06-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Can you tell everyone here exactly which hard work you did to earn such a dream job in many of the places you have been?

jedimasterplk
06-05-2013, 06:11 PM
At what age does a table tennis player stop being competitive, and it becomes obvious that they are slow? I don't mean at international level, but simply at pro level...Waldner played and won his last major title in his forties, do you think that would have been possible today, or is that physically impossible?

TTFrenzy
06-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Many people involved in Table Tennis believe that the chinese are now unbeatable. The same belief was proven utterly false by the swedish team back in the 85-95 decade. I believe that Japan, Germany, France and Korea have good possibilities on beating them but they are afraid of them too much. What do you think?

Matt Hetherington
06-06-2013, 12:24 AM
I'll be seeing him in a week's time too :D hehe, make sure you all check out the interview with Richard that I already posted on TTD so you don't repeat any questions. Let's see what would I ask that I missed last time...hmmm

What is it about Timo Boll that lifts him that little bit higher than the other European players to challenge the Chinese and claim the Euro Champs title 6 times?

chopong
06-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Thank you TableTennisDaily, it is a great opportunity.

Here are my questions about statistics and robots:

Statistics:
- Does professional players/coaches uses a lot of statistical analysis and track matches ?
- What do you think about the new butterfly app you contributed to develop ?

Robots
- Do professional player normally uses robots ?
- If not why ?
- If you use robot as a coach, how you use it ?

Final
- What do you think about future evolutions of the use of technology and statistics for table tennis?

Cedric3006
06-06-2013, 09:45 AM
My question to Richard :
German players are probably the best player in Europe. However it´s still difficult to defeat chinese player.
What do you think is missing to european table tennis so we can be as goog as them ?

rhonis
06-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Dear Richard Prause, how are you doing. What is the best aspect of being a coach on such high
level? (e.g. the travelling, money, girls? or winning all the time?)

How can you coach such good players? do they not know already everything there is to know?

Send from my Samsung galaxy S using tapatalk 2

SpinQuark
06-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Wow great feature for Table Tennis Daily and the Werner Schlager Academy!

Picking only 10 questions will be a tough one. Here are mine...

Q1 (Maybe this can be an extra beyond the 10 because it gives Richard the chance to tell us more about and promote WSA)
Table Tennis Daily has thousands of eager players of all ages and levels keen to develop and improve their skills and enjoyment.
Please can you tell us more about the content of the training programmes offered by the WSA for different levels of player. Is the WSA focussed only on top international players and why might players at different levels want to consider visiting the academy or joining one of your WSA training camps ?
(PS Is there any chance of the WSA offering a discount to TTD members booking onto WSA camps?)

Q2 Do you believe there are any technical reasons why European players are failing to match the Chinese at the moment, or is it about not technical factors like confidence, practice partners, training time, and number of players to select from ?

Q3 With your vast experience of coaching, what in general do you and your team find is the most common weakness amongst players of different levels and what would you encourage players and coaches to do to address it ?
(e.g. Footwork, Service, Loop, Backhand weakness, anticipation, tactics etc)

slevin
06-06-2013, 09:12 PM
What steps are taken (if any) at the WSA to ensure that the training for international-level European players before major competitions is just as intensive as that offered by China to the CNT?

phillypong
06-06-2013, 09:42 PM
what to eat before a match evening and at what time?

what is the effect of variations in the grip of the racket (i am asking only regarding shakehand grip), what makes a grip good to perform well (detailed description pls) ?

aldob
06-07-2013, 08:30 AM
What kind of coaches do the professionals use? Like fitnesscoach, mental coach...

Kruno.Jorgic
06-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Which is better rubber Tenergy 05 FX or JOOLA smart.

Sali
06-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Somebody put a lot of effort and money to promote WSA worldwide. Do you think it is much better from other academies? If so what are the biggest advantages?

YosuaYosan
06-10-2013, 02:27 AM
So here are my questions!
As usual, my questions are hereby the property of TableTennisDaily thus unused and modified question to produce the best quality of the interview is fully understood.
I will be ever-grateful though if my question(s) is(are) included ;)

1. German's table tennis is considered one of the most highly regarded, professional table tennis, producing some of the strongest players in the world. As one of the best and most experienced coach in the field of table tennis, what in your opinion is the vital key points for table tennis to be able to grow prosperously in a country?
2. In your opinion, what difference will Werner Schlager Academy (WSA) make to the world of table tennis, both short-term and long-term?
3. What do you think is the main difference between the European style of play and the Chinese style of play at the moment and what are the pros and cons of both style of play?
4. From a coach's perspective, what makes China superior in many way compared to many other countries?

Dan, I think my main question is number 1, if by any chance you are about to choose any of my question to be included in the interview, please consider number 1 above the other, esp. 3 and 4.

Huge thanks for this epic opportunity, Dan! Not to forget our thanks to Sir Richard Prause too, of course.
Wishing all the best for the outcome!

Dan
06-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks for all your great questions guys, Ill send them of to Richard tonight, please post if you have anything you want to ask.

Regards,
Dan

ToyKnee
06-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks Dan for this opportunity!

How do you get your players ready for the next match? Not just physically, but mentally? I know the Chinese has got it spot on, but people like Patrick Baum in the WTTC 2013 against Zhang Jike, he just lost it. I know it's really hard, but it'd be great if there were some tips on it.

Thanks again!

artlleshi
06-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Do you think that Table Tennis is a mental game ?

TableTennisDaily
06-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks for all your questions guys! :) They have been sent to Richard! :)

rhonis
06-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks for all your questions guys! :) They have been sent to Richard! :)

witch questions made it through your selection procedure?

TableTennisDaily
06-12-2013, 11:01 AM
witch questions made it through your selection procedure?

I put pretty much most of them :) I asked Richard to answer as many as he can.

I think all the questions submitted are great! :)

depay
07-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi Dan/TTD, did the questions have been answered since I still don't find the threat. Or please show the link.
But thanks before

TableTennisDaily
07-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi Dan/TTD, did the questions have been answered since I still don't find the threat. Or please show the link.
But thanks before

Hi Depay, the answers can be found here :) http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?5075-Richard-Prause-Interview-WSA-Head-Coach

Enjoy