Butterfly blade ST straight handle advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I'm currently using the Butterfly Innerforce ALC with the ST handle along with my Tenergy rubbers (5 & 80). Used a ST handle all my life. I quite like this blade for my general mid table top spin game. However I do find this ST handle a fraction narrow (its more circular). I noticed a Timo Boll Spirit blade recently in ST handle and it was more wide and flat. Seemed a little more comfortable in the hand.
My question is do all the blades in the Timo Boll range have the same ST handle? (which would be closes to my Innerforce?)
Do the other Butterfly ranges have different ST handles too and how do they differ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I'm currently using the Butterfly Innerforce ALC with the ST handle along with my Tenergy rubbers (5 & 80). Used a ST handle all my life. I quite like this blade for my general mid table top spin game. However I do find this ST handle a fraction narrow (its more circular). I noticed a Timo Boll Spirit blade recently in ST handle and it was more wide and flat. Seemed a little more comfortable in the hand.
My question is do all the blades in the Timo Boll range have the same ST handle? (which would be closes to my Innerforce?)
Do the other Butterfly ranges have different ST handles too and how do they differ?

All timo boll blade series have the same straight and squarish handle and innerforce straight all have round handles. I've heard of top players getting customised blades though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Thanks

So is the Timo Boll ALC closest to the Inneerforce ALC, or would it be one of the other blades in the series?
Which do most consider the best of the Timo Boll series, if cost no issue?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Yes the the TB alc is closest to IF alc however the IF has the carbon layer closer to the centre ply, giving a softer and more dwelly feel. I have played with TB alc before and I was able to create a large deal of spin and speed but wasn't very controllable off opening loops and blocks with a very numb feel. Consistency and control is a lot more important than speed as you may be able to hit some awesome shots however lose easy points off loop drives etc. TB w5/7 are made with all wood giving the best feel, control and touch good for progressing technique and consistency. TB t5000 is made with tamca which is the fastest blade and suited for powerful drives losing a bit of spin and control. TB zlf is one of my favourites as it has good feel, soft, dwelly and not too fast enabling a bigger and stronger shot. Blocking is very good with it and is about 5g lighter than the others. TB alc has a numb feel but with a very spinny and powerful trajectory, able to play far from the table very well and maintaining decent control close. TB zlc is faster than alc with less spin and can block/counter very quickly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Too eager to handle this blade myself. I've been using Donic blades for as long as I remember; but it appears now is the time to get ahold of a new blade that suits my style.