Which blade will suite my game - can be expensive

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
My equipment:
Blade: Butterfly firehand off- – very hard ( I have it for more than 20 years) I never tried anything else.
Rubbers: because the blade is hard, soft or medium hard rubbers fits the best. Now I have tenergy 80 on my Fh I t05fx on my BH. This combination is quite good.

Why do I want to change?
I need better feeling and more power playing further from table.

How do I play?
I would say it is All+ or OFF-. I try to play intelligent tennis. I always try to be creative, sometimes too much :). I like to confuse my opponent. I play close to the table, only after first attack or defending high ball I am going back. I'm trying to bring the game to a long ball out of FH and then play topspin. If I am not in the position (even if the ball is long) I play backspin.

My strengths:
  1. many different serves with mixing spin. I get many points with that
  2. good Backhand flick
  3. my topspins have a lot of spin and are quite difficult to block.
  4. Good block against fast topspins
My weaknesses:
  1. smash: I miss a lot of balls, many times too long, sometimes I hit the ball with the edge of blade
  2. speed topspins: I am better with topspining backspins that no spin balls.
  3. Block agains high spin topspins (quite often my blocks are too long)
  4. Receiveng long serves with sidespin ( I am always too late)
Questions:
  1. Should I choose a wood blade or zylon, arylate, carbon etc and why?
My suggestions:
1. Timo Ball ZLF
2. Stiga maplewood nct V

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
My equipment:
Blade: Butterfly firehand off- – very hard ( I have it for more than 20 years) I never tried anything else.
Rubbers: because the blade is hard, soft or medium hard rubbers fits the best. Now I have tenergy 80 on my Fh I t05fx on my BH. This combination is quite good.

Why do I want to change?
I need better feeling and more power playing further from table.

How do I play?
I would say it is All+ or OFF-. I try to play intelligent tennis. I always try to be creative, sometimes too much :). I like to confuse my opponent. I play close to the table, only after first attack or defending high ball I am going back. I'm trying to bring the game to a long ball out of FH and then play topspin. If I am not in the position (even if the ball is long) I play backspin.

My strengths:
  1. many different serves with mixing spin. I get many points with that
  2. good Backhand flick
  3. my topspins have a lot of spin and are quite difficult to block.
  4. Good block against fast topspins
My weaknesses:
  1. smash: I miss a lot of balls, many times too long, sometimes I hit the ball with the edge of blade
  2. speed topspins: I am better with topspining backspins that no spin balls.
  3. Block agains high spin topspins (quite often my blocks are too long)
  4. Receiveng long serves with sidespin ( I am always too late)
Questions:
  1. Should I choose a wood blade or zylon, arylate, carbon etc and why?
My suggestions:
1. Timo Ball ZLF
2. Stiga maplewood nct V

Since I play similarly to you I think the Timo Boll zlf would be perfect however it does lose some power as you move farther from the table but great for heavy spin loops close to table.