Zhang Jike to win China Open 2013!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Do u guys think Zhang Jike will pull out another title like he has done at the WTTC or do you think his rival teammates will overcome him. In big events it seems he performs at his best but what about back at his home crowd?

image.jpg image.jpg

I think it won't matter to him that much compared to the World Cup, Olympics, and WTTC. He will win for sure if he REALLY WANTS to, and crush his opponents with style. I think if he doesn't care, he will probably just go, "Meh, you can have this" but will still try to win the competition. If the match is pretty close, he might just throw his racket in the table out of frustration, or just deny his a shakehand after a loss. If the match is not going his way, he will probably get a leg/knee injury, and deny his opponent a proper win. ;)

Reactions: Lan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think it won't matter to him that much compared to the World Cup, Olympics, and WTTC.

I wonder if he will care. I cannot tell. Chinese Open Champion may mean something to him. I do think he wants to go head to head against Ma Long and show everyone he has the answers. Because, I am sure he has heard people say how he did not have to face Ma Long to win any of those major titles.

I do think, when they do the Chinese Nationals in the fall, he will care.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
UpSideDownCarl said:

I wonder if he will care. I cannot tell. Chinese Open Champion may mean something to him. I do think he wants to go head to head against Ma Long and show
everyone he has the answers. Because, I am sure he has heard people say how he did not have to face Ma Long to win any of those major titles.

I do think, when they do the Chinese Nationals in the fall, he will care.
i think he will reach the semi-final even if he don't care and he have to face Ma Long is semi-final ( because of the WR and darwing ) so he will do his best to beat ML and then he will reach the final . i think in the final he will have enough motivation to win the match .

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Will he be facing Yan An anytime in the tournament? It would be a great match.

Also I have to agree with Carl that Zhang would definitely want to beat Ma this time. Carl you also mentioned that earlier this year at Kuwait Zhang "found out" how to overcome Ma. I wanna see that happen again this time 'round. ;)

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Arlen said:
Will he be facing Yan An anytime in the tournament? It would be a great match.

Also I have to agree with Carl that Zhang would definitely want to beat Ma this time. Carl you also mentioned that earlier this year at Kuwait Zhang "found out" how to overcome Ma. I wanna see that happen again this time 'round. ;)
i don't know the drawing system completely but i'm sure seed#1 will face seed#3 and seed#2 will face seed#4 in semi-final . seeding will be based on the last WR list before the deadline .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I think that with his recent WTTC win, he now realizes that he can choose to be as dominant as he wants to be in table tennis. If Zhang Jike wins in China, this will be the beginning of an era for him in all competitions (World and Opens). Seriously.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i don't know the drawing system completely but i'm sure seed#1 will face seed#3 and seed#2 will face seed#4 in semi-final.

I am not sure that is right. I think usually, #1 is paired with #4 in one part of the draw and #2 is paired with #3. That is why Wang Hao faced Ma Long in the semi finals in the WTTC and Zhang Jike faced Xu Xin. XX was #1, ZJK was #4. ML was #2, WH was #3.

That is usually how they do it. The top seed earns the right to the slightly lower ranked player. If you are the #2 seed, you are set to have a slightly harder path to the finals, at least statistically, if everything goes by the numbers.

But, the top for are this right now:

1) Xu Xin
2) Ma Long
3) Zhang Jike
4) Wang Hao

Which would mean, if that is what they use to base the seeding, Ma Long and Zhang Jike should play in the semi-finals if things go by the numbers, because ML is #2 and ZJK is #3.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
But, the top for are this right now:

1) Xu Xin
2) Ma Long
3) Zhang Jike
4) Wang Hao

Which would mean, if that is what they use to base the seeding, Ma Long and Zhang Jike should play in the semi-finals if things go by the numbers, because ML is #2 and ZJK is #3.

Not too sure about that. If you look at the China Open thread, the rankings are based on May's, which would mean Wang is 3rd and Zhang is 4th. So it's gonna be WTTC over again if everything goes to plan.