What are pre glued rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hey everyone

Can anyone explain to me how and what are pre glued rubbers?

How do they work, whats the best ones you suggest?

1b05d1f3-b533-42bb-a8b7-6a4028708849.jpg

Photo: http://www.spinmantra.com

John doe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2010
Pre glued but more aptly named "pre-tuned" are as the post mentions and are tuned to such an extent that they play like "glued" with a typical softer new generation sponge but sadly the top sheets tend to be slightly nulled after around the 6- 8 week time frame..........

Im using the Calibra Sound, which is as it states fast and loud but does tend to wear down after a couple of month ...

We were training with it below to see how it played as you can see in the video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Pre glued but more aptly named "pre-tuned" are as the post mentions and are tuned to such an extent that they play like "glued" with a typical softer new generation sponge but sadly the top sheets tend to be slightly nulled after around the 6- 8 week time frame..........

Im using the Calibra Sound, which is as it states fast and loud but does tend to wear down after a couple of month ...

i'm using the same rubbers(calibra)and i bought them 1 month ago...i suppose you have used them longer.Have u noticed significant change after a long time?less spin for example?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011

thanks dave, it's very helpful. what about sriver fx and sriver el? are there pre glued? can't we use them now?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2010
The speed and sound tends to get better as it gets older to an extent but as mentioned previously has a quick "drop" in performance after a time frame of around 2 months ............ this is all totally dependant upon certain factors such as

How many times you train with it
How you actually play - technique | style | type of game
How much spin you need or spin or even both

The above are relative to yuor style and technique, which when i see some players who maybe are nivice or lower leagues etc then they will maybe see little if any difference in the output of the rubber.

I play with it on Maze Off Blade so it does help the cause :)