Fake blue sponge provincial hurricane spotted - image analysis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
Being one of those who crazily want to try the blue sponge hurricane versions, I ordered a blue sponge hurricane3, supposedly provincial, but it seems to be FAKE. I can pretty confidently conclude this, becuase I have an orange-sponge provincial here, which plays absolutely wonderful (clearly superior to commercial, I played with it for a month now). Also the source of the orange sponge provincial is more reliable. I thought I post some pictures so that people like me out there can better identify theirs as true or fake.

Source of the fake h3: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...er-Ping-Pong-Rubber-NEW/413433_688404010.html

first of all, the fake version is much thicker than the real, although both sponge says 2.2 mm. The fake is thicker than 4 mm out of the package!!!

crosssection.jpg

- the surface is also different: grainy vs.completely smooth (as should be)
- the small DHS logo on the lines parallel to the base of the rubber is sharp on the orange sponge version but blurred on the blue.
- there is generally a better quality to the orange sponge one.

surfaceboth.jpg
surface of the fake:

surfacecloseupfake.jpg

surface of the real:

surfacecloseupreal.jpg

DHS logo real (note how sharp the small dhs logo is):

smalllogoreal.jpg

DHS logo fake:

smallogofake.jpg

To me, the texture and feel of the blue sponge (fake) one is more like GLobe 999 national. The sponge is kinda okay, I cannot see much difference from the orange version, (except thickness) but the topsheet of the fake one is crap. I havent played the blue sponge version yet, but I dont have high expectations. I will rather try to get my money back before I cut it.

I hope this helps guys, don't fall for the glorified blue sponge, probably there are more fakes out there than real ones. I bet you can get real ones for 100 dollars or more, but thats just not worth it (to me).

Reactions: bobpuls and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Read 2 reviews
Hello there in fact i bought the hurricane 3 rubber red 39d and black 41d , its really perfect in spin and speed.. now my worries are weather i got the original one or just i got the commercial normal rubber please need ur help ,i mean how to know? is there any marks , numbers or signs printed on the sheet or even at the rubber it self please if any one ever used this rubber can tell me how to know , good day and all the best .