• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
After a very successful English Open 2011 pro tour event, the Qatar Pro Tour is on its way. Starting from Wednesday 9th to Sunday 13th February in the amazing facility of the Qatar Sports Club in Doha.

timo_boll_22_12_08_large.jpg

Photo by Zhao Weizhen

After another successful ranking period for Timo Boll, he goes into the tournament seeded number 1. Guo Yan will go in seeded number 1 as the womens, however she has dropped to number to on the February ranking list.

The Qatar Open has witnessed many fantastic matches over the last few years and we can all expect the same again. One match inparticular is the 2009 final when Timo Boll beat Ma Lin in an epic final in 7 games.

Match can be seen here.

The current Olympic Champion will also be entering, so perhaps we may see a repeat on 2009 depending on the draw circumstances.

This tournament infact has all the top 10 except for the finest Vladimir Samsonov.
Participants included are chinese Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao, Wang Liqin and Xu Xin. Xu Xin, the first winner of the Pro Tour events in 2011 (Slovenia Open)

Other seeds are Mizutani (the talented left hander from Japan) will be playing. Joo Se Hyuk from Korea will be fighting for a final place competing at number 10 seed.

Same applies for the womens
In the womens event to complete the seeds are Guo Yan who has to get revenge on Ding Ning who Ding Ning beat her in the final of the English Open 2011.

guoyan_15_02_09_Large.jpg

Photo By: Ayoade Ademakinwa

Players filling the top 10 seeds in order are Feng Tianwei, Li Xiaoxia, Guo Yue, Kim Kyung Ah, Liu Shiwen, Ding Ning and the forums favourite Ai Fukuhara. Coming in at 10 seed due to the absence of Li Jiao is Singapore’s Wang Yuegu

So whos going to win this exciting tournament? Its a close call but we all have our favourites :)

Is Timo Boll going to prevail or will he not get through the wall of the Chinas Chinese team?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I really want to see Joo win one, if not, I want to see Ma Long and Timo in the final!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I want WLQ to win, but I voted for Xu Xin. I think Ma Long probably isn't at his best atm, since he is coming back from injury. So Xu Xin would probably face his greatest test against Wang Hao and WLQ.

Boll, only has Ma Lin and Zhang Jike to deal with, and maybe Mizutani.

Despite Boll beating Ma Lin in their last meeting, I still would take Ma Lin in their head to head any day of the week. And even if he is able to get past him, Zhang Jike has a good record against Boll, and his style matches well against Bolls.