Tenergies losing grip fast

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Hey guys,

I'm facing a big issue where both of my tenergies lose their grip quite fast, after 15 minutes of play time. They both go slippery for no reason, the topsheet looks really "dried" and there's like "sand" on it, and it can't lift anything, the ball just rebounds of it like from an anti-spin rubber. They're both unplayable in this state. I wash them daily with water, and every 2-3 days with yasaka rubber cleaner. And I do use plastic protection sheets.

What could be the issues? Before you ask, the rubbers are legitimate. And I should mention I bought both sheets a month ago.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
It depends how often do you play. If you play more then 3 times a week they might be already used. Cleaning will not help, you can just use dragon glue if you like. If you play less then 3 times a week there could be a problem of fake tenergies but it seems you are sure of them are original.
I also use tenergies, and they are little bit more durable then other rubbers, maybe 20-30%.

says Hello guys, I play the highest junior division in...
says Hello guys, I play the highest junior division in...
Jan 2012
Read 3 reviews
The sand you are refering to, are the marks new balls leave after being struck, this problem occures on all rubbers, what so ever. You just need to clean your rubbers during the session, just like spit on your rubber, this is not a problem with the Tenergy rubbers, it is just the new balls having this filth on them before used. I play Tenergy as well, and I have this habbit of cleaning my rubber after every poiny, just like breathe on it and wipe the dust of. I can assure you, it has nothing to do with the rubber, it is just more often to come on rubbers, which are a little tacky, as Tenergy is WAY more tacky than the Sigma rubbers. :)

wan

This user has no status.

wan

This user has no status.
Jun 2013
using rubber protector might be an option to maintain the rubber grip. My tenergy rubber was about 9 month old and it still has a good grip. I apply rubber protector once I finished play to make sure less exposure to the air surrounding. For your information, I use the rubber everyday for training.. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
using rubber protector might be an option to maintain the rubber grip. My tenergy rubber was about 9 month old and it still has a good grip. I apply rubber protector once I finished play to make sure less exposure to the air surrounding. For your information, I use the rubber everyday for training.. :)
And I do use plastic protection sheets.

I already do :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
2uoruhi.jpg

Here's a pic, there's no way It's a fake one(http://tt-japan.net)
(ignore the dirt, the protection sheet applied it)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
You can see my rubbers which I used last year. Both of the had 3 months. I play 2 times a week 1,5hour.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8385/acudas218.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6373/t05fx19.jpg

Tenergy is much better than acuda. Of course black rubber always shows more of usage but spin was much better with tenergy. For me if you play 6 times a week it is quite obvious that the rubber is used.
You can buy another equipment and use one for training and the other for matches.

Does your topsheet grab the ball or does it just slide?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
It is very likely there is high humidity where you are playing. Korea is also right now very humid in the clubs. In high humidity T05 and Xiom Omega II are the WORST possible rubbers, they turn into anti rubber fast.

Well I put the Sigmas on a Xiom Diva today and gave the blade to my dad to play with it. Like always, after 15 min my Tenergy has 0 grip but the Sigma II kept it's grip till the end of the session. So It's not humidity :/