Who do you think will win the Japan Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour?

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Wang Liqin

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Hao Shuai

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Gao Ning

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Adrian Crisan

• Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Jian Zhan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adrien Mattenet

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
2013 ITTF World Tour, Japan Open, Super Series 19 Jun 2013 - 23 Jun 2013, Yokohama, Japan

The China Open World Tour has come to an end and now we all move onto the Japan Open which is the seventh World Tour of the year. The Japan Open will take place in the city of Yokohama from Wednesday 19th to Sunday 23th June, a tournament with a total prize fund of 'unknown as of yet'. Chinese's Taipei's Chuang Chih Yuan leads the Men's Singles seedings at the upcoming ITTF World Tour Japan Open.

The Japan Open will see China's Hao Shuai and Wang Liqin in the main draw with Japan's Jun Mizutani and Koki Niwa giving their shot to take the title.

Total number of entries so far is: 167

Main Draw

Live matches from the Japan Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat!

chinese Taipei's Chuang Chih Yuan, the World #6 has entered the Japan Open as the #1 seed.

chuangjapan2013.jpg

Chuang Chih Yuan the no.1 seed, photo by: Saeed Khan / AFP - Getty Images

Men's Singles Seeds

haojapan2013.jpg

China's Hao Shuai enters the tournament as the #4 seed - Photo by: An Sang Ho

01) Chaung Chih-Yuan
02) Wang Liqin
03) Jun Mizutani
04) Hao Shuai
05) Gao Ning
06) Adrian Crisan
07) Koki Niwa
08) Jian Zhan
09) Adrien Mattenet
10) Chen Chien-An
11) Tang Peng
12) Taku Takakiwa
13) Kim Minseok
14) Andrej Gacina
15) Chan Kazuhiro
16) Li Hu

For full Men's entries click here

Women Singles Seeds

kasumijapan2013.jpg

Kasumi Ishikawa enters the tournament as the #1 seed - Photo by: Remy Gros

01) Kasumi Ishikawa
02) Ai Fukuhara
03) Jiang Huajun
04) Li Jiao
05) Yu Mengyu
06) Jeon Jihee
07) Cheng I-Ching
08) Sayaka Hirano
09) Lee Ho Ching
10) Matilda Ekholm
11) Huang Yi-Hua
12) Kristin Silbereisen
13) Hyunjung Moon
14) Gu Yuting
15) Misako Wakamiya
16) Chen Szu-Yu

For full Women's entries click here

Live matches from the Japan Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat!

What a line up! Can the recent WTTC doubles champion Chuang Chih Yuan prove his worth in the singles? Can veteran Wang Liqin show hes still got what it takes to compete with the best? Can the Japanese team cause a dent in the draw including Jun Mizutani, Koki Niwa and Kenta Matsudaira? Could Hao Shuai, last years China Open Champion cause upsets. European players including Adrian Crisan, Adrien Mattenet and Alexey Smirnov will all look to get their hands on the trophy.

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I predict koki niwa beating hao shuai in the final (even though i voted for hao shuai)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I think Jun Mizutani will have this one guys. He has been hiding a bit, this tournament will be great and any of the top 5 can win I think :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Competition is really close in this one, which is actually how it should be; and not with the Chinese dominating everything :p

Jun Mizutani, Kenta Matsudaira and other Japanese players play really good when they're on form. Japs tend to be really inconsistent, but since this is their home ground it should make things more interesting. Hao Shuai and Wang Liqin stand a pretty good chance with this one, along with Chuang, they'll probably all be in the semis. I voted for Wang on this one, so excited to see him play again :)

And to answer Yosua as well as to support vipt200's comment, the Chinese aren't playing due to the Super League beginning. Can't see any better reason or explanation for their absence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saadsa and Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Huge upset in round 2 !
Xu Chenhao posting a 4:0 win over Gao Ning !
Maybe another exciting prospect for the near future ? Maybe we are already seeing the first signs of the upcoming retirement of Ma Lin from the A-team :)

Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys, can you let me know on each day if you saw any great shots? The ITTF would like them for their shots of the days videos.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Nice to see all HK players in the round of 16..

Fukuhara looks very motivated.. but she is facing Lee Ho Ching again for a QF spot
Mizutani too in order to defend his title
Hope Niwa could give Mizutani a good fight though