PDA

View Full Version : Blade!!!!

ttestonia
06-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Hello, it me again and this time i have other problems. Now i have the rubbers forehand is Donic Bluefire M2 and backhand is DHS Skyline2. My playing style is close to the table attacking, but i like playing far away from the table. What blade should i buy??

Help!!

decoy
06-18-2013, 06:03 PM
why would you use skyline on bh ??? unless you are chopping or the rubber is boosted to kingdom come for bh loops and all that jazz

Alborz
06-18-2013, 06:14 PM
why would you use skyline on bh ??? unless you are chopping or the rubber is boosted to kingdom come for bh loops and all that jazz
yes , why are you using a tacky rubber on BH . it will not work unless you boost it to the hell or having a very big swing .

ttestonia
06-18-2013, 06:26 PM
You know, in estonia very many players play skyline on backhand.
And my training partner and estonia womens rating leader uses skyline 2 on backhand, and we are very happy with it!!
Now could you please help me with blades :D!!

decoy
06-18-2013, 07:25 PM
in that case some carbon blade. maybe pg13?

ttestonia
06-18-2013, 07:43 PM
i have right now andro super core cl all+

Benduo
06-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Unboosted skyline on the backhand is fine, thats what I have.
As for your blade, its too slow for mid-distance play, and if you like looping from mid-distance I would suggest the tibhar stratus powerwood.

Scorpnox
06-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Or a Pg 7?

ttestonia
06-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Thank you guy, but i was thinking maybe some kind of a timo boll blade? what do you think?

harveyaquino
06-19-2013, 02:01 PM
You can try Timo Boll ZLC, i think it has the enough power need for mid to far distance play. But you said your playing style is close to table and you want to play far from table? If you consider your play close to table, then is it safe to assume you generate alot of points with that style unlike playing far from table? Because generally what we want to do is different than what we actually do...

Anyway, if you decided to generally play far fro table, you can try Timo Boll ZLC. It has just enough power(maybe more than enough) to play like that.
But, Timo Boll ALC, which I'm using right now, is also good. It's good for close to mid play because it's slower,more dwelly than ZLC and still packs quite a punch.:)

Hope that helps.:)

ttestonia
06-19-2013, 05:23 PM
That is very helpful, when te new season begins i am gonna order timo boll w5.

DrMaigno
06-19-2013, 11:33 PM
I play quite the same style and I am looking also to buy the same blade or something simillar! Where will you buy it?

Bishop Rasta 27
06-20-2013, 08:49 AM
You can try Timo Boll ZLC, i think it has the enough power need for mid to far distance play. But you said your playing style is close to table and you want to play far from table? If you consider your play close to table, then is it safe to assume you generate alot of points with that style unlike playing far from table? Because generally what we want to do is different than what we actually do...

Anyway, if you decided to generally play far fro table, you can try Timo Boll ZLC. It has just enough power(maybe more than enough) to play like that.
But, Timo Boll ALC, which I'm using right now, is also good. It's good for close to mid play because it's slower,more dwelly than ZLC and still packs quite a punch.:)

hello there Kabayan,

i dont know if this is the right place to do this but i would like to sell my original setup for Php8K...Malin Carbon, Rakza 7, Tenergy 64...

i stil have extra bat to use...for now the above mentioned equipment were on different setups, i've got the malin carbon with H3 and Palio....while tenergy 64 is on my other bat, a friendship 729 blade and 729 Super FX on BH....iv'e got the rakza7 as an extra rubber suppose to use it when my 729superFX is worn out...

if interested, pls txt me on this number 09394866957 or 09175842841....

keep playin'

harveyaquino
06-20-2013, 12:36 PM
hello there Kabayan,

i dont know if this is the right place to do this but i would like to sell my original setup for Php8K...Malin Carbon, Rakza 7, Tenergy 64...

i stil have extra bat to use...for now the above mentioned equipment were on different setups, i've got the malin carbon with H3 and Palio....while tenergy 64 is on my other bat, a friendship 729 blade and 729 Super FX on BH....iv'e got the rakza7 as an extra rubber suppose to use it when my 729superFX is worn out...

if interested, pls txt me on this number 09394866957 or 09175842841....

keep playin'

Hello there!:)

I just bought my second ALC. kaya medyo wala pa ko fund. Anyway, I'll update you once mayroon akong teammate na interested.

Der_Echte
06-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Unboosted skyline on the backhand is fine, thats what I have.
As for your blade, its too slow for mid-distance play, and if you like looping from mid-distance I would suggest the tibhar stratus powerwood.

I have an Andro ALL+ core blade I use in the army camps and with Tibhar Aurus, I can do pretty well at mid distance with it. It is the close to the table game where I would like more speed. On the other hand, these nice ALL+ blades really allow you to hit through the ball on BH wing close to the table.

One of my active Galaxy 896 with Andro Rasant 2.1 alien green sponge is simply a beast on FH from distance with that ALL+ blade.

I would say his blade is OK if he likes it, just have a FH rubber with some pop that he likes and he should be just fine.

Bishop Rasta 27
06-21-2013, 04:29 AM

hello again!!!

i see that you preferred a composite blade...have you tried all wood? i like an all wood blade due to the feel and dwell time...
i'm thinking of having a new setup: my list includes Timo Boll W7, Mazunov, or Stiga Intensity NCT for the blade and Tenergy 64FX, Bluefire JP03 for the rubbers? what do you suggest...

i play both close and far from the table, play both defense and offense...

hope we could meet soon, by the way we're you from, are you originally from Baguio?

Bishop Rasta 27
06-21-2013, 05:25 AM
That is very helpful, when te new season begins i am gonna order timo boll w5.

hello there!

looking forward for your short comment about timo boll w5 once you've used them....

'm planning to have timo boll w7,still tight on budget...

Scorpnox
06-21-2013, 08:58 AM
hello there!

looking forward for your short comment about timo boll w5 once you've used them....

'm planning to have timo boll w7,still tight on budget...

Why don't you buy a Clipper then?

ttestonia
06-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Yes, soon when the summer ends i am gonna buy this blade.

harveyaquino
06-21-2013, 12:31 PM
hello again!!!i see that you preferred a composite blade...have you tried all wood? i like an all wood blade due to the feel and dwell time...i'm thinking of having a new setup: my list includes Timo Boll W7, Mazunov, or Stiga Intensity NCT for the blade and Tenergy 64FX, Bluefire JP03 for the rubbers? what do you suggest...i play both close and far from the table, play both defense and offense...hope we could meet soon, by the way we're you from, are you originally from Baguio?

I started from an Stiga all-wood blade 6 years ago (I think), then when I felt I finally grasp my basics and needed a bit of speed for those kill shots, I moved to composites starting from Xiom Ignito, which is really good for my game, it has hinoki with carbon, nice touch and weight and a bit more powerful than my Stiga all-wood before, and now I moved to the ALC and I felt it suited me more.

Anyway, I'm not fond of really heavy blades, I think the heaviest among the blades you listed is Mazunov, I've tried it and a bit hated it. It's faster than my Stiga all-wood since it is rated Off+, powerful and stable, but the downside was the weight, which gave me wrist injuries. If you're looking for all-wood blades, try Stiga (they're one of the best in all-wood), nice wood quality touch and reasonably priced. You can try what others have suggested, the Stiga Clipper. I haven't personally tried it but reviews said it is a nice blade for a reasonable price.

I'm originally from Pangasinan. I stay in Baguio because of studies.
Hope to play with you and other Filipino TTD members!:)

Kenta Cipriano
06-22-2013, 02:25 PM

This dude is opening your eyes,Clipper wood is one of the best all wood blades,together with Yasaka Max wood and DHS PG7...prices are near,being the Stiga the most expensive.
Believe me when i say,you will not regret Bishop Rasta 27!

Keep trainin' :)

Bishop Rasta 27
06-25-2013, 02:59 AM

thanks man...i would love to try that, it was also suggested by most players i've known in our locality and here in the TTD...gonna have it then....

thanks...

UpSideDownCarl
06-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Cannot go wrong with a Stiga Clipper. It is one of the best all wood blades out there. I love the Clipper. Here in NYC, I know more pros who use the Clipper than any other blade. More pros in NYC use the Clipper than use all the Butterfly Timo Boll blades combined. I personally like the Classic Clipper with the solid handle, not the WRB handle. But all the versions of the Clipper are really great.

Kenta Cipriano
06-25-2013, 03:34 AM
If you find yasaka max wood (jean-phillip gatien),you should consider that too.
I have used both,clipper at long time from a friend,and it was suberb,but when i tried Max Wood,i just thought that i would never change this blade.Not by the thing that i dont to lose time developing my game with another one,but because since the 1st time i played with it,it felt like a peace of me.
Yeah,and it goes now at 12 years back already,when i 1st said that.
Tried many all wood blades,some andro (old & new), many donic's (being the waldner's series which i found best),butterfly's (from all til off+),and sure the one's i already mentioned(stiga and yasaka),which gave me the most feel and control,with the speed i needed!
As you can see,Clipper/MaxWood/PG7 are made from the same materials,being the only change the kind of glue they use to get the plies together,and the method of doing so.

-DHS PG7 = limba - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - limba
-Stiga Clipper = limba - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - limba
-Yasaka Max Wood = limba - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - limba

Not trying you to buy something like me(thats up to you),but i would definitely give it a chance :)
Best of luck in your shoppings.

Keep trainin'

decoy
06-25-2013, 03:35 AM
When in doubt clipper wood

Bishop Rasta 27
06-25-2013, 04:33 AM
This dude is opening your eyes,Clipper wood is one of the best all wood blades,together with Yasaka Max wood and DHS PG7...prices are near,being the Stiga the most expensive.
Believe me when i say,you will not regret Bishop Rasta 27!

Big Thanks Man!

I will....
:)

Kenta Cipriano
06-26-2013, 05:07 AM
Big Thanks Man!

I will....
:)

No problem mate,just doing what i find right,trying to help. :)
Hope you have fun with your new blade, and most important ,that fits you too! :D
Any doubts just ask.

greetings