Blade sensitivity to spin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
With tenergy 05 and 64 they both are extremely sensitive to spin, in order to create more spin, and when someone loops heavy topspin off backspin it is very hard to block or topspin back without it flying away. I have tried out some of my friends bats with the same tenergy 05 but on different blades and I am able to loop drive close to table off heavy topspin. They are also able to do so. Are there different blades which are best for this and if so which ones. I was thinking it was hinoki or just soft blades but I've seen people with hard carbon blades hit through topspin. Is it blade thickness?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Soft blades provide better information about what happens when you hit the ball. If a player with a hard blade can counterloop with ease, that means his technique is good, its not a matter of a blade or rubbers. If you know how to counterloop you can do it with a 30$ paddle from eacheng.net

So its all about technique not equipment. Whether you like soft or hard blades, just practice for a long time (at least a year) sticking with the same rubber/blade setup and you will see significant improvement in all of your strokes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
its more technique than anything else.. blade composition structure only provide the optimum feel from one blade to the next, which is interpreted differently by you or me.. it really goes down to what feels best for you... but i would say softer high dwell blades help as they will allow a bigger margin for error

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
The rule of the thumb (given that the same rubber is used is the same) is that:
The stiffer the blade, the less sensitive the overall setup is to spin.
The more flex the blade has, the more sensitive the overall setup is to spin.

Reason: Mostly dwell time.

That's what I know at this point. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.