This user has no status.
Apr 2013
20091209062028b.jpg

HANNIBAL
Amongst all the blades,
There remains only one last question.
Choose carbon or not?

Amongst all the carbon blades,
There remains some questions stop us to buy more.
Less feeling, less spin and heavier weight.

Nexy will have been selling this "Hannibal" blade
for more than 100 years long from today.
For it has very sensitive feeling contrary to maximum power and spin.
Still the weight of it will be very light.

What else can we expect more?

[1] thethinker
Blade: Nexy Hannibal
Type: OFF- (Carbon)
Ply: 3W+2C
Peers: (not really except being carbon) Primorac Carbon, Gergely, Sardius, Schlager.
Speed: 6.5/10, not as fast as Oscar (7/10) (Butterfly PC 8.0/10, Schlager Carbon,9.0/10)
Control: 9/10, fantastic.
Feel: medium to soft feel.
Weight: 92 gr. again same balance as Oscar, same center.
Handle: ST
Rubbers: FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1mm, BH: Butterfly Sriver G2FX 1.9mm tuned

Review:
Day 1,initial impression. Nexy Hannibal is also a Nexy blade that has the distinct feel and features of a Butterfly blade.
I like the round, straight, comfortable handle and red and green (good luck) paint job but not the thickness of about 7mm.
Some might think it's chunky. A ball bouncing on the blade gives a pitch that is just above that of the Stiga Clipper and below that of the Oscar.

Hannibal is a rather surprising carbon blade. It is not fast and has fantastic control.
It's slower than Oscar with a softer feel in both handle and playing surfaces. It doesn't have Oscar's springy middle layer.
It's faster than Nittaku Acoustic, slower than Butterfly A/C blades, and closer to 7-ply Clipper in speed.
It has all the feel of a carbon blade but not the quite the speed as most carbon.

It's different than Grubba Carbon because of a different feel, less flex, thicker, and faster. It's closer to PC but not quite the speed and with a softer feel. So a completely different blade no matter which blade you compare it to. It's an enjoyable task for us reviewers to try all these unique blades, Oscar, Color, Hannibal, etc. that is different than any blades we played. Hannibal is the only carbon blade in its speed class I have used. This blade requires Tenergy forehand because I am used to a fast setup. Hurricane would be slightly slow and too much control. Turns out used softer Tenergy is the perfect rubber for this blade. This combo gives a nice stable topspin. Topspin after topspin, I just can't seem to miss. The control gets an A. The power (from the combo) is awesome. The speed is very decent with Tenergy 2.1mm! I can't decide which is better, Chinese rubber with Oscar or Tenergy with Hannibal. The loops are not as spiny with Tenergy/Hannibal combo but the shots are more effortless.
The blocking, topspin defense, and short game are, like the loops, easy to control.

This is a blade for the all-round offensive player who wants a complete game.
This is a very complete blade, just the right speed for me. Any less would be too slow and any faster I can't use Tenergy for forehand.
This blade is good for close-to-the table as well as away (pairing with Tenergy).
It has enough control that those who are ready to try a carbon blade should take a look at this one.
It's a perfect first carbon blade that still has some advantages of wood. They wouldn't feel a big departure from what they are used to.
It is quite the blade for those of us that find most composite blades too fast for Tenergy.
A monster combo, Tenergy and Hannibal equal control and power!

Improvement: I like to see a slightly thinner blade if possible. Not by much, just 0.2mm-0.3mm.

More info here : http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=581&b_code=B20091201071556&c_code=C20091202014952

Last edited:
says I am Newbie in this forum...please take care of me...tq
says I am Newbie in this forum...please take care of me...tq
Mar 2012
Read 1 reviews
Somehow, I never tested Hannibal. Might have to ask Manager Lee or Jung for a test haha.

U should ask Mr Jung to test Nexy Hannibal blade... Use this great opportunity as sponsored KFTTC player... Hehe:)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2