I feel cheated on....

This user has no status.
I got a new blade with rubbers and I feel like crap. The blade is Avalox Blue Thunder 777, which is also curved. The rubbers are Friendship 729 FX Blue Sponge 2.0 mm on fh and Friendship 729 FX Super Soft 2.2 mm on backhand. And they stopped gripping on the third day of playing. I don't understand, what should I do now? Sell it and use my before used raquet?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I got a new blade with rubbers and I feel like crap. The blade is Avalox Blue Thunder 777, which is also curved. The rubbers are Friendship 729 FX Blue Sponge 2.0 mm on fh and Friendship 729 FX Super Soft 2.2 mm on backhand. And they stopped gripping on the third day of playing. I don't understand, what should I do now? Sell it and use my before used raquet?

Those are tacky rubbers, right? The Joola 4 All are non-tacky rubbers. The tacky rubbers will collect and attract a lot of dust. They need to be cared for differently than non-tacky rubbers. So these guys might be right. You may need to clean them, or, what Der_Echte was talking about which is a method of getting the topsheet to be grippy again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
When you buy tacky rubbers sometimes they begin life "sticky" rather than "grippy". By that I mean that if you were to put the ball on the table and put the bat on top and then lift the bat - the ball may actually stick to the bat for a moment or two. That effect is because the rubbers are brand new but it does not last and I do not think it is meant to.

Is that what has happened to you?

Surprised if the rubbers have lost their expected "grip or "spin" effect so soon especially as you seem to be cleaning them.

There are a lot of players who do not like or use cleaners as whilst they clean they can also reduce the playing life of the rubber. Not used the olive oil and lemon juice combination myself but may do when my current rubbers "go off" a little.

This user has no status.
Now this may sound counter intuitive, but.... Go buy some "sticky stuff remover" from staples or somewhere.

Couple of drops on a micro fibre cloth wrapped round your finger and clean your rubbers. You'll have to be quick as it'll evaporate. Don't use a sponge, even makeup sponges won't work.

Don't get it on the sponge though or it'll expand way beyond belief and never shrink back.

I do this once a week on my TG 3 then put a protective cover sheet on. Never had a problem.

S

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
from my experience with many tacky rubbers, I suppose you were just unlucky and purchased a "bad" product. All 729 rubbers i have bought lasted for about 2 months maximum with 3 trainings per week.

In general there arent more than 10 rubbers with lower price than 10 $ which can last for a significant amount of time so be careful.

I suppose you bought them from eacheng.net, he is a good merchant you should notify him about this, regardless of their "identity" (tacky or grippy). A 5-10 $ rubber should last at least 1.5-2 months 3-4 training sessions per week in my opinion