Differences between sriver fx,DHS skyline 2 neo and skyline 3 neo

This user has no status.
I stopped playing for a long time,and atm im interested in one of this DHS rubbers,since im playing Sriver Fx in FH,and is too slow in many ways(too soft in my blade too),not generating the spin that i expect it too(and no,is not damaged or something,the rubber is ok).
The DHS skyline rubbers seem to fit my playing style,just would like to know which should i get,since i never got the chance to try any of them,just Hurricane 3 normal commercial,and not boosted.
Im a fast counter attack looper,playing with a soft attack blade,with nice dwell time.You can say its pretty similar to Stiga clipper.
Im looking for a Fh rubber with speed to help me finish my points easier,but with the spin,cuz i need to get my loops going strong,close and cross-court too.
Which one should suit better? TG skyline 2 neo or 3 neo?
Thanks again :)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I've used H3 NEO as a BH sometimes, and in summer as an emergency FH rubber.

I can confidently say H3 is not as mushy as Sriver FX, has much better pace, and the spin is much better.

Back in the old-days, the players speed glued the crap outta Sriver FX as that sponge could really soak up the glue and turn it into a beast.

I do not see the man-crush on Sriver rubbers in the post glue era. You will not see me clapping my hands for everyone to buy Sriver.

Reactions: Kenta Cipriano
This user has no status.
I've used H3 NEO as a BH sometimes, and in summer as an emergency FH rubber.

I can confidently say H3 is not as mushy as Sriver FX, has much better pace, and the spin is much better.

Back in the old-days, the players speed glued the crap outta Sriver FX as that sponge could really soak up the glue and turn it into a beast.

I do not see the man-crush on Sriver rubbers in the post glue era. You will not see me clapping my hands for everyone to buy Sriver.

Indeed mate,i agree with you on that.Sriver era has gone,but i got mine at long time ago(since i stoped playing,at speed glue era),and since i dont have anyone more atm,thats why im trying to get some aspects from it,to "compare" to something that im using atm.
The downsides i see atm with sriver fx(2.1mm i guess) is the soft sponge,miss of speed on smashes,and the spin that i strongly need too move the ball around and serve.
h3 neo i heard just well of it.h3 normal unboosted was nice for BH,but for Fh i missed the "grab" of the ball on loop(the gripness) ,maybe bcuz it was unboosted i guess.
I heard and reed that the skylines are more the kind for spin and control,but i would like to know if they got enough speed,to kill a point(and yes,i got a good forehand,strong,precise),cuz sriver fx makes the ball slow on smashes,what makes me put too much effort on my rallies.
Help appreciated Der_Echte & Wan.
Hope that someone can tell me more about the DHS TG's neo series in a Stiga Clipper,if you dont have experience with Yasaka Max Wood.
That would be awesome. :)
Thanks again,

Keep trainin'

Skyline 2 creates massive spin, but keep in mind that these are Chinese rubbers and are not fast. The tackiness on mine wore off quite quickly but the topsheet is now very grippy and creates the same, if not even more spin that before, Im in disbelief really....

If you have a good technique- a powerful straight arm forehand loop and can transfer your weight during the loop then skyline 2 has more than enough pace to put the ball away and finish off the point.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You never asked, since you were specifically asking about NEO series, but...

You would simply LOVE Tibhar Aurus on your FH. Plays like a much faster version of Original Sriver. has gears, has speed, has spin, has control. can be used on a wide variety of blades. Sure, the sponge is hard, but the topsheet is special and it WORKS. I have used it successfully on every blade I have tested and it works great on the current (temporary, until NEXY Arirang comes out) ALL+ class flexy looping blade I am using right now. Aurus is relatively inexpensive for a modern rubber. I get it pretty cheap with my discount, but you can probably find a European website selling it at around USD low $30s if you look hard enough.

I tried Skyline 2 Neo on BH once and on flexy blades, it didn't work, also felt strange on my TBS. You really need a forward solid inpact stroke to get the most out of that rubber.

H3 Neo is a lot more dynamic and allround OFF, It plays kinda like a 1/2 tacky Sriver hard sponge.

Another one to consider is the 999 topsheet. it is 1/2 tacky, very durable, and an excellent allround OFF topsheet. It deos very well in the summer and you can custom glue it to your favored sponge if you can get it separately.

Cole from www.colestt.com can glue that to a number of different sponges with different hardness. I would say the dawei Quattro sponge works best and there are 3 different hardness 35, 40, 42. You would like the 40 degree. It costs $15 USD to make one sheet, which is less than a sheet of H3 neo. Internatinal shipping prolly runs over $10, but maybe less for just a sheet of rubber. email him and ask.

For a few years, I used 999 on 42 Quattro and it worked great. Excellent control rubber.

I currently use a $7 rubber on BH, XP 2008 Super Power, which is 40 degree sponge and plays like a medium hard sponged Sriver. It doesn't last as long as Sriver. NOTHING lasts as long as Sriver. 999 topsheet is nearly bulletproof. You hit an edge with 999, your might have to worry about the edge instead of your topsheet.

This user has no status.
You never asked, since you were specifically asking about NEO series, but...

You would simply LOVE Tibhar Aurus on your FH. Plays like a much faster version of Original Sriver. has gears, has speed, has spin, has control. can be used on a wide variety of blades. Sure, the sponge is hard, but the topsheet is special and it WORKS. I have used it successfully on every blade I have tested and it works great on the current (temporary, until NEXY Arirang comes out) ALL+ class flexy looping blade I am using right now. Aurus is relatively inexpensive for a modern rubber. I get it pretty cheap with my discount, but you can probably find a European website selling it at around USD low $30s if you look hard enough.

I tried Skyline 2 Neo on BH once and on flexy blades, it didn't work, also felt strange on my TBS. You really need a forward solid inpact stroke to get the most out of that rubber.

H3 Neo is a lot more dynamic and allround OFF, It plays kinda like a 1/2 tacky Sriver hard sponge.

Another one to consider is the 999 topsheet. it is 1/2 tacky, very durable, and an excellent allround OFF topsheet. It deos very well in the summer and you can custom glue it to your favored sponge if you can get it separately.

Cole from www.colestt.com can glue that to a number of different sponges with different hardness. I would say the dawei Quattro sponge works best and there are 3 different hardness 35, 40, 42. You would like the 40 degree. It costs $15 USD to make one sheet, which is less than a sheet of H3 neo. Internatinal shipping prolly runs over $10, but maybe less for just a sheet of rubber. email him and ask.

For a few years, I used 999 on 42 Quattro and it worked great. Excellent control rubber.

I currently use a $7 rubber on BH, XP 2008 Super Power, which is 40 degree sponge and plays like a medium hard sponged Sriver. It doesn't last as long as Sriver. NOTHING lasts as long as Sriver. 999 topsheet is nearly bulletproof. You hit an edge with 999, your might have to worry about the edge instead of your topsheet.

Sorry for the time to reply,

thats a nice answer.
I already thought in combine a topsheet with sponge,it could work,and is cheap.
But By FH,is my BH sometimes(Twiddling),since i use Super-anti.
I roll the bat to change between rubbers sometimes,to attack with BH with normal reversed,and change for Super-anti for block,and some counters.
I cant be spending much money,and that why i asked for some help here.
I've a pretty solid technique with both wings(defending and attacking),thats why i changed for super-anti,only to change the timmings of gameplay.
Der_Echte,do you find tibhar aurus any similar to grip-s?
Thanks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thanks for all answers.
I dont want mushy sponges,since my blade is already to flexy.
Is Tibhar evolution a Good Back & Forehand ?not mushy?
Bluefire i tried M3,it was good for looping,blocking,but i felt like it was missing the speed.(i was trying it on a Donic epox offensive,not mine)
i used to play MarkV(2.0mm) back at time,before speedglue ban.It was perfect for twiddle.
Now...im confused ,cuz there are so many rubbers,and i dont have the chance to try even 1/4 of it!
Im really thankfull for your answers,im seeing it helping me with time.

Greetings & keep trainin...

BTw today no trainin´,Its too HOT in my town (25 degrees,no wind) -_- :D

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Kenta, sorry, I never tried Grip-S.

I am on day 3 of using Aurus Soft for the first time on an ALL+ flexy looping blade. I am missing NOTHING in terms of spin and control. I thought it would be mushy, but it really isn't. The only difference is it is not quite as fast and it feels softer. I thought it would be a fail on FH, but I have the same results using it on FH.

Aurus is kinda like a faster, spinnier version of Sriver, but of course different feel. Throw is medium, pace is good, control is good, I like the feel and that is an individual thing. Aurus seems to work well on every blade I tested.

Aurus soft looks to have the same sponge as Genius.

I have used Aurus as FH rubber for almost 2 years and love it. I switched from T05 as it got too expensive.

If you have that forward swinging open face bang-impact kinda piledriving stroke, then you will like the Skyline series. If you like to play a flexible OFF attacking game using different FH topspins, you will like Aurus and Aurus Soft.

This user has no status.
Thanks for reply

I guess i will go with skyline 2 ,since it is faster and harder sponge then skyline 3,and is also cheaper then the Tibhar rubbers.
If i do not get the results i expect,i will try to get a Aurus(normal),Soft would be too much soft for my blade i think.
Everything about tenergies are out of question,they are just too expensive for a rubber.(my idea)
Would be better Skyline 2 normal or neo,since im thinking to use boost on it?
Thanks for all the helpful replies,ur guys are pretty friendly :)
Hugs for all

This user has no status.
By the way,i was using sriver FX(for twiddle),not Skyline 2 neo as is on my equipment.(skyline2neo was the rubber i was thinking on 1st to get)
I ordered DHS tg2 neo (red,2.15mm) with some falco long booster.I will see how it fits.
Can someone advice me something about Falco booster on Skyline series?
Thanks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way,i was using sriver FX(for twiddle),not Skyline 2 neo as is on my equipment.(skyline2neo was the rubber i was thinking on 1st to get)
I ordered DHS tg2 neo (red,2.15mm) with some falco long booster.I will see how it fits.
Can someone advice me something about Falco booster on Skyline series?
Thanks

Oh well, if you look at most of the pros from China they use H3 or Skyline3. That is the faster one. I hope Skyline2 is good for you. I think, if you used SriverFX back in the day, the guys who were saying Tenergy had a good point. Tenergy 05FX might be perfect for you. And Der_Echte has a point also: Tibar Aurus or Aurus Soft.

Tacky rubbers are soooooo different from what you are used to. You need a whole different kind of contact, a completely different stroke, and those tacky DHS rubbers are for big, BIG swings. Look at the Chinese forehand: from the shoulder. That is how you get the most out of that rubber. I guess, if it comes and you are having trouble with it at first, just give it a month's time to try and adjust to it. Sometimes it takes a while to adjust to that kind of tacky rubber from smooth, grippy, non-tacky rubber. But, if your technique is good, you will adjust to it and, in the end, it may be just what you want.

I do hope that what you ordered works for you. But, if it does not, you might want one of the glue effect rubbers mentioned by a few people.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, information you should know. What you asked at the beginning of this thread is the differences between Skyline and Sriver FX.

Sriver FX is a soft sponge with non-tacky, grippy topsheet.

Skyline series is a hard Chinese sponge with tacky (sticky) non-grippy topsheet.

With a non-tacky, grippy topsheet, and a soft bouncy sponge, the ball sinks into the sponge and then the topsheet grabs the ball and catapults it out, thus creating the spin and speed. With this kind of rubber you can take a small, compact swing and generate a lot of spin and speed.

With tacky rubbers, the sponge is hard and does not give that much. The topsheet is sticky and sticks to the surface of the ball. If you take a Skyline rubber or a Hurricane, you can press the ball into the topsheet with the racket facing down and then pick the ball up with the racket still facing down. This means, that for loops and spin, you want to barely touch the ball and let the topsheet stick to the ball as you spin. The sponge does not catapult the ball out so your stroke has to have the speed and acceleration to spin the ball and project it forward which means you have to have a big powerful stroke to get the top gears out of this kind of rubber. Like a Chinese style forehand.

Advantages to bouncy non-tacky softer sponge. With less effort you get more spin and speed for looping at mid-distance and away from the table. With good technique you can play all aspects of the game with minimum effort. Disadvantages: harder to control short game and spin on serves if you are not used to this kind of rubber.

Advantages to hard sponge tacky rubber. More gears. Many more gears. You have a lot of control for short game. You can make short touch shots that would be much harder to make with a bouncy rubber. Close to the table looping at the highest gears has a ton of spin and speed. Easy to get a lot of spin on serves and pushes. Disadvantages: mid-range where you need to take a controlled loop with a compact stroke, it is harder to do with tacky rubbers because the tacky rubber will not catapult the ball and therefore you have to swing harder which can compromise your reset. Smashes are not as fast. If you watch the players on the Chinese national team, when they smash, they flip their racket from the black, Hurricane side to the red Tenergy side. Because rubbers like Tenergy are way WAY faster for driving, smashing and flat hitting because of the difference in the sponge.

What else? Who has more information on the differences for Kenta Cipriano?

This user has no status.
By the way, information you should know. What you asked at the beginning of this thread is the differences between Skyline and Sriver FX.

Sriver FX is a soft sponge with non-tacky, grippy topsheet.

Skyline series is a hard Chinese sponge with tacky (sticky) non-grippy topsheet.

With a non-tacky, grippy topsheet, and a soft bouncy sponge, the ball sinks into the sponge and then the topsheet grabs the ball and catapults it out, thus creating the spin and speed. With this kind of rubber you can take a small, compact swing and generate a lot of spin and speed.

With tacky rubbers, the sponge is hard and does not give that much. The topsheet is sticky and sticks to the surface of the ball. If you take a Skyline rubber or a Hurricane, you can press the ball into the topsheet with the racket facing down and then pick the ball up with the racket still facing down. This means, that for loops and spin, you want to barely touch the ball and let the topsheet stick to the ball as you spin. The sponge does not catapult the ball out so your stroke has to have the speed and acceleration to spin the ball and project it forward which means you have to have a big powerful stroke to get the top gears out of this kind of rubber. Like a Chinese style forehand.

Advantages to bouncy non-tacky softer sponge. With less effort you get more spin and speed for looping at mid-distance and away from the table. With good technique you can play all aspects of the game with minimum effort. Disadvantages: harder to control short game and spin on serves if you are not used to this kind of rubber.

Advantages to hard sponge tacky rubber. More gears. Many more gears. You have a lot of control for short game. You can make short touch shots that would be much harder to make with a bouncy rubber. Close to the table looping at the highest gears has a ton of spin and speed. Easy to get a lot of spin on serves and pushes. Disadvantages: mid-range where you need to take a controlled loop with a compact stroke, it is harder to do with tacky rubbers because the tacky rubber will not catapult the ball and therefore you have to swing harder which can compromise your reset. Smashes are not as fast. If you watch the players on the Chinese national team, when they smash, they flip their racket from the black, Hurricane side to the red Tenergy side. Because rubbers like Tenergy are way WAY faster for driving, smashing and flat hitting because of the difference in the sponge.

What else? Who has more information on the differences for Kenta Cipriano?

I guess this is the info i needed at all.
Usually i only played sriver fx because i got no other sheet,my forehand used to be Yakasa MArkV (which i loved).
When i get the topic asking about differents from skyline 2 compared to sriver fx,was because i dont like sriver Fx in my blade,its too mushy,too soft,and i was trying to find something harder.
Because normally i play close to the table,and i only go back for defend sometimes,i was thinking about the skyline 2 neo,i think that i can adapt to it,since i got a nice body movement.For the twiddle game is what makes me worry,if i can handle it switching around from FH to BH,i by other side,the killing strokes,since my BH is a super-anti :D
If after a while i find some trouble,i will go for Tibhar Aurus.
There's a normal (medium-hard) and soft sponge of aurus?Or many types like tenergy?
Thanks UpSideDownCarl , your answer was clarified enough about tacky or non-tacky differences. :)

Keep trainin'

This user has no status.
Kenta, sorry, I never tried Grip-S.

I am on day 3 of using Aurus Soft for the first time on an ALL+ flexy looping blade. I am missing NOTHING in terms of spin and control. I thought it would be mushy, but it really isn't. The only difference is it is not quite as fast and it feels softer. I thought it would be a fail on FH, but I have the same results using it on FH.

Aurus is kinda like a faster, spinnier version of Sriver, but of course different feel. Throw is medium, pace is good, control is good, I like the feel and that is an individual thing. Aurus seems to work well on every blade I tested.

Aurus soft looks to have the same sponge as Genius.

I have used Aurus as FH rubber for almost 2 years and love it. I switched from T05 as it got too expensive.

If you have that forward swinging open face bang-impact kinda piledriving stroke, then you will like the Skyline series. If you like to play a flexible OFF attacking game using different FH topspins, you will like Aurus and Aurus Soft.

Der_Echte,my blade as alot of feeling already with the Sriver fx,i want to miss a bit of that,in trade of speed.
Would you think that Aurus normal sponge have that trade for me from your experience?You can compare my blade to a Stiga clipper wood i would said.(If you never tried mine)

Thanks again and sorry for all my doubts! :)

Greetings all

This user has no status.
...and about tenergies,they can be nice in this blade(never tried on it),but i got a sheet of T05 red at 4 years ago,in a YEO(at that time i used speed glue,cuz i got no other one),i found it with no dwell time at all,and by this way, too fast.Im trying not make the same mistake before try it on max wood,since ternergies are pretty expensive.