Penhold blades??

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys/girls.. can you suggest a good chinese penhold racket :) comment below thnx

I also play with the Stiga Hybrid wood blade as a shakehand player, its a fantastic blade!... but i Know there is a penhold version that Xu Xin uses... Im sure its great! :)

However im sure there is penholded players on this forum here to assist you

Dan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Two blades that are good for CPen starters would be Yasaka Extra and Stiga Allround NCT Wood (both ALL+/Off-). They have good control and they are thin + light enough to put 2 rubbers on. Because CPen is usually close to the table, you don't really need a powerful rubber like the tensors and Tenergy. Another blade I like (for one side CPen) is BTY Chinese Real (with Sriver EL), but this blade is hard to find now.

says Hi I am a Table tennis player in the Philippines. Im...
Dec 2010
I also play with the Stiga Hybrid wood blade as a shakehand player, its a fantastic blade!... but i Know there is a penhold version that Xu Xin uses... Im sure its great! :)

However im sure there is penholded players on this forum here to assist you

Dan
How about Ma lin Carbon ?is it better if your racket has carbon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
How about Ma lin Carbon ?is it better if your racket has carbon?
I haven't tried MLC, but I have the ML soft carbon which is a very good blade.
I have asked in another forum what set up CPen players prefer. Most (myself included) liked a 5 ply wood.
Some good OFF blades, faster than the YE and Stiga All. NCT, would be YEO and Stiga Off. NCT (both 5 ply).
Stiga Hybrid Wood is quite fast.

Dec 2010
I haven't tried MLC, but I have the ML soft carbon which is a very good blade.
I have asked in another forum what set up CPen players prefer. Most (myself included) liked a 5 ply wood.
Some good OFF blades, faster than the YE and Stiga All. NCT, would be YEO and Stiga Off. NCT (both 5 ply).
Stiga Hybrid Wood is quite fast.

What the difference between ma lin soft carbon and Ma lin carbon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Yasaka extra offensive is good i recently switched to penhold and its not hard to get used to if ur used to fast ,stiffish blades and well it depends on the rubbers u put on it will depend on the control u get from it .

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am surprised nobody mentioned the Darker Speed 90 one ply Hinoki blade. I know several high level cpen players who use this. I felt it, it is pretty amazing. One ply Hinoki is something that does not work so well for shakehand even though this blade has a shakehand version. But a 9 mm one ply Hinoki blade is really nice for penhold.