Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
New Prize Giveaway...

My friends who were participating in the English Open gave me the players bag they got given to them to giveaway to you guys here! :) A programme also comes with the bags which is a good read.

So i thank them - Gaving Rumgay and Dave Cochrane

SAM_0954.jpgSAM_0953.jpgSAM_0957.jpgSAM_0955.jpg

For your chance to win one of these player bags, all you have to do is post below your favourite table tennis match of all time thats on the website www.youtube.com.

Paste the link below in this thread and explain why its the best... maybe because its your favourite two players neck and neck or perhaps you have other reasons.

Me and the moderators will pick the top 10 best games and explanations. The top 10 will go into a prize draw

Nice and simple! :)

-----PRIZE DRAW CLOSED, WILL BE ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS by 7th March, sorry for the wait-----

Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Nice bag ;) Maybe I can win this time :D

World Cup 2010 Jun Mizutani - Zhang Jike

Reason: I saw this match live on german tv and I can remember like it was yesterday. I have thought it would be an easy win for Zhang Jike, so I rooted for Mizutani .... and he played amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes but Mizutani eke out a 3-0 lead,but because of a wrong service he lost the fourth set ..... Jun kept fighting and get with amazing defence a match point! I jumped from my sofa ;) I thought Mizutani got it! He will beat Zhang. But who woould have thought it ? Zhang, the ice cold rebel turn the set and the complete match. He was 3-0 down and Jun got a matchpoint . Respect Zhang ! Best Match I have ever seen on TV!

says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fee_GZUUelw
says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fee_GZUUelw
Nov 2010

Champions League: Timo Boll - Vladimir Samsonov

this is my favourite youtube match because of the nice rallies and most of all the mental strength of samsonov. Timo was leading 2-1, 10-3 but samsonov keeps fighting till the end and wins the match,nobody has ever thought he could win the match with 7 matchballs in a row against him,Boll couldn't believe what he was seeing but you know seeing is believing. What i also very liked was that the crowd never gave up even at 10-3. i'm sure this was one of the most historical matches ever thumbs up !!! pick me plz lol[/SIZE]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
All time favorite! You must agree!

I have to say this is one of my favorites. It's hard to narrow it down to just one..But the reason I love this match is because Samsonov had such a passion during this tournament that he displayed time and time again, 1st when he beat Ma Long, then 2nd when he won the World Cup by defeating Chen Qi.
It was such a perfect display of mental toughness and thats what table tennis is all about. It's one big mind game. And with enough training, I believe anyone can become a champion. It's only a matter of how bad you want it.
We all know that Ma Long was in prime form here and it was no easy feat to take him down. The finals looked easier then this match and therefore I chose this one as my all time #1 match!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
this is my favourite match
ai fukuhara vs the president/leader of china. even though it was not a professional match but the spirit of table tennis able to bring the two countries - japan and china - together. of course i personally like ai fukuhara as well. her smile is lovely. the leader of china always being cruel and mean in my point of view but through this match it opened my eyes. i able to see the smile from this leader. i wish both countries able to do more of these friendly table tennis matches. they are fun and meaningful!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
this is my favorite match because there are many great rallies between these two great players. Also, it is the first time Wang Liqin defeated defeated Xu Xin in an ittf pro tour. Finally, Wang was down 3-1 but he caught up. This game shows his strong mental game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011

Wang Liqin vs. Xu Xin - this is my favorite because the level of skill & athleticism shown in this game was ridiculous! Two of the very best players in the world & both personal favorites of mine firing on all cylinders from beginning to end! I think the epic rallies speak for themselves really!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
For me, the match which stands above all others is very recent, only last week infact. I'm talking about the English Open men's QF between Wang Liqin and Xu Xin.

I watched it live from New Zealand which is 13 hours ahead of England, and I'd been watching events unfold all night so was pretty tired by then.
But as the sun was coming up, this match began, and I was astonished at the level Wang Liqin had been able to maintain even at 32! Xu Xin is a phenomenal player, but I knew it'd be a fight!
Wang Liqin is such a juggernaut. In my 8 years of playing and watching Table Tennis, this was the best I've ever seen. Consistently awesome to the last point.
Even in Wang's next match against Chen, it looked like he would come back and take it in the 7th! I was rooting for my fellow lefty Chen, but he sure kept me on the edge of my seat! ;)
I was also really impressed with Ma Lin's game against Ryu Seung Min. To be honest that's the best I've ever seen Ma play, he really is the master of over the table play.
Overall though, Wang vs Xu was the best. Truly fantastic. :D

says Arrrrssseeenaaalll!!!!
says Arrrrssseeenaaalll!!!!
Feb 2011
My favorite match of all time was ma lin vs kenta Matsudaira. This match got me really excited, because i had no clue what the outcome of it would be. Also i didn't know much about Kenta at the time, but this match was incredible and also it made me want to train hard in table tennis =D

(The sounds not to great)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011

This match between Ma Long and Wang Hao in the German Open is by far the best match and favorite I've seen. The quality of both players going at it with strong top-spins, counter top-spins, backhand loops and serves is fantastic. Having these two players also makes it a lot more interesting seeing that they're both in the top 5 and not to mention they have both been #1 in the world. This final, although not long, is always on the move and there's not one point that's boring. I don't want to ruin it to you by saying who won so watch it please. I truly recommend this match, you will enjoy it :D

Hope you like it as much as I like that bag haha :)

This user has no status.

I think this match is incredible and the best final I have ever seen in my whole life. It is the final of the Qatar open 2009 between Timo Boll(World Number 1) and Ma Lin (Olympic Champion). The intensity of the match was absoutely incredible from both players, and some of the shots were unthinkable and very innovative. A match to go down in the history books!!! :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Kong Linghui vs Joo Se Hyuk 2003 China Open

This match is amazing.

This is Joo Se Hyuk playing his best table tennis ever, playing against an all time great. The match goes to 7 games. Game 5 and game 7 both go to Deuce. In game 6 the score is 11-9. You cannot get a closer match than this and both players are so fast and so powerful. Kong does an amazing job of handling Joo's defence but I have never seen Joo attack so effectively and I have never seen him move so fast. There are so many amazing rallies in this match; long points where one or the other player gets put on defense and turns the tables switching to offense. It is also amazing to see Joo put Kong on defense. I have never seen a match as tight and competitive as this where there are so many amazing rallies. Half of the points in this match could be on a highlight reel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010

They both played absolutely amazing and it was such a close match. The standard of the attacking in this game is out of this world. It's a great watch because they both play so great that you have no idea who's going to win.